• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2019 12:21 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
1581 posts
1039 upvotes

Domino's Home Delivery Charge(s)

A Domino's delivery guy mistakenly left a receipt in my mailbox.
Looked through the details.
Wow!!, Domino's Pizza charges $3 (plus taxes) for home delivery.

Remember years ago, It used to be free home deiivery esp those promo within 30 mins delivery or the pizza order is free.
I was happy camper those days.
LIVE LONG and suffer ...

:arrow: PEACE :arrowl:

My Missus said " I don't tell you how to spend your $$, Don't tell me how to spend your $$."
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
5653 posts
745 upvotes
Scarborough
I think they all, if not most charge for delivery these days.
Its worth it to pay specially when its bitter cold winter and not feel like going out to puckup

Or we try to make at home when possible
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11344 posts
6162 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
3.49 here

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
5077 posts
3447 upvotes
Vancouver
imoo2u wrote:
Aug 27th, 2019 4:18 pm
A Domino's delivery guy mistakenly left a receipt in my mailbox.
Looked through the details.
Wow!!, Domino's Pizza charges $3 (plus taxes) for home delivery.

Remember years ago, It used to be free home deiivery esp those promo within 30 mins delivery or the pizza order is free.
I was happy camper those days.
Pizza prices have also come WAY down since then, so you are paying far less now than you were back then. I know this for a fact because I remember getting Domino's back in the mid 90's, around 1994. The local Domino's had a special on Monday's for a large pepperoni pizza for $10.99 and it was a BIG deal, everyone in town bought it. The regular price for their large specialty pizzas was $17.99. They didn't have as many coupons then as now.

Today, Domino's often has Large 2 topping pizzas for $7.99 on sale, and you can regularly find them for $10.99 (same price as back then). Pizza is one thing that has not followed inflation at all. It becomes cheaper every year.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4202 posts
287 upvotes
adamtheman wrote:
Aug 27th, 2019 9:17 pm
Pizza prices have also come WAY down since then, so you are paying far less now than you were back then. I know this for a fact because I remember getting Domino's back in the mid 90's, around 1994. The local Domino's had a special on Monday's for a large pepperoni pizza for $10.99 and it was a BIG deal, everyone in town bought it. The regular price for their large specialty pizzas was $17.99. They didn't have as many coupons then as now.

Today, Domino's often has Large 2 topping pizzas for $7.99 on sale, and you can regularly find them for $10.99 (same price as back then). Pizza is one thing that has not followed inflation at all. It becomes cheaper every year.
But pizza sizes have gotten smaller...
today's large is yesterday's medium.
I'm looking for a NZ Silver Fern Kiwi coin! :)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
5077 posts
3447 upvotes
Vancouver
IceBlueShoes wrote:
Aug 28th, 2019 12:13 am
But pizza sizes have gotten smaller...
today's large is yesterday's medium.
Domino's has always been 10/12/14 inch. I don't recall it being smaller. Now, less toppings, I could see that. I remember there being more cheese back then.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
23967 posts
9502 upvotes
McLaren__F1 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2019 8:16 pm
Such old news...
This.
Dominos has had a delivery charge for at least 20 years.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
1633 posts
1123 upvotes
Guelph, ON
So long as the delivery charge goes mostly to the drivers to cover their expenses I don't see an issue with the charge.
I like credit unions.
Member with DUCA Credit Union. Accounts with Tangerine, BMO, and EQ Bank.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
16901 posts
4585 upvotes
Toronto
If you are paying regular price for pizzas, you shouldn't be on RFD.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
3935 posts
1890 upvotes
Vancouver
$5 for delivery in Vancouver... ugh!

Ron.
Dec 26, 2010
40 posts
42 upvotes
Ottawa
The place I go has a 'walk-in' special, its like a discount if you don't deliver. However their order taking sucks, she won't let me call ahead for a pick-up. Like what is the **** difference, if I walk over there make the order and wait. Or I phone ahead and walk over there. The outcome is the same, I pick up the pizza and walk home.
Dec 18, 2017
518 posts
217 upvotes
London, On
I have to admit I'm perplexed at the "wow" comment in the OP about a $3 delivery fee for pizza. I don't get the shock at there being a delivery fee, considering what Skip The Dishes and similar apps charge for food delivery.
Dec 20, 2005
545 posts
63 upvotes
So should you still tip the driver if there is a delivery charge or does that cover it?
Jun 18, 2018
576 posts
280 upvotes
Toronto
Who pays full price for Dominos? Always buy on 50% off or BOGO. $3.5 is rich for delivery, especially if you tip on top its like $5.