Price in title please!
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 32GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 28GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Dec 24, 2014
75 posts
8 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
My kitchen sink got stuck and my super came up with this. I asked him where he got it, now I know!
Thanks!
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1388 posts
487 upvotes
Toronto
I've just tried this out the other day, and it truly is horrible.
You'd think with that much room in that piston, there'll be lots of movement of water.
In reality, when I pulled up, it feels like it pulled in air, and when I pushed down, it pushed air into the drain.
Maybe with some modifications, it might work better, but not gonna waste my effort.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
2603 posts
778 upvotes
Windsor
althetrainer wrote: It doesn't look any easier than a regular plunger.

It's not. It is quite a bit cheaper than a good plunger, however.
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.
Nov 7, 2012
992 posts
418 upvotes
TORONTO
I need one of these. My wife constantly clogs the toilets with her massive poops..
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
9868 posts
4499 upvotes
akswun wrote: I need one of these. My wife constantly clogs the toilets with her massive poops..
lol
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
May 30, 2019
101 posts
119 upvotes
jasonchewy wrote: I've just tried this out the other day, and it truly is horrible.
You'd think with that much room in that piston, there'll be lots of movement of water.
In reality, when I pulled up, it feels like it pulled in air, and when I pushed down, it pushed air into the drain.
Maybe with some modifications, it might work better, but not gonna waste my effort.
You sure there was a good seal? I recently bought one of these to tackle a clog that a regular plunger couldn't handle. With the drain buster, i just pushed the plunger into the hole, filled the toilet bowl with water and started going to town. The water in the bowl didn't bubble or go down the drain so the seal was pretty tight. You could feel the pressure from the buster as you pushed and pulled. Once the pressure gets "relieved", you're done. Crazy how i spent over 20 minutes plunging with my regular plunger (didn't do the trick) and about 3 minutes with the buster and it shot the shit out
Aug 1, 2007
679 posts
59 upvotes
mr_yellow wrote: I recommend snaking your drain with one of those single piece plastic sticks (called zip-it or zip stick or something like that). I bought one a few years ago from homedepot and it cleared out my drains pretty damn well. It's reusable, and easy to clean and less likely to break. Mine looks like a sitck with holes punched out along the edge so It's less likely to catch on stuff. I can only find images of another type with barbs that stick out (more likely to get stuck).

WEAR A GAS MASK CAUSE YEARS OF DECOMPOSING HAIR AND GRIME WILL KNOCK YOU ON YOUR ASS.
Wish I read this before I did it myself. Bought what you have and man the smell from the drain. Almost threw up just from the smells.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
1388 posts
487 upvotes
Toronto
Gimmethedealio wrote: You sure there was a good seal? I recently bought one of these to tackle a clog that a regular plunger couldn't handle. With the drain buster, i just pushed the plunger into the hole, filled the toilet bowl with water and started going to town. The water in the bowl didn't bubble or go down the drain so the seal was pretty tight. You could feel the pressure from the buster as you pushed and pulled. Once the pressure gets "relieved", you're done. Crazy how i spent over 20 minutes plunging with my regular plunger (didn't do the trick) and about 3 minutes with the buster and it shot the shit out
yea, this was for my shower, so the water level might not be high enough for the plunger to suck it all up. but the plastic cup is pretty flimsy compared to a regular plunger's cup.

since you're correctly made proper use of it, then you can answer my question, so it's meant to suck up all the clogged water (s**ty water), and uses it to push down again through the clog?
May 30, 2019
101 posts
119 upvotes
jasonchewy wrote: yea, this was for my shower, so the water level might not be high enough for the plunger to suck it all up. but the plastic cup is pretty flimsy compared to a regular plunger's cup.

since you're correctly made proper use of it, then you can answer my question, so it's meant to suck up all the clogged water (s**ty water), and uses it to push down again through the clog?
Ah yes, just make sure you're covering the overflow for the shower before you start plunging otherwise you won't be able to build up any pressure.

How big is your shower drain? Have you tried to use the little attachment for sinks? Might be helpful in fitment.

Yeah basically it just builds pressure in the pipes from the water that's currently in there until the clog is gone. If you have dirty water in the pipes, just let the faucet run until you are comfortable enough with plunging
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1161 posts
3094 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Lemmy wrote: I really need this. Both of my bathroom sinks are so clogged up.
Need to clean yer traps it sounds like. This should be done once every 6 months anyway
What's in your wallet?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7680 posts
1534 upvotes
Is Dollarama, anything worth anything is $4.
NowJoJo wrote: Price in title please!
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Dec 7, 2009
282 posts
141 upvotes
Ajax
jasonchewy wrote: I've just tried this out the other day, and it truly is horrible.
See my technique above.
Plug the drain and fill the sink/toilet bowl/shower with clean water.
Sucks that clean water into your plunger (instead of filling your plunger with poop)
Use that water to push down the drain.
Repeat the process again and you have a clean plunger each time.
Worked well
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
7309 posts
3267 upvotes
Toronto
You'll need the poop assassin to clean up after the drain buster does the dirty work.

Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1934 posts
1304 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Not something you buy too often, so just spend a little more and get a good quality plunger that will last a long time. Job gets done quickly with a quality plunger over these cheap ones. Pretty sure you can move more water/air with one of the plungers in the link above, than with these. I have a similar one for nearly 20yrs, and it still works whenever I need it.

And for bathroom sinks, if you have one of those lever operated drain plugs, then get yourself one of those drain weasels, fixit drain cleaner sticks or similar one from anywhere... Odds are, they are full of hair... whenever the bathroom sinks drain slowly, I just reach underneath, unscrew the nut which holds the drain lever, and pull out the hair balls from there.. It's crazy on how much hair gathers on those drains.