Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dollarama

MONSTER Basics LED Light Strip (USB) $4

• Last Updated:
  • May 8th, 2020 10:07 pm
Dec 18, 2014
371 posts
466 upvotes
GTA
Totoriko wrote: Does it remember the last colour it was on when plugged in?
Yes it remembers previous settings: temperature, brightness, flash/no flash
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7849 posts
8797 upvotes
Found some at Stittsville location. Looks pretty good!
IMG_20190618_222325.jpg
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3781 posts
1770 upvotes
Edmonton
Couldn't find any at either downtown locations on Yonge street.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18701 posts
5730 upvotes
How do u connect 2 togethee?

My tv is 55’
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2019
1025 posts
3364 upvotes
west as
Krrrong wrote: Didn't see any at Burnaby Station Square
Also didn't see them at Kingsway/Elgin or Richmond Bridgeport. They probably won't make it across the prairies.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
Can someone explain how these are powered by your car / tv / kitchen /etc? Like how do you "tap" into the car's power? Do you have to unscrew some panelling? And how would the car be set up to allow you to tap into it like that? How about for tv? You plug into usb? But there's no usb plug with these lights? In the kitchen, you'd have to run a power cable to a power outlet? I'm not understanding how you connect these leds to whatever cable you need tho..
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
314 posts
354 upvotes
Nunavut
AncasterRFD wrote: Lol, not for under car, but I bought 4 connected strips $10 eBay, cut off the switch and posi-tapped my footwell light’s wires. Turns on for 15s when door opens:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3415442338
Get them faster here: https://www.amazon.ca/Interior-Multi-co ... 156&sr=8-7

Great find OP, hope to find and put behind my iMac. Already got them from Costco for our TV’s.
These are cool but they die so fast, under a week for me
Dec 25, 2010
982 posts
359 upvotes
Vancouver
Thinking about using these in a Halloween costume. What would be good option for powering these by battery? Is it just a USB plug, so they can be powered from a USB power bank?
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Hindustunna wrote: These are cool but they die so fast, under a week for me
Bought mine Feb 2018, still fine. Did you hardwire it? Could be the button switch if you didn’t. All the strips or one strip? Actually have 2 sets, sold that car a few months ago, was working too over a year.

You can actually test them after cutting off the switch with just a 9V battery.
Feb 2, 2015
675 posts
1217 upvotes
Calgary, AB
For those in Calgary, none found at Calgary Royal Oak location
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Hindustunna wrote: These are cool but they die so fast, under a week for me
The one I bought in 2018 still working:

Crude installation nobody can see eg; for the backseat footwell, LED strip stuck to the back of the front seat’s rear bracket and twist tied since last year:

Better view of front footwells with map/dome lights on, also LED 6000K:
Nov 9, 2010
968 posts
1434 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Found some at Bridlewood Mall this morning! Picked up two, and there were about 6 left. On top of the DVD section amongst the cell phone and computer accessories.

Good luck!
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: djwalsh3000
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2015
1076 posts
1290 upvotes
NB
Cool. Will check after work.

Since this unit has IR controller, it should work well behind TV.

I have LED strip in a closet, hooked up to a motion sensor and an old power supply from a decommissioned WiFi router. It works very well.
"Stuff should not be multiplied without necessity"
Dec 17, 2015
385 posts
270 upvotes
carbide wrote: Cool. Will check after work.

Since this unit has IR controller, it should work well behind TV.

I have LED strip in a closet, hooked up to a motion sensor and an old power supply from a decommissioned WiFi router. It works very well.
Doesn't work as well as I hoped it would behind the TV, in my case. Might cut into the heat shrink and extend the IR sensor to somewhere more visible.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
six0four wrote: Doesn't work as well as I hoped it would behind the TV, in my case. Might cut into the heat shrink and extend the IR sensor to somewhere more visible.
Correct, should be good as long as the IR sensor has LOS, if that means extending it DIY.

Our TV one is programmed into the Harmony multi-device remote which lists the colors and can adjust brightness. Don’t need/use the supplied remote.
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
314 posts
354 upvotes
Nunavut
AncasterRFD wrote: Bought mine Feb 2018, still fine. Did you hardwire it? Could be the button switch if you didn’t. All the strips or one strip? Actually have 2 sets, sold that car a few months ago, was working too over a year.

You can actually test them after cutting off the switch with just a 9V battery.
I think it blew a fuse from putting into the cigarette lighter all 4 stopped, I didnt bother actually splicing wires since i don't know how to. But it really was wicked the few days I had it
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8474 posts
4467 upvotes
Canuckland
Location People! I hate it when Dollarama posts show up without location
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
3173 posts
2243 upvotes
Winnipeg
DealCanuck wrote: Location People! I hate it when Dollarama posts show up without location
Winnipeg-Southdale has none but its undergoing reno so it's a mess so the secondary e-stuff was off the wall.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
7611 posts
5047 upvotes
Heartland Mississauga location. 5 left in stock. They are in the electronic section near the light bulbs. Bought 2.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)