Expired Hot Deals

[Dollarama] (YMMV) LYSOL Toilet Plunger

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 10th, 2019 11:20 am
Jun 15, 2018
797 posts
315 upvotes
yvrwindsor wrote: OP said nothing about quality only the price was attractive.

Found this item in Canadian Tire. link Any reader would assume it's a toilet plunger
Any reader under 25 maybe. But anyone over 25 should know thats not a toilet plunger.
Nov 4, 2008
372 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto
yvrwindsor wrote: How do you folks clean up these plungersafter use? From what I can tell it is fairly difficult to see the inside.

I have the common design with the pullout. It is fairly easy to clean I have used it in the old toilets, laundry tub and shower stall.

If my current one does not work with newer toilets, I will have to consider either one of this.
I just give it a good soak right away to flush stuff out and so that stuff doesn't dry up inside.

As for "newer" toilets, I have a Kohler and the hole is like a keyhole shape. A traditional plunger wouldn't cover that.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2007
1984 posts
1307 upvotes
Waterloo
yvrwindsor wrote: How do you folks clean up these plungersafter use? From what I can tell it is fairly difficult to see the inside.

I have the common design with the pullout. It is fairly easy to clean I have used it in the old toilets, laundry tub and shower stall.

If my current one does not work with newer toilets, I will have to consider either one of this.
Spray inside/outside with misting cleaner, let it sit for a few mins. Then rinse inside/outside with handheld bidet on low setting (all done while in toilet).
Penalty Box
Jan 27, 2014
4793 posts
1896 upvotes
Plunger is not required. Just pour some hot water, vinegar and some dish soap. Let it sit for a while and flush.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2659 posts
622 upvotes
Vancouver
ar2020 wrote: Plunger is not required. Just pour some hot water, vinegar and some dish soap. Let it sit for a while and flush.
When the shower hose is close to the toilet, I will run hot water on it. Sometimes after 5 minutes, I will hear the big gulp and it's done, clear.

At which level do you put vinegar and how much. Level being bowl at 1/4 full, 1/2 full or even at full close to the rim.
Vinegar tries to disintegrate the stuff, while dish soap to lubricate the trapway?