Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Domino's Pizza

50% Off All Pizzas, Carry Out Only

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2018 11:51 pm
Apr 16, 2011
379 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
my closest dominos does not allow a speciality pizza to be chosen for the couupon. Only build your own pizza. Pretty sure this place charges $1.50 or $2 to upgrade to pan pizza.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32144 posts
15423 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Just got a Pan pizza, very interesting. 3 slices and i'm full. I can feel the weight gain coming.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Jan 1, 2010
542 posts
576 upvotes
I'd actually prefer a large pan pizza. It sucks that they only offer the medium size. Any thoughts on why it can't be done?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18701 posts
5730 upvotes
so Pacific Veggie thin crust is good? I wanna order XL but only L available for thin crust
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries
fattyburger11 wrote: I like the pan style as well. The problem is they only have it in 12" size, which is too small. So that means I need at least 2 of them and the cost is then much higher than just the 1 XL that is normally just right for me.
Brian79 wrote:
I agree with the size issue. Why can't they have large like the other crusts?
ninja_warrior wrote: I'd actually prefer a large pan pizza. It sucks that they only offer the medium size. Any thoughts on why it can't be done?
Interesting question. I tried to do some research. Apparently, Domino's locations typically have different ovens with conveyors moving pizzas through them at different speeds. Small and medium goes in the fast one. Large/XL goes in the slow one. The medium pan pizza takes longer to cook and must go on the slow one - an even larger pan pizza would need an oven with an extra slow conveyor which they aren't equipped with.

Here's a quote on Reddit from someone's who's worked at Dominoes:
It's actually based on the ovens. Since they are conveyor, they are timed. Most restaurants contain 2 conveyors on the same oven, one that moves faster to cook small and medium pizza's as well as the sandwiches and other small items, and one that is slower to cook larger pizza's longer. The pan pizza already requires them to use the longer cooking conveyor, therefore anything larger would require a longer amount of time to bake. Efficiency is key, get that pizza to your door faster!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Dominos/commen ... an_pizzas/
Mar 11, 2016
365 posts
327 upvotes
Toronto
kiasu wrote: so Pacific Veggie thin crust is good? I wanna order XL but only L available for thin crust
I just tried one for the first time. It's not bad on thin crust, and I'm not a veggie guy. Only thing I didn't was way too much garlic herb seasoning sprinkled on the pizza.
RFD4LF. 😎
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7069 posts
3379 upvotes
DiceMan wrote: It's probably been mentioned in this thread already but if not, I'd like to add that when building your own pizza, you can have 3 toppings on one half and 3 different toppings on the other half and it still counts as a total of 3 toppings for the whole pizza.
you're trying hard to make the guy preparing your pizza go insane in the hopes that he'll just give up throw his arms into the air and dump loads of toppings everywhere? That's an interesting tactic.
Feb 23, 2017
308 posts
255 upvotes
Pan pizza is best pizza. Also chicken with Alfredo sauce is best combo imo. I usually do chicken steak and bacon.

Unfortunately my store charges a $3 premium for pan. $1 must be nice. Turns the 6.99 2 topping medium into 9.99
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
6456 posts
925 upvotes
BooR4dL3y wrote: Yes. They charge $1 extra for going to the pan style crust, unlike some of the other shops who charge $1.50
Did I get lucky or did they forget to upcharge the $1 for pan or is it included in the online price? I didn't charge the $1 at pickup.

