Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dollarama

Dollarama Char-Broil hose and regulator $4.00

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2017 6:24 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2006
1686 posts
1254 upvotes
Calgary

[Dollarama] Dollarama Char-Broil hose and regulator $4.00

Pretty good deal for a a hose and regulator, These go for around $30 at most places
Images
  • IMG_20170710_145418.jpg
38 replies
Jun 6, 2007
94 posts
38 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I was at the Hurontario / Dundas location earlier today and didn't see it but didn't know about it at the time.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2005
1030 posts
488 upvotes
Markham
That's a dual output regulator for a BBQ with a side burner.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2006
1686 posts
1254 upvotes
Calgary
Hobbesgsr wrote: That's a dual output regulator for a BBQ with a side burner.
The picture is misleading, I opened a package up and it's for a single burner
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1525 posts
1657 upvotes
ON
Would there be any safety issue here, knowing Dollarama quality is not exactly top class? I wouldn't want to risk anything where gas is involved, especially saving a few dollars.
”If you buy things you don’t need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”
Dec 12, 2009
489 posts
391 upvotes
lord wayne wrote: The picture is misleading, I opened a package up and it's for a single burner
do you know the length of the hose? thx.
May 28, 2004
705 posts
291 upvotes
BelleVegas
Holystone wrote: Would there be any safety issue here, knowing Dollarama quality is not exactly top class? I wouldn't want to risk anything where gas is involved, especially saving a few dollars.
[...] it says "charbroil" on package a Brand name. [...]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jul 11th, 2017 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: don't be rude
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
4449 posts
2002 upvotes
Scarborough
Would this hose connect to a 10lb propane tank?
Jan 1, 2011
653 posts
189 upvotes
Kitchener
You would trust your life to a dollar-store propane hose?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
4129 posts
3226 upvotes
Toronto
fmpsportsguy2 wrote: [...] it says "charbroil" on package a Brand name. [...]
call me paranoid but regardless of brand name...these may be totally safe and no different than what you get at home depot
However, I will probably lose sleep each night if I were to have this thing attached to my grill.
I will pay for peace of mind every time.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jul 14th, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit in quote
Aug 2, 2014
905 posts
1191 upvotes
Vancity
Jesus, what a bunch of Nancy's here. It's char-broil brand. Doesn't matter if it's sold at HD or Dollarama. It's a well known BBQ company. Absolutely safe.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2010
2626 posts
1425 upvotes
burlington, on
bmedicky wrote: You would trust your life to a dollar-store propane hose?
You are right...
Go buy the same exactly item on HD for 30 dollars!
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6664 upvotes
Not a bad deal.I needed one of these a couple months ago and was just under 30 at HD.If i find ill grab one for a spare.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Oct 13, 2003
62 posts
32 upvotes
Brampton
-=MK=- wrote: Wow, what a bunch of A-holes here. It was a legitimate question from someone who is concerned. Time to get out and get some sun don't you think?
Ask and your questions will be answered different ways. The analogy is when someone throws the baby out with the dirty water. Look at the photo, it's in a genuine Charbroil box/item you see in HD. If you want to pay full retail price, knock yourself out but I'm OK with items from whomever.
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1295 posts
568 upvotes
North York, ON
Dollarama has been known to have some amazing deals on quality products- buds, wireless keyboards, etc. Problem I always have is trying to find stock instore.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3841 posts
2260 upvotes
'Shwallywood
If anyone has any issues with the quality, in this case, safety of a product, always look for the certification markings on the package and product. This product will have the CSA star for gas compliance or some other certification ie: UL or Intertek

These have been all over durham region since last year fwiw. Kendalwood, Oshawa Centre, Smart centres at Laval all have em as far as Oshawa is concerned. Since switching to natural gas, I can't stand to bbq with any other fuel
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3438 posts
744 upvotes
Winnipeg
No luck finding this in stores in Winnipeg...
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4482 posts
2024 upvotes
bmedicky wrote: You would trust your life to a dollar-store propane hose?
YOUR LIFE?!?! If something happens, just close the damn tank.. it's not like it will explode or something.
Nov 13, 2005
413 posts
426 upvotes
Calgary
This really weird obsession with not trusting made in china is ignorant. Almost everything is made there. Your made in USA or Canada is likely assembled here but made in china and the assembly might just be to add a screw then box it with a made in china box. There are different quality and costs for made in china. Some factories will produce the same thing and save a couple cents (seriously a couple Canadian cents) and the product sucks. You need to hope the brand and or manufacturer has good qc there and will stand behind it when their chinese supplier factory tries to save those couple cents and makes the product worse.

As for Dollarama, most of these items are brand name and overstock or liquidation or the factory made too much and need to dump it. The china factory has a contract to produce 100000 of them, overruns and they make 20000 more, that 20000 is sold to liquidators like dollarama. It will be the exact same thing you want to pay $30 more for at a big brand chain. Guess what, they all buy and supply from the same distributors. The Lego at Dollarama aren't knockoff, just last season and stores or warehouses cleared them out for pennies on the dollar. Warehouse space and making a loss is better than hording items they can't hope to clear out so liquidators buy them and you see it at Dollarama.

As for propane safety, "brand name" hose could have the same defects. Also doesn't everyone shut off their tank after use, who leaves it on?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)