[Dollarama] Drain buster

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 8:05 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1388 posts
487 upvotes
Toronto
muffin_man wrote: Seems like it's actually sucking all the crap in the tube? So pretty much single use?
Can anyone confirm this? I also found it strange the instruction says that you're pulling it AFTER pushing it down on the sink.
If that really is the case, might fill it up first before pushing it down.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
12987 posts
24186 upvotes
Scarborough
snootchiebootchies wrote: I found that the drain weasel is a really good solution for slow draining sinks. The drain weasel can also be found at Dollaramas for $4.
Looks like I need to find 2 things at Dollarama now. Thanks for sharing that.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1863 posts
585 upvotes
Toronto
Lemmy wrote: I really need this. Both of my bathroom sinks are so clogged up.
soupmaster666 wrote: Bathroom sinks don't really work with plungers because they have an overflow. The same goes for bathtubs. Kitchen sinks usually don't have overflows, but they often have two drains so same problem.
I just take half a paper towel and plug up the overflow hole. Just jam the paper towel into the hole, plunge away for a few minutes, and presto. I never had an issue with plunging a bathtub before but I rarely need to because I have a hair strainer thatI have to clean out everyday (from Dollarama).
Last edited by ds2chan on Jul 26th, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
P10 2.4 THz CPU || 8 TB Ram || WD 300 TB HD || Nvidia w/ 32 TB Memory

"You're only as dumb as you look"
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
8995 posts
3294 upvotes
Toronto
danned wrote: Use this for my anus: stool
evacuation for your constipation?
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
1941 posts
479 upvotes
I recommend snaking your drain with one of those single piece plastic sticks (called zip-it or zip stick or something like that). I bought one a few years ago from homedepot and it cleared out my drains pretty damn well. It's reusable, and easy to clean and less likely to break. Mine looks like a sitck with holes punched out along the edge so It's less likely to catch on stuff. I can only find images of another type with barbs that stick out (more likely to get stuck).

WEAR A GAS MASK CAUSE YEARS OF DECOMPOSING HAIR AND GRIME WILL KNOCK YOU ON YOUR ASS.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
12558 posts
2605 upvotes
mr_yellow wrote: I recommend snaking your drain with one of those single piece plastic sticks (called zip-it or zip stick or something like that). I bought one a few years ago from homedepot and it cleared out my drains pretty damn well. It's reusable, and easy to clean and less likely to break. Mine looks like a sitck with holes punched out along the edge so It's less likely to catch on stuff. I can only find images of another type with barbs that stick out (more likely to get stuck).

WEAR A GAS MASK CAUSE YEARS OF DECOMPOSING HAIR AND GRIME WILL KNOCK YOU ON YOUR ASS.
u have any pic of the zip thingy?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Nov 22, 2011
838 posts
185 upvotes
Batcave
Picked one up today. Good timing because they just stocked it yesterday. Told me they only get one shipment of these so once it's sold it's gone. Maybe that only applies to this one location though.
“Nothing harms me. But I know pain. I know pain. Sometimes I share it. With someone like you.” - Batman . . . . .
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
1813 posts
560 upvotes
jasonchewy wrote: Thanks, will give it a try.
Though bad choice of name...sounds like it'll wreck your drain lol
Clog Buster. Yes? Nah? Maybe? Winking Face
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6990 posts
2641 upvotes
Calgary
It doesn't look any easier than a regular plunger.

Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7680 posts
1534 upvotes
Don't think the point is ease, it is supposed to create more pressure since you are moving more air than just the small air pocket in a typical plunger.
althetrainer wrote: It doesn't look any easier than a regular plunger.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
13727 posts
1915 upvotes
Mississauga
Bought it yesterday (didn't realize we had a whole thread on RFD), it fixed a drain issue in 15 min of work that liquid drain openers haven't been able to..

Worth the $4!!
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
13727 posts
1915 upvotes
Mississauga
soupmaster666 wrote: Bathroom sinks don't really work with plungers because they have an overflow. The same goes for bathtubs. Kitchen sinks usually don't have overflows, but they often have two drains so same problem.
Worked fine on my bathroom sink. The overflow allowed me to take excess gunk out when I pumped this..
Jan 3, 2006
339 posts
242 upvotes
Halifax
Came for the deal, stayed for the conversation...