The following order is being prepared at your store for Carryout:

Quantity Description Amount
1 12" Handmade Pan Pacific Veggie Pizza
Whole Pizza Sauce, Cheese, Onions, Mushrooms, Black Olives, Tomatoes, Feta*, Roasted Red Peppers, Baby Spinach
Special: Well Done $10.87
Coupon: 50% off any CARRYOUT Pizza at Menu Price! (Online Only and Carryout Only)

Food & Bev Total: $10.87
Tax: $0.54
Bottle Amount: $0.00
Total: $11.41

The 12" pan is definitely on the small side. Ordered one for 3 people. It was quite good though. I always get meat pizza.
Images
  • 20180922_180331.jpg
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
2483 posts
284 upvotes
why is dominos so annoying? where is the pizza menu and price list for this place?
Feb 23, 2017
308 posts
255 upvotes
reggyDeal wrote: why is dominos so annoying? where is the pizza menu and price list for this place?
What does that even mean ? Annoying how , menu and price list is on the website ?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2626 posts
2586 upvotes
Vancouver
reggyDeal wrote: why is dominos so annoying? where is the pizza menu and price list for this place?
What? Have you never ordered pizza from any website before lol
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
2022 posts
660 upvotes
Vancouver
The price for pan crust is $1 more you don't see it as an extra charge for $1 on the invoice -- it's just a dollar more for pan crust over the other crust styles -- $1 more is $0.50 since you are using the %50 coupon. Your order is correct.

Now if you're over on the west side of Vancouver (Dunbar location), the same pizza would be $8.75 (before taxes) instead of $10.87 --- now how's that to blow your mind!?! I think there's another location downtown that has the same low pricing. I was working out near UBC and picked one up this week -- still think the Dunbar location has slightly less toppings than the Kingsway/Knight street location.
jtcb wrote: Did I get lucky or did they forget to upcharge the $1 for pan or is it included in the online price? I didn't charge the $1 at pickup.

The following order is being prepared at your store for Carryout:

Quantity Description Amount
1 12" Handmade Pan Pacific Veggie Pizza
Whole Pizza Sauce, Cheese, Onions, Mushrooms, Black Olives, Tomatoes, Feta*, Roasted Red Peppers, Baby Spinach
Special: Well Done $10.87
Coupon: 50% off any CARRYOUT Pizza at Menu Price! (Online Only and Carryout Only)

Food & Bev Total: $10.87
Tax: $0.54
Bottle Amount: $0.00
Total: $11.41

The 12" pan is definitely on the small side. Ordered one for 3 people. It was quite good though. I always get meat pizza.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2003
5068 posts
5010 upvotes
Toronto
4flava wrote: Doesn't look like they're letting people choose a specialty pizza and customizing it anymore. At least not working for me.
Works for me. I just picked up an Extravaganza. I clicked Extravaganza and it immediately asked, "do you want to customize your speciality pizza" and I removed olives and added another topping.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1435 posts
2259 upvotes
jm1 wrote: Works for me. I just picked up an Extravaganza. I clicked Extravaganza and it immediately asked, "do you want to customize your speciality pizza" and I removed olives and added another topping.
doesn't work for me either when i select my local store :(

Checkout lists the extraganzza at normal price, and says i haven't fulfilled the 50% coupon.
Dec 4, 2009
24 posts
25 upvotes
M1E5H1
I tried a pizza with about 6 or 7 ingredients, and as expected, there was very little of each ingredient.
Aug 4, 2012
209 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
Actually my pizza got overloaded with toppings. Extravaganza but made it look like Hawaiian. Tried triple pineapple. So much pineapple, I maybe regret it. I needed a spoon haha.
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2359 upvotes
fattyburger11 wrote: Never getting extra cheese again. Got a premium pizza and paid extra for 'extra cheese' and it didn't feel like there was really that much more compared to normal. Disappointed. Not upgrading ever again.
I got two and the one without extra cheese had a good amount, but the one with extra cheese got even less than regular cheese. They charged me $0.85 or whatever more for what looked like half cheese.
Jan 1, 2010
542 posts
576 upvotes
fattyburger11 wrote: Never getting extra cheese again. Got a premium pizza and paid extra for 'extra cheese' and it didn't feel like there was really that much more compared to normal. Disappointed. Not upgrading ever again.

In other news, even as this deal is 'over' one of the boxes came with a Monday and Tuesday 50% off coupon code "50OFF". So deal still on past the 23rd.
Domino's is a hit or a miss with online orders for the extra cheese. Stick with the regular cheese and you should be okay without paying the extra charge.