Expired Hot Deals

[Dollarama] Ghostbusters Classic Action Figures (Build-a-ghost)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2017 4:38 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 25, 2008
8 posts
1 upvote
Guelph
Melkor wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 6:38 pm
Alright, here's my last update. I finally found Winston and Egon. It took lots of stores.

Here's my Hamilton recap for any who are in the area:

Gage/Barton: Peter and Ray
Centre Mall: None
Westcliffe Mall: 1 each left of Peter and Ray
Mountain Plaza Mall: Peter and Ray
Rymal and Upper James: None
Main and Ferguson: Peter and Ray
Jackson Square: None
Eastgate Square: None
Queenston and Nash: ALL 4 but....the figures weren't on the shelf. I checked and was on my way out of the store when I noticed a stock cart. I saw boxes that said Ghostbusters figures. I quickly opened a box and found Winston and Egon.
As of now there's 3-4 unopened cases that may or may not have more. If you're interested I'd recommend heading down soon.

Hope I've helped. Good luck all! Thanks again OP for making me drive around the entire city last night and today!
Thank you so much for the heads up for Hamilton, my son loves ghostbusters and I tried 5 stores with no luck. But with your heads up we got all 4 today, thanks again.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
3495 posts
1049 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
bromanchu wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 11:50 pm
Thank you so much for the heads up for Hamilton, my son loves ghostbusters and I tried 5 stores with no luck. But with your heads up we got all 4 today, thanks again.
Happy to help!! My 7 year old is going to get these for Christmas :)

He loves Ghostbusters....so at least I've done something right :P
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1118 posts
330 upvotes
London
The store at 979 Wellington Road South in London only has Ray and Peter but they do have lots of the Hot Wheels Ecto 1 as well. If anyone spots Egon and Winston around town in London please let me know!
Aug 10, 2008
66 posts
27 upvotes
Just stepped out of Brossard Dollarama, still nothing. I'll keep an eye on the downtown one, it's next to my office. If anyone spots these in Quebec let us know plz :)
Jan 30, 2016
68 posts
29 upvotes
swales wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 2:36 pm
The days of toys gaining value are long gone as so many people now keep sets bnib so the market will always be flooded with stock.
Full sets showing up on eBay now... from Canadian sellers. One was selling figures with the Hot Wheels Ectos.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3154 posts
363 upvotes
User581506 wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 5:34 pm
Full sets showing up on eBay now... from Canadian sellers. One was selling figures with the Hot Wheels Ectos.
Of course some people are going to try and flip them but I bet they won't sell.

On another note wish people weren't hoarders as my kids would love to play with these but all stores I've checked have been cleaned out.
Jan 30, 2016
68 posts
29 upvotes
swales wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 6:08 pm
Of course some people are going to try and flip them but I bet they won't sell.

On another note wish people weren't hoarders as my kids would love to play with these but all stores I've checked have been cleaned out.
+1 on the hoarders. I saw an Asian chick going through all the boxes (6) of figures. I assumed she was trying to mske multipke sets or buying up all the Egons and Winstons.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
1903 posts
528 upvotes
Toronto
Simby wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 1:09 pm
I was expecting that the Ghostbuster sign to be a stand alone purchase but it turns out each of the 4 figures has 1/4 of the sign so you have to buy all 4. I don't want the 4 figures. lol
that's unfortunate. I don't want the characters, just the main no ghost figurine
That's not a knife!
Nov 12, 2014
96 posts
15 upvotes
Kingston, ON
just missing Egon....anyone care to sell?
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1118 posts
330 upvotes
London
I went to 6 different Dollaramas in London and haven't seen Egon or Winston figures. WTF? Confused Face
Nov 9, 2011
891 posts
169 upvotes
Winnipeg
Went to the local dollarama 3 min away from my house and managed to snag all four.
Thx Op!
Le_arned to Churn now I use it as my hanrness.
Buy low sell high, always make a way to get what you want!💪😁👌
Mar 8, 2007
322 posts
458 upvotes
I hope the people who are hoarding get stuck with them. Clearly these people aren't the ones who actually appreciate the items for what they are. They are also not really collectors because figures like these don't usually go up in value (they are mass produced and not special variants etc.).

aside from that I wish this set included slimer :) I know these are based on the movie but I have fond memories of slimer too (theres a rumor that he was inserted into the movie as a tribute to the 'ghost' of john belushi )
Jan 26, 2013
1 posts
Toronto
Anybody have any leads on which stores to pick up all 4 in the Toronto area?

Thanks in advance!!
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3154 posts
363 upvotes
silenthunder wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 12:45 pm
I hope the people who are hoarding get stuck with them. Clearly these people aren't the ones who actually appreciate the items for what they are. They are also not really collectors because figures like these don't usually go up in value (they are mass produced and not special variants etc.).

aside from that I wish this set included slimer :) I know these are based on the movie but I have fond memories of slimer too (theres a rumor that he was inserted into the movie as a tribute to the 'ghost' of john belushi )
They will for sure and I'll then offer $2 each :) No way anyone is paying over retail for these.
Jun 1, 2017
19 posts
6 upvotes
rottweilah wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 2:50 pm
Anybody have any leads on which stores to pick up all 4 in the Toronto area?

Thanks in advance!!
The one at Woodbine mall had between 4 and 6 of each character when i was there last friday, the 4th.