Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dollarama

$4 magnetic vent mount

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2017 9:28 pm
Mar 26, 2013
88 posts
39 upvotes
The Destroyer wrote: Anybody happen to find any in the Mississauga locations? Came up empty while checking after work.
Ask in store and show them a picture. The one I went to didn't have any on the shelf, I asked, lady came over and was able to take some out from a box they had on top of the shelves.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2010
1181 posts
59 upvotes
BURLINGTON
I have a problem I only have 4 vents in my car but have 6 phones lol - that would look hi tech
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1334 posts
978 upvotes
Ottawa
JackWhyte wrote: I cannot even imagine the bizarre situation you'd find yourself in requiring you to "get one of these within a week". :lol:

Are you serious?

"Bizarre" situations:
- Some people just like to buy an item and use it right away. Road trip this weekend, maybe?
- Gift for someone who you don't want to have to wait a month to give it to. Around Christmas these would have made great, last minute, stocking stuffers.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
2282 posts
874 upvotes
Kleinburg, ON.
Just picked one up for my daily commuter car from the same location!

Thanks OP!

Note to people interested in picking this up, it's very short when you mount it to the vent. Shorter than I expected it to be, but, the magnet is ultra strong so your phone shouldn't fall off. I'm using a iPhone 6 Plus with a case.

The car I tested it on has vertical vents. You can either plug it into the vent using the narrow or wide side itself for the 4 mounting forks. I have fatter vents so I used the narrower forks in the mount itself. You'll see what I mean when you pick it up. Otherwise, if you don't mount it correctly, when you turn your car it will fall out of the vent.
Nov 19, 2009
744 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto
Found one at the Front and Sherbourne location in Downtown Toronto. They had a bunch when I went in. Works well
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
Strong enough to hold an. 8 inch tablet? LePan 8inch specifically
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2010
1181 posts
59 upvotes
BURLINGTON
I would think it is strong enough to hold a small tablet - its only $4 give it a shot
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1886 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto
Been using one for a few months. Not sure if it affects the phone but my iphone 6plus touchscreen started acting weird and auto-jump/wouldnt respond. I put it between phone and case (did not use adhesive) - I was surprise given the phone was less than 2 years use and few drops with a pretty good case. Anyone has similar issue?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1765 posts
835 upvotes
I think I remember reading these can mess with the compass in your phone. Might be worth double checking in case it damages your phone. I bought one of these from China a couple years ago and never used it because of what I read.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
azybcxrfd wrote: Been using one for a few months. Not sure if it affects the phone but my iphone 6plus touchscreen started acting weird and auto-jump/wouldnt respond. I put it between phone and case (did not use adhesive) - I was surprise given the phone was less than 2 years use and few drops with a pretty good case. Anyone has similar issue?
That might actually be the touch disease the iPhone 6 plus are experiencing.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
deeznuts wrote: - Gift for someone who you don't want to have to wait a month to give it to. Around Christmas these would have made great, last minute, stocking stuffers.
yep, right along with the time machine you bought them.

and my comment was in response to the exact quote I posted, where apparently the poster felt the extra money was worth it because everyone "just hadda have it NOW!" which is hilarious for such a totally inconsequential item like this. it's like it's insulin or something. :lol:
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1334 posts
978 upvotes
Ottawa
JackWhyte wrote: yep, right along with the time machine you bought them.

and my comment was in response to the exact quote I posted, where apparently the poster felt the extra money was worth it because everyone "just hadda have it NOW!" which is hilarious for such a totally inconsequential item like this. it's like it's insulin or something. :lol:
I know your comment was in response to the exact quote you posted... it was my message. I think a cell phone holder in a car is pretty much essential these days, assuming you don't have a car with Android Auto / Car Play. I use mine every day... if it broke, I would not want to wait a month for a replacement.

Just because it is cheap, doesn't mean it is inconsequential. In fact, if you don't have your phone mounted securely, and play around with it while driving, there could be pretty severe consequences.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/distracted-driving

To each their own, but I think spending $4 (an extra ~$2-$3 to get it right away) on something to possibly avoid dealing with law enforcement looking to fill quotas, is a good decision.

Plus, you haven't even provided any links to any of these dollar versions. Feel free... that's sort of the point.

