[Dollarama] Hot Wheels Star Wars ships

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2017 5:45 am
Jun 25, 2005
431 posts
135 upvotes
canuckistanian44 wrote:
Dec 15th, 2016 8:19 am
The bay.ca has the elusive Tantive IV, Imperial Shuttle, A-Wing etc but for 7.99 ea.
Great for padding your cart full of 19.99 Tommy Dress shirts (Today Only)
Thanks for the tip, today is free shipping with no minimum so you can just order one of them. The nice ones are hard to find.
Dec 17, 2014
85 posts
41 upvotes
monkey_bongo wrote:
Dec 16th, 2016 6:29 am
Thanks for the tip, today is free shipping with no minimum so you can just order one of them. The nice ones are hard to find.
The Bay also dropped these to 6.39 today and free shipping.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10043 posts
552 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I guess those finger holders are handy if you want to do a Death Star trench scene. Three TIE fighters on one hand and three X-Wings on the other :D .
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10043 posts
552 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Vancouver, Harbour Centre update:
Someone(s) cleaned out the stock of TIE Fighter vs X-Wing (Red 2).
What's left are:
- Star Destroyer vs Mon Calamari Cruiser (decided to buy this)
- First Order Transport vs Resistance X-Wing
- TIE Fighter vs Ghost == This TIE Fighter has smaller "wings" than the ones that come with the X-Wing or Falcon. Looks kind of weird, so I didn't buy it.

They had quite a few single-packs, with some cool ships, but since those were also $4, I wasn't interested.
Feb 7, 2014
29 posts
17 upvotes
Sudbury
Thanks, picked up a tie fighter/millennium falcon combo in Sudbury. Gonna check other stores while I'm out and about today
[OP]
Jun 16, 2009
281 posts
254 upvotes
rabbit wrote:
Dec 16th, 2016 3:12 am
Heh heh, I was going purely by the shape of the ships. I think the other "crappy" one was the troop transport ship. Maybe I'll pick up one of the other two-packs next time I'm there, if still available.

I would love to get the one with the TIE Interceptor, as well as get a Falcon with the original dish :D . Supposedly, there's a pack with an AT-AT + snow speeder :-o .
I found it there today!
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10043 posts
552 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
:-o Damn, I hope "my" Dollarama gets some of those in. They did get the X-Wing/TIE_Fighter pack in stock the second time I was there, so hopefully, they still have some unopened boxes in the back :D .

Maybe Shoppers Drug Mart will clear out their four-packs after Xmas. They're at around $19 right now.

Found an unofficial list of what's available: https://collecthw.com/hw/search/Starships
There's Red 2, Red 3, and Red 5! I wonder what the differences are.

Just curious, but how many of you dudes are keeping them in original packaging and how many of you opened them? I opened mine, although I don't fly them around or anything :) .
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8108 posts
1650 upvotes
Toronto
rabbit wrote:
Dec 21st, 2016 2:53 am
There's Red 2, Red 3, and Red 5! I wonder what the differences are.
Can't speak for specifically for the toys but in a galaxy far, far away it's the markings on the wings i.e. how many red lines

Red 1

Red 5

Jan 11, 2010
126 posts
47 upvotes
canuckistanian44 wrote:
Dec 15th, 2016 8:19 am
The bay.ca has the elusive Tantive IV, Imperial Shuttle, A-Wing etc but for 7.99 ea.
Great for padding your cart full of 19.99 Tommy Dress shirts (Today Only)
Thank you for making me spending more $$ lol...
Btw I found the following in Walmart but @ $6.95
Images
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10043 posts
552 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
jenviea wrote:
Dec 21st, 2016 5:54 am
Can't speak for specifically for the toys but in a galaxy far, far away it's the markings on the wings i.e. how many red lines
Damn, I watched Star Wars in the summer of 1977, and never knew this! I always assumed those stripes were the same for all of them.

Yep, the Red 2 toy I have has two stripes.

BTW, I always thought that the four engines on the back were the same size, but it seems the top two are longer than the bottom two. Well, the X-Wing model kit I had has long been gone :( .

For those out West, London Drugs has the two-pack for $5.99, but they might only have the Calamari/Star_Destroyer pack. It's the only one listed on their website, and was the only one I saw at my local store. It's a different year/package than the Dollarama one, although both look the same to me.
https://www.londondrugs.com/hot-wheels- ... 59908.html
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
7830 posts
1784 upvotes
Ended up finding these also at DR yesterday.Lots of stock on ness ave.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10043 posts
552 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Vancouver, Seymour location has a bunch now, and Harbour Centre refilled their shelves. No AT-AT/Snow_Speeder :( , but the Harbour Centre one did get more X-Wing/TIE_Fighter packages.

Shoppers Drug Mart has the 4-pack on sale for $10. I only saw the Hero pack: Red 5, U-Wing, I think the Falcon, and I forget the fourth one.

edit// 4-pack I saw was: Star Destroyer, TIE Fighter (grey/black), Red 5, and U-Wing.
Last edited by rabbit on Dec 26th, 2016 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2013
1341 posts
423 upvotes
rabbit wrote:
Dec 26th, 2016 4:57 pm
Vancouver, Seymour location has a bunch now, and Harbour Centre refilled their shelves. No AT-AT/Snow_Speeder :( , but the Harbour Centre one did get more X-Wing/TIE_Fighter packages.
My Star Wars nerd husband reports that there are quite a few of the two-packs for $4 at Dollarama in Hamilton, including at least 5 of the AT-AT/Snow Speeder set (as of Dec 23rd). Rabbit, if you have trouble locating that set, let me know and I can pick one up for you if they are still there.
"I've saved so much money, I have practically MADE money!" :)
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10043 posts
552 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Thanks, but not necessary. I would like to have them, but not to the point that I'm willing to pay $$$ shipping. I actually only intended to buy one pack, just for kicks, and now ended up with three of them :D . If I wasn't already loaded with boxes of Toffifee, I probably would have picked up another pack today :D .

I wish the single ships were $2. There's some pretty cool ones. Mind you, I'm probably better off with them being $4 ;) .
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel