Shopping Discussion

Dollarama charged me more then the product price and refuse to pay the difference

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2020 9:03 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 25, 2015
18 posts
35 upvotes

Dollarama charged me more then the product price and refuse to pay the difference

Hi,

I bought a container from Dollarama which is priced as $1.25 on the product itself but bill says $2.00. I noticed that after I already paid. Please see the attached picture of receipt with the item price.

I mentioned that to the cashier and he called someone and that person literally refused to do anything. She said sale is final and literally can’t do anything.

It is my right to get my money back whatever is the difference but she was kept on repeating “Sorry, she can’t do anything” isn’t that robbery? I ask her name, which she refuse to give.

What the law says about such situation? And what are my legal options? It is only $0.75 but it is about right and wrong principles.

Thank you.
Images
  • BABB646F-F789-4B47-A507-B35F428DDE52.jpeg
63 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 23, 2008
9846 posts
6288 upvotes
Toronto (Markham)
Its Dollarama. Ive encountered this before but I caught it during scanning. They refused to do the price adjustment and said the scanner is correct. Nothing you can do. Its not like they are a member of SCOP. You just either accept it or tell them to F off and walk out the door.
Tis banana is IRIE :razz:

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11812 posts
9074 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Definitely the same item as pictured, as I can see the bar code # lines up with the last entry on your receipt.

As per the SCOP = Scanner Price Accuracy thread
reminder-code-practice-scanner-price-accuracy-173091/

I don’t believe Dollarama is a member

So prob not much you can do
Other than return the item to get your $ 2 back
(IF Dollarama even does returns ... I don’t think they do)

Short of that ...
You’ve posted here for the world to see / Google & find
Or ...
Vote with your wallet & don’t shop there
Be it this one store, or the whole chain
Member
Dec 25, 2006
227 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
You can take them to small claims court, but not really worth your time for 75 cents.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 28, 2007
6776 posts
3193 upvotes
Alberta
It's not just his $0.75. It's every single person that gets ripped off like this. Adds up in no time.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5457 posts
6109 upvotes
If you live in Ontario, I believe it is protected under "Consumer Protection Act". Even the product is final, the retailer cannot lie anything on the product. Consumer still own the recourse. You can contact them via email, social media or phone and see if they can offer you any help.
https://www.ontario.ca/page/your-rights ... ection-act

"Misrepresentation"
->"It’s illegal for the business or individual to give you false information"
->"A representation that a specific price advantage exists, if it does not."
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 25, 2015
18 posts
35 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Definitely the same item as pictured, as I can see the bar code # lines up with the last entry on your receipt.

As per the SCOP = Scanner Price Accuracy thread
reminder-code-practice-scanner-price-accuracy-173091/

I don’t believe Dollarama is a member

So prob not much you can do
Other than return the item to get your $ 2 back
(IF Dollarama even does returns ... I don’t think they do)

Short of that ...
You’ve posted here for the world to see / Google & find
Or ...
Vote with your wallet & don’t shop there
Be it this one store, or the whole chain
I ask for refund and was told “check receipt. No return no refund”
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 25, 2015
18 posts
35 upvotes
lcmt wrote: If you live in Ontario, I believe it is protected under "Consumer Protection Act". Even the product is final, the retailer cannot lie anything on the product. Consumer still own the recourse. You can contact them via email, social media or phone and see if they can offer you any help.
https://www.ontario.ca/page/your-rights ... ection-act

"Misrepresentation"
->"It’s illegal for the business or individual to give you false information"
->"A representation that a specific price advantage exists, if it does not."
Thank you for the info. I am in Ontario indeed.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 5, 2006
624 posts
467 upvotes
Winnipeg
take them to small claims court for fraud as someone suggested if you have the time. If it's a hassle for you, it'll also be a hassle for them and ask for something reasonable like $50 for punitive damages.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 25, 2003
14392 posts
3366 upvotes
Markham
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
6065 posts
1731 upvotes
BC
There was a previous thread about Dollarama that is similar but with a distinct difference.

In this case the price is factory pre-printed on the packaging whereas .......

... this one involved store price stickers on the item

We can agree on a few things about Dollarama:
- they don't subscribe to SCOP
- they use shelf pricing like other stores, but not at all consistently
- they use price stickers like other stores, but not at all consistently
- they have a price pre-printed on packaging in many cases, unlike most other stores
- for items that have no pre-printed price, no sticker, and no shelf price, they tell you they don't know what the price is until the cashier scans it
- their all sales final, no refunds and no exchanges policy is usually quite prominent at the entrance
- they increase prices when they want without taking the steps that other retailers normally do to avoid customer confusion or dissatisfaction

All of this makes it a store that you don't want to patronize unless you know quite definitely what you want and are prepared to confirm the price at the checkout before actually paying.

In the present case, the person that the cashier called over should have politely explained that they erred on pricing and because of that will do a refund exception.
Not what the customer wanted (the item at the pre-printed price) but at least it's no skin off Dollarama's nose to accept they erred and just reverse the sale.
And of course she should have immediately had someone re-sticker the lower priced items to the new higher price (but that doesn't seem to happen at other retailers even).

I don't think anything will ever change with Dollarama marching to its own drummer.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
10325 posts
1585 upvotes
Toronto
seagulls wrote: Hi,

I bought a container from Dollarama which is priced as $1.25 on the product itself but bill says $2.00. I noticed that after I already paid. Please see the attached picture of receipt with the item price.

I mentioned that to the cashier and he called someone and that person literally refused to do anything. She said sale is final and literally can’t do anything.

It is my right to get my money back whatever is the difference but she was kept on repeating “Sorry, she can’t do anything” isn’t that robbery? I ask her name, which she refuse to give.

What the law says about such situation? And what are my legal options? It is only $0.75 but it is about right and wrong principles.

Thank you.
Instead of reading "take the to court or email news outlets" why not first try e-mailing or calling Dollarama's head people/customer service... it may get you further.

https://www.dollarama.com/en-ca/corp/co ... contact-us
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5457 posts
6109 upvotes
You can tell them that "No matter what you write on the receipt, retailer cannot overrule the law. Under this situation, Dollarama simply violates the law. It sets a trap to customers. I'm going to contact Consumer Protection Ontario". I believe if authority receives enough complains with similar situation. It will put them up in the regular court and Dollarama will pay a fine for misleading to customer and misrepresentation of the product.
seagulls wrote: I ask for refund and was told “check receipt. No return no refund”
Member
Jan 30, 2013
246 posts
69 upvotes
On all items you buy from Dollarama ask for a price check.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2188 posts
990 upvotes
Victoria
Dollarama’s business practices when it comes to handling defective sales in store are definitely questionable. Their corporate response is always that you should contact them at head office and they’ll send you a gift card for like $10.

It’s super sketchy because they know most people won’t bother. I’m not sure if it’s even legal that they refuse to refund problem transactions in store, but that’s what it is anyway.

Top