Hot Deals

[Dollarama] National Geographic Hardcovers - Wild, Beautiful Places (320 pgs) or Dawn to Dark Photographs (400 pgs) -$4 each

[OP]
May 13, 2009
4741 posts
8335 upvotes
Scarborough

[Dollarama] National Geographic Hardcovers - Wild, Beautiful Places (320 pgs) or Dawn to Dark Photographs (400 pgs) -$4 each

Price:
Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
Found these at my local dollarama (Kennedy Commons in Scarborough). As for dollarama deals, ymmv on availability.

Both are big (fills the dollarama trolley) beautiful books with amazing pictures. Shame that these end up in the dollarama; kudos to the photographers and writers. Great books to have for the coffee table.

Here are the amazon/chapters pages for reference:
Wild, Beautiful Places: Picture-Perfect Journeys Around the Globe Hardcover – Oct 25 2016 by National Geographic (Author), George Stone (Foreword) - (320 Pages)
https://www.amazon.ca/Wild-Beautiful-Pl ... 1426217404
https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/bo ... e&ikwidx=0

//
National Geographic photography captures the world's most remote, exotic places in this visually stunning travel book full of scenic wonders to experience. Highlighting 50 of Earth’s most pristine, scenic locales, this beautiful book is illustrated with stunning images, coupled with accessible, engaging descriptions and practical travel information. The book covers everything from otherworldly, secluded valleys to far-flung, soaring mountain ranges. National Geographic photographers share some of their favorite shots from around the world and explain how they got them, and historical photos culled from National Geographic’s hallowed image archive highlight old Society explorations in rugged, distant locations, and give a glimpse into the bygone days of these exotic places.

National Geographic Dawn to Dark Photographs: The Magic of Light Hardcover – Oct 1 2013 - (400 pages)
https://www.amazon.ca/National-Geograph ... 1426211791
https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/bo ... e&ikwidx=0

//
The world's best landscape photography and photojournalism stunningly depicts the passage of a single day, from dawn's first light to the closing moments of sunset. Experience shimmering mornings and opaque nights through the eyes of National Geographic's finest photographers in this gloriously uplifting volume--the latest entry in National Geographic's best-selling annual photography collection. Daybreak whispers mauve over a long ocean horizon. The morning sun twinkles in a drop of dew. The broad heat of midday radiates over a beach strewn with sweat-baked sunbathers. A slender crescent moon caresses a gnarled tree standing alone on the heath. Full of one-of-a-kind photographs, this breathtaking collection gives readers a front-row seat to the world's wonders, from its most imposing cityscapes to its most pristine landscapes.

Krime1k wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 3:15 pm
Got the last of the Wild Beautiful Places but there are still 3 left of the Dawn to Dark books at the Davis Drive Dollarama in Newmarket.

Also came across two other National Geographic books with around 4 copies of each - Pope Framcis and the New Vatican ($4) + a Rio De Janeiro Travel book ($3), which sell for $47 and $30 CDN.
Forum member Krime1k spotted two other National Geographic books at the local dollarama. Thanks for sharing the information!
Eladmk
Moderator / Deal Sniper
RedFlagDeals.com Forum Rules
hot-deals/announcement-a.html
104 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1068 posts
331 upvotes
Thanks! I'll check out my local Dollarama. Great coffee table books and for my kid to flip through.
[OP]
May 13, 2009
4741 posts
8335 upvotes
Scarborough
malbrax wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 9:48 am
Which location was this?
I found these at at Kennedy Commons in Scarborough Ontario. Picked up 1 of each. I saw at least 2 more of each on the top bookshelf.
updated OP.
Eladmk
Moderator / Deal Sniper
RedFlagDeals.com Forum Rules
hot-deals/announcement-a.html
Feb 1, 2012
268 posts
31 upvotes
Montreal
If one kind soul find this in the greater montreal area, please let us know
Person With Folded Hands
Jul 11, 2007
334 posts
36 upvotes
GTA
thanks, my daughter would love these book dearly!! ...uch beautiful content being sold at discount price. will search these nearby stores!
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2007
1116 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
I bought the first one and it's a nice travel book. I didn't pick up the second one because it is more for photographers. It has beautiful photos but lacks useful info like the first one has.
Nov 4, 2016
681 posts
385 upvotes
No luck at Marine Drive Vancouver.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Oct 17, 2007
403 posts
46 upvotes
Mississauga
Anyone have any luck at Mississauga stores?
Mar 7, 2006
342 posts
101 upvotes
Oak ridges (Richmond hill) has the dawn to dusk version. Saw it a few days ago, 3-4 copies
Sep 4, 2003
227 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
Lebovic location (near warden and eglinton) have 3 copies of Dawn to Dark an hour ago.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2008
1056 posts
577 upvotes
Hamilton
There are actually a few more titles in this series that I've seen at Dollarama as well.

Excellent books, that you could see paying $30-$40 at a bookstore.
Aug 8, 2012
82 posts
92 upvotes
Vancouver
Why is that whenever a good Dollarama find comes up in the forum, it's never the Vancouver one?

Books, guides, collectibles, video games etc... Every time I go in and ask for these goodies they look at me like I am crazy.

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 3 guests)

Desibabu, salikc9, fsteiner