Shopping Discussion

Dollarama now accepts coupon use .....

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 27th, 2011 4:42 pm
Tags:
None
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 26, 2010
721 posts
855 upvotes

Dollarama now accepts coupon use .....

Just heard from a few couponing friends that (some) dollarama stores are accepting coupons!

According to my friend who asked the cashier, the coupon has to be
- valid
- not expired
- original, no print-out or internet/on smart phone
- preferably to have the product printed/listed on the page

I haven't got the time to try using on at my local dollarama yet, but I'll give it a try next time I go there :D

Anyone else as excited as I am ?
60 replies
Deal Guru
User avatar
Aug 6, 2001
11352 posts
758 upvotes
Mississauga
I honestly doubt this wn but it could be feasible.
Sr. Member
May 30, 2009
502 posts
31 upvotes
wow you are that cheap to succumb to that level.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 4, 2004
6912 posts
340 upvotes
I'm pretty sure the OP is correct. I was in dollarama recently and could've sworn that I had seen a lady use a coupon on an arm and hammer product. After reading this post I'm pretty sure it happened.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 8, 2002
9936 posts
1826 upvotes
Oakville
ally12 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2011 1:11 am
wow you are that cheap to succumb to that level.
:facepalm:
_______________

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 11, 2005
18500 posts
929 upvotes
If this is true and done nationwide it could spark some insanely hot deals.

Then again, they will be few & far between because most stuff at Dollarama is not name brand.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Sr. Member
May 30, 2009
502 posts
31 upvotes
Hugh Jass wrote:
Sep 8th, 2011 4:57 am
:facepalm:
why what's your problem? everything at the dollar store is no less then 3$, and plus its not a store to buy everyday products such as arm and hammer soap. So there is no need for coupons, plus im a cashier when i see some people use them i just think your very cheap person, ecspecially when the person is dressed nicely and looks they can afford it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 23, 2007
1291 posts
1119 upvotes
You're on the wrong website then, this place is all about deals.
Why pay more for the same product when you can get it for cheap!

ally12 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2011 9:50 am
why what's your problem? everything at the dollar store is no less then 3$, and plus its not a store to buy everyday products such as arm and hammer soap. So there is no need for coupons, plus im a cashier when i see some people use them i just think your very cheap person, ecspecially when the person is dressed nicely and looks they can afford it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 4, 2006
2493 posts
83 upvotes
ally12 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2011 9:50 am
why what's your problem? everything at the dollar store is no less then 3$, and plus its not a store to buy everyday products such as arm and hammer soap. So there is no need for coupons, plus im a cashier when i see some people use them i just think your very cheap person, ecspecially when the person is dressed nicely and looks they can afford it.

and that's why you're a cashier and they're dressed nice. because they exercise the option to save as much money as possible wherever possible.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 3, 2006
3298 posts
141 upvotes
ally12 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2011 9:50 am
why what's your problem? everything at the dollar store is no less then 3$, and plus its not a store to buy everyday products such as arm and hammer soap. So there is no need for coupons, plus im a cashier when i see some people use them i just think your very cheap person, ecspecially when the person is dressed nicely and looks they can afford it.

And when I see a cashier hum or haw when I pull a coupon out, I speak to the supervisor/manager about it.

No need for coupons? If a manufacturer wants to send me coupons to entice me to purchase their product, I'm certain to oblige them despite what the cashier thinks. Just do your job quickly, efficiently and without input.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 26, 2007
1221 posts
127 upvotes
Mississauga
jcon wrote:
Sep 8th, 2011 12:42 pm
Just do your job quickly, efficiently and without input.
I was going to tell her to STFU but this works too ;)

People with money don't keep it by spending it!

Cashiers like 'ally' annoy the crap out of me, what do they care if I'm using coupons or not? Sometimes they act like I'm taking money out of THEIR pocket when really it shouldn't make one bit of difference.
:arrow: I'LL BUY WAGJAG COUPON CODES! $5, $10 & $20 (from liking on FB or icoke - Paying 30% of coupon value by Paypal) - PM ME! :!:

My Ebay items for sale: HERE! :)
Sr. Member
May 30, 2009
502 posts
31 upvotes
Coupons should on be distributed to low income in a weekly manner only, cause those people are the ones who deserve the most. I dont think it's fair if people can afford the product they shouldnt be entitled to coupons.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 3, 2006
3298 posts
141 upvotes
ally12 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2011 4:47 pm
Coupons should on be distributed to low income in a weekly manner only, cause those people are the ones who deserve the most. I dont think it's fair if people can afford the product they shouldnt be entitled to coupons.

Coupons are not welfare. Coupons are distributed by the manufacturer to lure new customers and keep existing customers. It's a like a sale. It's advertising.

It doesn't come out of your paycheque and beyond keying them in, it doesn't affect you. Just do your job, key in the coupons and keep social engineering and your warped sense marketing out of this.

EDIT: And truth be told, the reason you don't like coupons has nothing to do with who uses them, needs them, or whatnot, it comes down to the fact that it is more work for you. ;)
Sr. Member
May 30, 2009
502 posts
31 upvotes
the thing i dont get about coupons about dollarama what are you saving, people dont realize the coupon is useless because its comes back when taxes are applied. No i will not keep my nose outta of this thread, because I have an opinion like everyone else. what are u going to save a whopping 50 cents on a pair of ziplog bags but later on the 50 cents will be back on the bill applied as tax, so you are saving nothing really.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 11, 2005
18500 posts
929 upvotes
ally12 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2011 5:51 pm
the thing i dont get about coupons about dollarama what are you saving, people dont realize the coupon is useless because its comes back when taxes are applied.
Can you say that again??? :confused: :confused: :confused:
what are u going to save a whopping 50 cents on a pair of ziplog bags but later on the 50 cents will be back on the bill applied as tax, so you are saving nothing really.
This makes no sense whatsoever.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
× < >

Top