Hot Deals

[Dollarama] Hot Wheels Star Wars ships

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2017 12:35 pm
Jul 20, 2007
991 posts
153 upvotes
Brampton
I noticed there are 2 slightly different packaging of the Hot Wheels Star Wars figures at my walmart.
- The Force Awakens (with the Flight Navigator stand)
- Starship (with a standard display stand)

The single packs of the Force Awakens figures are $2 each at my Walmart. The single packs of the Starships figures were $5.79.
Both types seem to be die cast, as the packaging indicates so.
Apr 14, 2007
17 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
For the sake of reference - Cloverdale mall in Toronto. It's stuffed, like there is a rebel base or something...
Images
  • IMG_2687.JPG
  • IMG_2695.JPG
  • IMG_2697.JPG
  • IMG_2699.JPG
  • IMG_2702.JPG
  • IMG_2703.JPG
  • IMG_2704.JPG
  • IMG_2705.JPG
  • IMG_2706.JPG
  • IMG_2707.JPG
[OP]
Jun 16, 2009
325 posts
302 upvotes
Reviving thread because I found some different models today. I picked up the Slave-1, Vader's Tie Advanced and Jabba's Barge. They also had Yoda's Starfighter and Republic Gunship. These were the single pack for $4, so not as good a price as the dual pack, but I haven't seen these ships before.
Images
  • IMG_20170219_164746.jpg
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10340 posts
656 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Damn, I want Darth's TIE fighter and Booby Fett's ship, but not for $4.
Nov 13, 2006
442 posts
54 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
St_Deviation wrote:
Feb 1st, 2017 7:24 pm
For the sake of reference - Cloverdale mall in Toronto. It's stuffed, like there is a rebel base or something...
LOL. Cool, I haven't seen those individually packaged models with normal ships in them before.
Beware the RFD Effect
Jul 20, 2007
991 posts
153 upvotes
Brampton
Bought the Yoda ship single pack for $3 at Dollarama today, the sticker was still $4 but rang up as $3 at checkout. Not sure if the other single packs are now $3, so it may be YMMV. Or maybe Yoda's ship cost less to make
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5526 posts
264 upvotes
Calgary
Azreal911 wrote:
Jan 18th, 2017 1:09 pm
guys if you like these the BLACK SERIES is on clearance too! these are MUCH more detailed and 4 minis for $10!

so 50 cents more but much better details! it's originally sold for $30 for the pack!!!

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/star-wars-e ... 0193091297
hey thanks for posting this grabbed a few at Marlborough walmart and they are $5 now. about 7 left...
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10340 posts
656 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Found today at Vancouver, Harbour Centre! Wasn't there on Sunday.
Jango Fett's Slave 1 + Obi Wan Kenobi Jedi Starfighter

They had about four of them. They also restocked the TIE Fighter + X-Wing (Red 2) pack. Had about two of those left on the shelves.

Neither of these two-packs were at Seymour (not much left), nor at Denman Place Mall (lots on the shelves of other two-packs).

Harbour Centre and Seymour didn't have much for the single packs. Denman didn't have any. I believe they were stickered at $3.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10340 posts
656 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
A word of warning to dudes buying from Vancouver, Harbour Centre: the new stock that they've put out seems to have tape on the packages. They've obviously not been opened (since it rips the cardboard backing), but for some reason, there's tape on both sides, as well as on the top of the plastic. I don't know if the store did it or if it was done by their distributor. Just a heads up in case people want mint condition packaging.
[OP]
Jun 16, 2009
325 posts
302 upvotes
rabbit wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 3:44 am
A word of warning to dudes buying from Vancouver, Harbour Centre: the new stock that they've put out seems to have tape on the packages. They've obviously not been opened (since it rips the cardboard backing), but for some reason, there's tape on both sides, as well as on the top of the plastic. I don't know if the store did it or if it was done by their distributor. Just a heads up in case people want mint condition packaging.
I've always noticed the bottom having a tape attached to the packaging. Tape on the sides and top seems a bit odd though, thanks for the head's up.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Sep 14, 2015
119 posts
23 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
i went to the one off seymour st vancouver today, didnt have the dual packaging and only a couple single new SW ships.
IDK why, but I can no longer access my original account pureenergon

😕
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10340 posts
656 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Strange because I was downtown today, so dropped in Seymour, and they had the old unsold stock still on the shelves. They're in two places: on the back wall, and in the aisle opposite the electronics.

I also checked out Harbour Centre. Nothing new, but it looks like someone new went there and bought one of each two-pack. The TIE Fighter / X-Wing packs are gone.

I tried peeling the tape off. Wasn't entirely successful. The sides peeled off okay, but the front ripped in two small spots. The front piece also left a bunch of sticky residue. I'll try to get that off with masking tape, but have to be careful because doing so can cause bubbling of the cardboard.

BernardRyder wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 6:49 am
I've always noticed the bottom having a tape attached to the packaging. Tape on the sides and top seems a bit odd though, thanks for the head's up.
None of the packs I bought previously had tape on them. I guess it's a store thing. If that's the case, I don't know why Harbour Centre decided to do it because I haven't seen any of the packages opened. I rarely see kids in either downtown location.
Aug 22, 2016
124 posts
90 upvotes
STC Dollarama had the Titanium TIE/Imperial Shuttle/Kylo Ren Command Ship for 4$
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
10340 posts
656 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
I was hoping for more new two-packs. Wait, or was I? I started off only planning on buying a pack for nostalgia. Damn you for starting this thread. :D