None
[OP]
Dec 5, 2010
766 posts
149 upvotes
Montreal,QC

[Dollarama] Dollarama - Pyrex Digital Food Thermometer 3$

More offers from Dollarama
Bought last one at my local Dollarama in montreal (saint laurent)

Dont have much review online, but only 2 reviews in the link below (4 stars out of 5))
Exactly like this showing at 20$.

http://www.wayfair.com/Pyrex-Digital-Th ... X1277.html

In the food section as well for 2$ a traditional ice cream scoop with the mechanism (for small ice cream balls though)
http://www.123rf.com/photo_9969028_a-tr ... scoop.html
10 replies
[OP]
Dec 5, 2010
766 posts
149 upvotes
Montreal,QC
lotfi.bm wrote:
May 27th, 2013 9:17 pm
What aisle for the thermometer?
Kitchen accessories and gadgets
Was hanged next to the forks and knives
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1373 upvotes
Kanata
Would this be suitable for use as a BBQ meat thermometer? I am on my third one right now and one of them seem to work reliably. Ruined a perfectly good pork tenderloin last weekend since the damn thing wouldn't rise above 140 degrees. Kill the kids with undercooked pork or play it safe and end up with a bone dry slab of meat.....decisions, decisions.
Oct 7, 2004
967 posts
74 upvotes
Captain Snazzypants wrote:
May 28th, 2013 10:44 am
Would this be suitable for use as a BBQ meat thermometer? I am on my third one right now and one of them seem to work reliably. Ruined a perfectly good pork tenderloin last weekend since the damn thing wouldn't rise above 140 degrees. Kill the kids with undercooked pork or play it safe and end up with a bone dry slab of meat.....decisions, decisions.
If you're looking for a solid thermometer, I'd look at the Thermoworks ones, which are highly rated.
Deal Guru
Oct 9, 2007
10000 posts
1373 upvotes
Kanata
expergo wrote:
May 28th, 2013 10:50 am
If you're looking for a solid thermometer, I'd look at the Thermoworks ones, which are highly rated.
Thanks - who sells these? The usual over-priced BBQ stores, presumably, but anywhere else?
willy wrote:
May 28th, 2013 10:58 am
I know it costs a bit more than this kind ... I prefer those with wire/cable so that the display part can stay outside of the oven. This way, I don't need to open up the oven all the time.
Amen. I have a Big Green Egg and the last thing I want to do is keep opening it up to check on things...
Oct 7, 2004
967 posts
74 upvotes
May 28th, 2013 11:33 am
Thanks - who sells these? The usual over-priced BBQ stores, presumably, but anywhere else?
I know they sell them at this boutique kitchen store on Yonge. But I just ordered a few from their website. Its $14 flat rate shipping + duties + taxes to Canada up to I think $200.

I ordered the RT600C. Same one goes for $40 or so on amazon.ca and $19 direct from manufacturer.
Jul 30, 2006
140 posts
37 upvotes
Ottawa
May 28th, 2013 11:33 am

Amen. I have a Big Green Egg and the last thing I want to do is keep opening it up to check on things...
What about this one from IKEA. Five bucks.

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/80100406/

I've also picked one up at Loblaws. Can't remember, but cheap enough to be worth it.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
1278 posts
238 upvotes
North York
P_shopper wrote:
May 28th, 2013 8:08 pm
What about this one from IKEA. Five bucks.

curious what people think of this one. thanks.
Jan 17, 2010
88 posts
14 upvotes
quazy wrote:
May 29th, 2013 12:45 am
curious what people think of this one. thanks.
I bought this before the snow melted and for $5 it works great. I haven't tried leaving thermometer sensor inside the roast pork/beef with the display outside the oven... Haven't even thought about that, it's on my to do list when the temperature gets cooler in five or so months.
× < >