Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dollarama

MONSTER Basics LED Light Strip (USB) $4

• Last Updated:
  • May 8th, 2020 10:07 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10593 posts
15784 upvotes
GT-EH
Thanks OP!... picked up a few.

I hope removing these do not leave a sticky residual mess later...
Public Mobile Customer, $34/50GB CAN-US
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Jul 4, 2018
957 posts
822 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote: It's in the factory settings of your vehicle via the head unit, you choose how long the dome/footwell bulb stays on after unlock, so the same gets transferred as you're tapping into the same wiring.
Great job on your truck. Man if only my 04 tsx had footwell lighting. I probably have to use the included switch to be able to do the samething as you
Put some resphek on my name!
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Unresphek wrote: Great job on your truck. Man if only my 04 tsx had footwell lighting. I probably have to use the included switch to be able to do the samething as you
Tap into the door wiring on the dash side, or inside the loom over the bottom threshold of the door that supplies power to unlock the rear doors. As soon as you unlock with fob or physically open the door, the dome light turns on, thus your new LED footwell lights should do same.

I know this works because I've actually moved my wiring taps to the threshold. My cab is so bright now lol, I wanted the dome lights separated from the footwell. So my dome switch is set to OFF (I turn it on demand or use the individual map lights), my rear cargo switch is set to DOOR, and only the footwells turn on when I unlock.

Amazon sells cheap pry kits, very useful for auto trim work.
Jan 2, 2012
162 posts
46 upvotes
FORT MCMURRAY
In for 4... At 4$ it's a no brainer
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
4196 posts
3204 upvotes
toronto
someone correct me, but if I want to put this behind my 65" tv, I need about 3-4 boxes right? Do all the strips connect together?
Got that FIDO account!
Jul 4, 2018
957 posts
822 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote: Tap into the door wiring on the dash side, or inside the loom over the bottom threshold of the door that supplies power to unlock the rear doors. As soon as you unlock with fob or physically open the door, the dome light turns on, thus your new LED footwell lights should do same.

I know this works because I've actually moved my wiring taps to the threshold. My cab is so bright now lol, I wanted the dome lights separated from the footwell. So my dome switch is set to OFF (I turn it on demand or use the individual map lights), my rear cargo switch is set to DOOR, and only the footwells turn on when I unlock.

Amazon sells cheap pry kits, very useful for auto trim work.
Thanks. Good idea. Im gonna try (test) doing this on my acura el beater before trying on my well kept tsx.
Put some resphek on my name!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7972 posts
9092 upvotes
Toronto
enzo85 wrote: How are the monster LED strips?
Monstrously terrific
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7972 posts
9092 upvotes
Toronto
CjB88260 wrote: Is Dollarama only stocking 'Daylight, cool, soft, or warm white' edition? Or the 'vivid colors' edition?
Dude... you're pushing it
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote: Thanks, very easy especially using posi-taps:

Front driver’s (not usually this clean):

Job doesn’t even need to be pretty because it’s all hidden underneath. Mine’s using the provided 3M tape, and zip ties for good measure. Push the dome switch and I can easily find stuff that fell on the floor at night.
Can recommend any link to buy the posi-taps from?

Is it also safe in the wheel wells, if wet boots and stuff touch it? Water and such?
Last edited by aquariaguy on Jun 18th, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Jan 23, 2018
359 posts
137 upvotes
GTA
any stock in the Vaughan/thornhill area?

TIA
Zoomer 4 gb for 36$ 😃
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4772 posts
1561 upvotes
Can someone confirm that it stores the last colour used and sets it automatically to that colour when it's turned on?
Nov 9, 2010
968 posts
1434 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
riseagainstthemachine wrote: someone correct me, but if I want to put this behind my 65" tv, I need about 3-4 boxes right? Do all the strips connect together?
Curious about this too.

Based on the article shared by @AncasterRFD, it looks like you might be able to get away with a single horizontal strip along the back of the TV:
img_551b32227725c.png.pagespeed.ce.8PS8KuTYsQ.png
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: djwalsh3000
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
4196 posts
3204 upvotes
toronto
djwalsh3000 wrote: Curious about this too.

Based on the article shared by @AncasterRFD, it looks like you might be able to get away with a single horizontal strip along the back of the TV:

img_551b32227725c.png.pagespeed.ce.8PS8KuTYsQ.png
ah ok, I thought it needed to be around the whole back of the frame. this makes sense. I might give it a try, we usually watch tv in the dark and this might help a bit with eye strain.
Got that FIDO account!
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10593 posts
15784 upvotes
GT-EH
riseagainstthemachine wrote: ah ok, I thought it needed to be around the whole back of the frame. this makes sense. I might give it a try, we usually watch tv in the dark and this might help a bit with eye strain.
Or you could do it one of these ways... doesn't have to look fancy at the back.

Last edited by GiOBoY on Jun 18th, 2019 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Public Mobile Customer, $34/50GB CAN-US
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Feb 2, 2015
675 posts
1217 upvotes
Calgary, AB
These combined with a power bank or two are going to make some sweet #vanlife camping ambient lighting on the cheap haha!
Mar 15, 2005
869 posts
819 upvotes
ajdeals wrote: These combined with a power bank or two are going to make some sweet #vanlife camping ambient lighting on the cheap haha!
perfect for attracting bugs! :)
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
aquariaguy wrote: Can recommend any link to buy the posi-taps from?

Is it also safe in the wheel wells, if wet boots and stuff touch it? Water and such?
Vampire clamps work too. I usually buy a bunch of posi-taps on eBay. If you want them right away, try Crutchfield, get the small gauge ones.

The lightning and wiring is tucked under the dash and back seats, they won’t get wet (under the vehicle, I haven’t done that mod)
Feb 2, 2015
675 posts
1217 upvotes
Calgary, AB
discoblues wrote: perfect for attracting bugs! :)
I was thinking more about the interior ceiling area of the camper unit
May 30, 2013
609 posts
763 upvotes
Markham
Does anyone see any of these in Markham? THX.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2415 posts
1190 upvotes
Vancouver
I can't wait to see if im putting everywhere in my houseSmiling Face With HaloHugging FaceKissing Face With Closed Eyes

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)