Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Domino's Pizza

Dominos Pizza 50% off any pizza at regular menu price

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2018 4:05 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7971 posts
9092 upvotes
Toronto
ElHoardo wrote: Damn, it’s too bad it’s not BOGO.

A few years ago Domino's ran a BOGO deal that also applied to walk in orders but it wasn't being advertised in the stores. I was able to pick up a free pizza almost every single day of the week for an entire month. I’d arrive at the restaurant and walk up to the cashier to lay the seeds/set the stage for the great pizza getaway. I’d always ask, “Hey, are you guys still doing the BOGO pizza deal?”, even though I already knew that the deal was ongoing. The cashier would typically reply “Yep, buy one and get the second pizza of equal or lesser value for free”. I’d say, “Great, I’m just waiting until my friend gets here until we order”.

I take a seat off to the side and wait for my mark to come prancing through the door doing the little pizza dance that everyone does when they’re about to stuff gooey cheese down their neck. I’d always wait for a single male to enter, at this point I quickly study his body language to determine if he was a walk in customer or if he had ordered ahead of time. It’s easy to tell when someone has already placed their order because they’re practically doing the Macarena by the time they get to the counter. If the guy isn’t in full on dance mode, but he's whistling or smiling for no apparent reason then I know I’ve got my mark. At this point I get up to intercept him just as he enters the line of sight of the cashier and I say, “wow, it’s cold out there tonight, eh? How’s the traffic?”. It’s pretty much game over at this point, unless of course this guy was already planning on ordering two pizzas. I walk a single stride behind him as he approaches the counter. I maintain the biggest smile on my face, a smile so big that you’d think I was about to eat pizza for just the second time in my life. The only thing I have to do now is maintain that huge smile on my face and keep nodding/bobbing my head for absolutely no reason , standing beside him but just outside of his field of vision. I contort my body and neck in a certain position, using a carefully crafted visual perspective so that it appears to the cashier that I’m practically resting my head on his shoulder. Once he finishes telling her what he wants on his pizza, all I have to say is “Ummmmm, I’m just gonna get a large pepperoni”.

There’s one final step after you relay your order to counter and it’s crucial, if you don’t time it properly you risk putting the whole operation in jeopardy, and believe me there’s nothing worse than getting busted trying to weasel a free pizza out of an honest guy. A few of my neighbours began asking my wife why they’d often me sprinting down the street with a pizza box clutched to my chest with pizza slices flying all over the street, running as if my life depended on it. I’ll admit I found myself in a few situations where my ruse started to unravel just as a scorching hot pizza was about to be put into my arms. If I had put a lot of effort into engineering that free pizza there was no way in hell I was letting my mark take it home only for it to end up getting squished at the bottom of his freezer.

I’ve been crafting a new ploy over the past several months with some of my closest associates. It’s a fairly sophisticated PAT (Pizza Acquisition Technique) and it involves using an additional person at the counter (probably my mom or my 6 year old daughter), but I’m fairly certain that this new technique will allow me to leave the restaurant with both of the pizzas, and on certain occasions I will also be driving his car back to my own house.
TLDR: Being cheap has now reached a new low... congrats!
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7971 posts
9092 upvotes
Toronto
ElHoardo wrote: I just got off the phone with an old friend of mine, Luigi, he used to be the head pizza tosser at Pizzaville's flagship restaurant in Little Italy. A few years ago his picture was all over the news, he was suspected as being the mastermind behind the Roma Railroad Scandal. The true story of the Roma Railroad has never been told to the public, but I was there, outside selling my ill gotten/re-certified pizza's in the parking lot to the families that could never afford to buy one directly from the source.

I eventually became quite familiar with some of the goons who were making tens of dollars every day by smuggling those juicy Roma tomatoes out of Pizzaville into the back alleys where tomato runners would eagerly wait to overfill their yellow No Frills bags with tomatoes. In less than a month Pizzaville went from the #1 rated pizza joint in the city to to filing for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. I recall seeing Pizzaville boxes left strewn all over the city, full pizzas minus a bite from one slice left in apartment building lobbies, stacks of Pizzaville boxes left outside homeless shelters, because people seem to think that homeless people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a sauce made with Roma tomatoes and a sauce made with hot house tomatoes.

A few weeks after Pizzaville filed for bankruptcy protection they started broadcasting an advertising campaign on the radio offering people free sex on rainy days if they would just please come in and eat a slice of pizza. They couldn’t even afford to pay a Canadian voice actor for the commercial so they had to outsource someone from a foreign country. It’s a miracle that they’re still in business today but their sauce has never returned to its former glory. I think they now use a 30% Roma / 50% Hot House / 20% ketchup mixture for their pizza sauce.