I'm seeing this on DX right now:
$4.37

Now a good deal on insulin would be inconsequential unless you had diabetes. But everyone, including those people with effed up blood sugar, can enjoy this deal.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4598 posts
1658 upvotes
Brampton
mikka2017 wrote: Strong enough to hold an. 8 inch tablet? LePan 8inch specifically
Depending on the design of your vents, you might have room to use two of these to secure a tablet.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
be handy when you're using your cell as a GPS.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
deeznuts wrote: Just because it is cheap, doesn't mean it is inconsequential. In fact, if you don't have your phone mounted securely, and play around with it while driving, there could be pretty severe consequences.
LOL, do you actually think that these stupid mounts automatically make it legal to play around with your phone while driving? :facepalm:

you should really read the FAQ before posting it, as there is no difference between using a smartphone on a seat, in your hand, on the dash, etc. - using or looking at any screen while in a car on a road, will get you a fine.

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/safety ... -faq.shtml

In Ontario, it's against the law to:

view display screens unrelated to your driving
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1334 posts
978 upvotes
Ottawa
JackWhyte wrote: LOL, do you actually think that these stupid mounts automatically make it legal to play around with your phone while driving? :facepalm:

you should really read the FAQ before posting it, as there is no difference between using a smartphone on a seat, in your hand, on the dash, etc. - using or looking at any screen while in a car on a road, will get you a fine.

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/safety ... -faq.shtml

In Ontario, it's against the law to:

view display screens unrelated to your driving
Feel free to keep trying to get the last word in here. That's not what I was suggesting at all. For the most part, the mounts are used to access your GPS apps safely. "Playing around" could be the simple act of holding it in your hand, looking down at it for any reason, trying to retrieve it from the ground, console, etc. I'm not talking about playing Crossy Road while driving, give me a break man. I read the FAQ, and would expect the points indicated as to what constitutes distracted driving to be pretty obvious.

These cheap mounts give people the option to just set the thing up and forget about it. If the phone isn't in your hand, cops need to look a lot closer at what you are doing. Sure, if they see you taking Snapchats while the thing is on the mount, you are going down.

Can you still be distracted with the phone mounted? You sure can. Can a mount help, at least, reduce the risk, of becoming distracted, and being citing for distracted driving? You bet. Is it a good deal for $4? It sure is.

Would you still debate any of these points?

Btw: still waiting on those links to the super cheap China versions.

I'm definitely getting $4 worth of entertainment value out of this thread.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14763 posts
4912 upvotes
Montreal
deeznuts wrote: Feel free to keep trying to get the last word in here. That's not what I was suggesting at all.
of course you were, just re-read your post. :facepalm:

as per the FAQ, even turning your phone on in a car, viewing a single screen that isn't 100% related to driving, etc. is against the law, yet you portray this stupid little device as some panacea to getting out of a ticket. and not ONCE do you mention GPS in your rant, and say bizarre stuff like "I think a cell phone holder in a car is pretty much essential these days, assuming you don't have a car with Android Auto / Car Play." huh? I think you meant "if you don't have a car with GPS" right, those are stripped down versions of ios and android with messages, email, music, video, etc.

again, do a search, zero entries for "GPS".
I know your comment was in response to the exact quote you posted... it was my message. I think a cell phone holder in a car is pretty much essential these days, assuming you don't have a car with Android Auto / Car Play. I use mine every day... if it broke, I would not want to wait a month for a replacement.

Just because it is cheap, doesn't mean it is inconsequential. In fact, if you don't have your phone mounted securely, and play around with it while driving, there could be pretty severe consequences.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/distracted-driving

To each their own, but I think spending $4 (an extra ~$2-$3 to get it right away) on something to possibly avoid dealing with law enforcement looking to fill quotas, is a good decision.

Plus, you haven't even provided any links to any of these dollar versions. Feel free... that's sort of the point.

I'm seeing this on DX right now:
$4.37

Now a good deal on insulin would be inconsequential unless you had diabetes. But everyone, including those people with effed up blood sugar, can enjoy this deal.
deeznuts wrote: I'm definitely getting $4 worth of entertainment value out of this thread.
That's because you're clearly OCD and your psyche will not allow you to leave a reply of mine alone - watch and see.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
CadetSosa wrote: Very comparable to China price. Good deal
Shouldn't Dollarama be renamed to "just in case you dont want to wait for it from China"
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2004
1094 posts
968 upvotes
Toronto
I have one of these.

Works well BUT do you vent mount your phone in the winter if you are running heat out of the vents. It will cook your phone battery.

Instead, I took an old magnet from a hard drive (or just buy a strong one) and taped it to the dash with double sided tape out of the way of the vent.
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
kleung21 wrote: I have one of these.

Works well BUT do you vent mount your phone in the winter if you are running heat out of the vents. It will cook your phone battery.

Instead, I took an old magnet from a hard drive (or just buy a strong one) and taped it to the dash with double sided tape out of the way of the vent.
ya im thinkng bout doing that too...u have actual pix? i just bought this last night, haven't had time to set it up..waiting for some daylight
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)