23 upvotes
Montr

[Dollarama] PHILIPS Soft Pals Nightlight - $4

Price:
$4
Retailer:
Dollarama
More offers from Dollarama
Found this "PHILIPS 260604 Disney Soft Pals Mike Nightlight" at Dollarama which I found to be quite at steal for $4:

Exact same product on Amazon sells for $34:
https://www.amazon.ca/PHILIPS-260604-Di ... B00KOB81OW

Saw it at Candiac as well as in Saint-Lambert on the south shore of Montreal
10 replies
Nov 18, 2012
580 posts
199 upvotes
Longueuil
thx going to go check tomorrow
Mar 22, 2011
495 posts
68 upvotes
This is an awesome price. I got a similar one made by Philips from Dollarama ( looks like a white version of the Kirby character from Nintendo) but it stopped working recently after using it for 6 months for my kids. It would charge all day but you turn it on, it would immediately turn off.
I wanted to buy another one but didn't see any at Dollarama anymore.
I'll try looking in my area to see if its available again.
Images
Jun 7, 2013
88 posts
34 upvotes
Mascouche
Hello,

Got one at Dollarama in Mascouche , QC, the one next to Rona on thursday evening. I was actually suprised that for once they had a good amount of interesting items (these and also the lego dimension Emmet kit and a large variety of Star Wars die cast spaceships...). They had a few left.
Feb 11, 2010
47 posts
13 upvotes
GTA
I picked up one from Scarborough Town Center Dollarama today. They have few Mike left in the light bulb section. It's not super bright but pretty cool the whole figure glows. Kids love it.
Jul 21, 2016
52 posts
60 upvotes
Leask
jandb wrote:
May 6th, 2017 7:59 pm
This is an awesome price. I got a similar one made by Philips from Dollarama ( looks like a white version of the Kirby character from Nintendo) but it stopped working recently after using it for 6 months for my kids. It would charge all day but you turn it on, it would immediately turn off.
Mine, a green dinosaur version, had the same issue, it was related to a spring inside the device that got tangled on the trigger pin (sound odd to say)
imagine a little metal pin inside a spring. When the spring touch the metal pin, the device get a "hey, it's time to light up!" signal. The spring was tangled around the pin so it was no longer lighting properly- it was automatically turning off.
Easy fix!
And if you can't fix, contact philips! They will probably tell you to recycle it and send you a new one for free. They have a really good 2 years warranty on their products.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2004
1526 posts
15 upvotes
jandb wrote:
May 6th, 2017 7:59 pm
PatrickB012050 wrote:
May 6th, 2017 8:54 pm
Mine, a green dinosaur version, had the same issue, it was related to a spring inside the device that got tangled on the trigger pin (sound odd to say)
imagine a little metal pin inside a spring. When the spring touch the metal pin, the device get a "hey, it's time to light up!" signal. The spring was tangled around the pin so it was no longer lighting properly- it was automatically turning off.
Easy fix!
And if you can't fix, contact philips! They will probably tell you to recycle it and send you a new one for free. They have a really good 2 years warranty on their products.
I bought the green dino one too and it stopped working after the 2nd day we had it. It wouldn't turn on at all and it sounded like something broke off on the inside as there was rattling when we slightly shook it. I contacted Philips and they just reimbursed me for it since those lights were discontinued. After seeing all the poor reviews on these soft lights I didn't bother replacing it once I saw these other soft pal lights show up at Dollarama a few months back. Although it's still rather tempting!
Mar 22, 2011
495 posts
68 upvotes
PatrickB012050 wrote:
May 6th, 2017 8:54 pm
Easy fix!
How were you able to open the light up? It looks like it's sealed?
Jul 21, 2016
52 posts
60 upvotes
Leask
jandb wrote:
May 7th, 2017 7:58 pm
How were you able to open the light up? It looks like it's sealed?
It indeed is, but you have a plastic part at the bottom, just squeeze the entire thing while praying out the plastic part with an xacto knive. It's actually easy.
Sep 3, 2002
649 posts
178 upvotes
GTA
Same story. Bought one ages ago from Dollarama, it lasted a week. Assumed it was just batteries and while not user serviceable, if I opened it up, it would have Nihm AA's inside I could replace with new ones. But after surgery, it did not use standard batteries and into the garbage it went. I have a second one that lasted a bit longer. After a couple of months, it's done too. If I press the button on the cradle and let it charge for about 5 minutes, and I'm lightning fast, I can flip it on and put it back on the cradle before it turns off and then it will stay on all night. Come morning, a night of charging still won't let it stay on. Save your money, this is not an improvement over a conventional night light.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel