• Mar 2nd, 2019 9:16 am
Dec 1, 2018
61 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
fonzy35 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 6:21 pm
No problem pairing them?
Pairing was a bit tricky but I was able to pair them both successfully.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1165 posts
633 upvotes
Land
YungTrapLord wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 6:27 pm
Pairing was a bit tricky but I was able to pair them both successfully.
Finally got it working, on and off ,on and off, clicking pair button then got it to pair with my samsung tab, in fact using the keyboard right now...
:-)
Last edited by fonzy35 on Feb 21st, 2019 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 1, 2018
61 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
fonzy35 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 6:44 pm
Finally got it working, on and off ,on and off, clicking pair button then got it to pair with my samsung tab, in fact using the keyboard right now...
:-)
What is your initial impression?
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1165 posts
633 upvotes
Land
YungTrapLord wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 6:48 pm
What is your initial impression?
Feel cheap, but it does work good..
Dec 1, 2018
61 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
fonzy35 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 6:50 pm
Feel cheap, but it does work good..
I found the keys much too mushy for fast typing. I have to use only my pointer fingers and use more force than I'd like to ensure the key is pressed. Will be using it as a stocking stuffer haha.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1165 posts
633 upvotes
Land
YungTrapLord wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 6:52 pm
I found the keys much too mushy for fast typing. I have to use only my pointer fingers and use more force than I'd like to ensure the key is pressed. Will be using it as a stocking stuffer haha.
Yeah, its a different feeling from my Logitech wireless..
Jul 7, 2007
109 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know where I can find one in DT Toronto or North York? Searched everywhere last time this came up but to no avail!!! If anyone has a spare let me know. TIA!
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2017
1114 posts
1012 upvotes
katwoman2000 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 12:11 pm
Anyone know where I can find one in DT Toronto or North York? Searched everywhere last time this came up but to no avail!!! If anyone has a spare let me know. TIA!
There’s one left at peanut plaza
Oct 4, 2008
685 posts
200 upvotes
Calgary Alberta
None at Quarry Park Dollarama, Calgary. I did find about 2 dozen Xbox One Titanfall games though... (no PS4)
Jul 7, 2007
109 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Omakase wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2019 12:39 pm
There’s one left at peanut plaza
Damn I'm not close to that location today. Argh. Missed this the first time. If any nice rfder picks up an extra and would sell it at cost, I would be forever grateful.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13509 posts
3766 upvotes
Montreal
YungTrapLord wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 6:20 pm
I purchased 2 of these keyboards, and the charging ports on both of them broke instantly when I tried inserting the provided micro-usb cables. It was cold outside and I'm not sure if that made the PCB brittle.

I took them to another nearby Dollarama location, and showed them the issue and my receipt. The manager let me exchange them for another 2 (after I checked they were okay).
What the hell? Do you live in CandyLand and ride your Unicorn back to Dollarama?

I even mention "defective", "return" or "exchange" at any Dollarama in the real world and I get screamed at with "YOU NO READ - NO RETURNS!!" and get pointed to the door with an obvious GTFO. It's like shopping in a third-world bazaar. I spent $32 on defective 3rd-party Inwood/Rock Candy phone batteries/plugs (that after opening, realized had been sitting in a warehouse for 5 years) and got totally hosed by these scam artists.

And then I email Dollarama HQ and get told the same basic thing, and to STFU about it online - then they contact RFD and closed my thread.
FourDollarama Shut Down My RFD Customer Experience Thread!
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13509 posts
3766 upvotes
Montreal
My exact comments from Dollarama HQ in reply to my inquiry about getting jacked for $32 in junk:

"Thank you for your input and I have passed this along to our product buying team. I am sure this will help us."

WTF? Where's my $32 biotch? (I said this in a much nicer way)

"I apologize, but we do not offer returns or exchanges and this is clearly spelled out in each of our stores. Thank you."

Anyone in 2019 who continues to buy electronic or rechargeable devices at Dollarama does not understand the value of $4 or the fact that Dollarama is a scam operation designed to get money in exchange for old and defective junk.
FourDollarama Shut Down My RFD Customer Experience Thread!
May 2, 2008
212 posts
293 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
YungTrapLord wrote:
Feb 21st, 2019 6:20 pm
I purchased 2 of these keyboards, and the charging ports on both of them broke instantly when I tried inserting the provided micro-usb cables. It was cold outside and I'm not sure if that made the PCB brittle.

I took them to another nearby Dollarama location, and showed them the issue and my receipt. The manager let me exchange them for another 2 (after I checked they were okay).
Where did you buy them ? I checked 3 locations in my area and neither had them.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
1427 posts
1153 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
4 left in Barrie location off Mapleview as of Feb 23 5pm