[Dollarama] Dollarama: Schick Xtreme3 Subzero razor + 2 carts $2

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2011 11:34 pm
May 4, 2006
301 posts
8 upvotes

[Dollarama] Dollarama: Schick Xtreme3 Subzero razor + 2 carts $2

More offers from Dollarama
Just doing the usual visit to Dollarama and I noticed the Schick Xtreme3 Subzero razor + 2 carts + razor hanger for $2 :-0 .

Saw about 10 but grabbed only one to try from the Ogilvie Dollarama by the Appletree clinic.

Much better value than buying 2 disposibles razors IMO.

---
Chex'd:.
16 replies
Nov 3, 2003
205 posts
18 upvotes
Psenical wrote:
Mar 14th, 2011 11:21 pm
Just doing the usual visit to Dollarama and I noticed the Schick Xtreme3 Subzero razor + 2 carts + razor hanger for $2 :-0 .

Saw about 10 but grabbed only one to try from the Ogilvie Dollarama by the Appletree clinic.

Much better value than buying 2 disposibles razors IMO.

thanks op. going to check out my local dollarama for these
Jan 18, 2011
286 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
that's a good price!

I'm always on the lookout for a good price per unit on razors... and they have to be of decent quality...

just dropped $29 for 14 mach3 disposables at costco ;)
[OP]
May 4, 2006
301 posts
8 upvotes
transisto wrote:
Mar 14th, 2011 11:48 pm
Save the environment (and your wallet) by sharpening your disposable razor.

Tip : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3Kxiom8 ... BB2232E904

Appears to be a great option and I’ll be sure to try that, but there’s probably only a finite number of times you can you straighten out or “re-sharpen” a blade before you’ll need another one. And as for the good ol’ gel strip on the new blades, there ain’t much that can be done once that’s worn out. There’s only so much saving one can do!
---
Chex'd:.
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2008
2831 posts
371 upvotes
Do not buy these, I picked up 2 packs and found out the hard way that these are rigid blades. No flex at all = horroible shave.

garbage for $1 a blade. I would actually write schick back for the $4 just to let them know that they cannot even unload these in a dollar store!

-blades are also not sharp, not dull but low grade...
Oct 14, 2005
472 posts
36 upvotes
iEye wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2011 4:47 am
Do not buy these, I picked up 2 packs and found out the hard way that these are rigit blades. No flex at all= horroivle shave.

garbage for $1 a blade. I would actually write schick back for the $4 back just to let them know that they cannot even unload these un a dollar store!

blades are also not sharp, not dull but low grade...

I've been using these for 5 years now and love it. I like them better than mach 3 or any other machs. I'll be picking these up for sure.
Go Canucks Go!
www.webinfinite.com
The most I want to spend is the least I can.
Jun 28, 2004
235 posts
5 upvotes
North Bay
+1. Rarely do I nick myself while shaving. Tried this razor this morning and cut myself 4 times.

iEye wrote:
Do not buy these, I picked up 2 packs and found out the hard way that these are rigit blades. No flex at all= horroivle shave.

garbage for $1 a blade. I would actually write schick back for the $4 back just to let them know that they cannot even unload these un a dollar store!

blades are also not sharp, not dull but low grade...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2005
5670 posts
162 upvotes
GTA
Sorry folkes, but I can't tell if this is for ladies or men?? I always thought Schick manufactured shavers for ladies. Correct me if I'm wrong. Sorry never looked at another razor since using the Mach 3's.

sk
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
5771 posts
664 upvotes
^Does the razor look pink / purple or any girly color to you ??
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2008
2831 posts
371 upvotes
hdom wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2011 12:51 pm
^Does the razor look pink / purple or any girly color to you ??

Actually the best handle made EVER was the Ladies Venus Vibrance... (battery)

It can be used with men's Mach 3 blades... and instead of some stupid hard material that is painted to look like some cheapo tuned honda civic with neon decals, this was made out of tackle bait rubber...

Great design, made to be held when wet.

This is poor design... I hate it, I drop it all the time.

Did they take the design from this?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2003
9959 posts
1112 upvotes
iEye wrote:
Do not buy these, I picked up 2 packs and found out the hard way that these are rigid blades. No flex at all = horroible shave.

garbage for $1 a blade. I would actually write schick back for the $4 just to let them know that they cannot even unload these in a dollar store!

-blades are also not sharp, not dull but low grade...

Did we use the same razor? I have used pretty much every razor and blade on the market and this is one of the better ones. I'm using this right now, and one blade has lasted a month, shaving every second day. I dunno what you're talking about re: no flex - the blade visibly and easily curves to your skin.

I find the closest smoothest shaves still come from old school double edge razors and blades. This Schick is one of the better cartridge razors though.

I guess YMMV but I think this is an excellent razor and a super deal. This is at Dollarama as this model dates back about 7 years and Schick is probably halting production on this soon, if they haven't already, since the inferior 4 and 5 blade replacements are out.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2003
9959 posts
1112 upvotes
sunnybono wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2011 10:58 am
Sorry folkes, but I can't tell if this is for ladies or men?? I always thought Schick manufactured shavers for ladies. Correct me if I'm wrong. Sorry never looked at another razor since using the Mach 3's.

sk

This is for men, although in reality there is not much difference between men's and women's razor blades.

I consider this superior to the Mach3 as it gives me a better shave and the blades last much longer.
× < >