Anyway, Luigi ended up losing his job because someone claimed he was behind the whole heist, but I've known Luigi for a long time and he's the kind of guy who goes out of his way to make sure each slice of pizza has an equal amount of pepperoni's on it. I've seen some pizza makers who do that little trick where they grab a handful of olives and pretend to be dropping them onto the pizza as they use sleight of hand tricks under the watchful eyes of the camera while palming 1 out of every 3 olives and sneakily stuffing them into their pockets. I've seen Luigi in the kitchen and he doesn't even wear pants, underwear or a shirt, just an apron and socks. His buttocks is always exposed, and I doubt he'd have any reason to palm the olives, if you know what I mean...

Who do I think was behind the Roma Railroad? It was most likely The Delissio Boys in Canada working with the Digiorno's in the USA.

How did both of those mob controlled companies go from making bland pizzas to pizzas that could trick the average person into thinking it was delivery pretty much overnight? There's only one way, it's with a Roma tomato.
TLDR: Drugs are bad, kids... mmmkay
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5520 upvotes
Toronto
ElenaA265 wrote: What temperature do you go by and for how long? Do you use oil or not, or lightly cover with aluminum foil? I burned my pizza pizza last time on medium. Wasn't paying attention. Luckily I have a non-stick pan. Still ate all the cheese and pepperoni off the slice, haha.
i use a non-stick pan, no oil, cover with a round pizza pan, and set to just under medium. i take the cover off once the top is heated through nicely and the cheese is gooey and continue to heat up the crust, if it needs more time, until it's the level of crisp i like.

the type of range and the how heat conductive your pan is will affect the temp and how long you cook it for. i once used a heavy cast iron pan for this method and turned the crust into charcoal. fortunately i only had one slice on the pan which had to be sacrificed in the name of science...and yes, i still ate the toppings as well.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Nov 17, 2007
191 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
Quick caveat. Ordered my normal extravaganza with my usual toppings switch today. When I went to check out, the price had doubled. Checked back and unmodified pizza was back to my normal price. Called In and nice person put the order through with changes at my regular price. Wonder what has changed.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2417 posts
3847 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
slacker1 wrote: Quick caveat. Ordered my normal extravaganza with my usual toppings switch today. When I went to check out, the price had doubled. Checked back and unmodified pizza was back to my normal price. Called In and nice person put the order through with changes at my regular price. Wonder what has changed.
Customizing toppings results in a $2 to $3 price increase for me, depending on the base pizza. RIP veggie pizza with pepperoni and bacon, you will be missed.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3486 upvotes
Victoria
I'm so pizza'd out. Domino's mailed me a hard copy coupon with the code data50 that said it was only valid for my local store. It turned out you could keep using it. It was good 'til the 25th, but now were pizza'd out. Pizza Hut has 2for1 this week too... lol
Aug 10, 2010
39 posts
36 upvotes
Edmonton
Not sure if any of you are aware but in my town, Edmonton, there is a coupon code for 50% off anytime. Enter coupon code UNI and you get 50% off anytime you want dominos. It's supposed to be for students but there is no way to verify.

-edit- this is only for pizza and bread
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1801 posts
2840 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Sigh...everytime I want to eat healthy, junk food deals come out.

Screw it, eating healthy is expensive.
Jul 15, 2014
409 posts
310 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
slacker1 wrote: Quick caveat. Ordered my normal extravaganza with my usual toppings switch today. When I went to check out, the price had doubled. Checked back and unmodified pizza was back to my normal price. Called In and nice person put the order through with changes at my regular price. Wonder what has changed.
Hmm, wonder why that happened. Maybe it's location specific? Some don't allow topping switches.

I also do the extravaganza topping switch, always ensuring I only add however many I delete. Depending on the location, toppings with a * (usually chicken, cheddar, feta, philly steak etc.) have an additional extra charge. But when I tested with my medium pan extravaganza, the difference was like 25 cents. However, if I added an additional toppings (more than 9 I think) then the price went up by $1-2. Have to play around with the site, changing locations, toppings, etc.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
4193 posts
11678 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
polystyrene-man wrote: Not sure if any of you are aware but in my town, Edmonton, there is a coupon code for 50% off anytime. Enter coupon code UNI and you get 50% off anytime you want dominos. It's supposed to be for students but there is no way to verify.

-edit- this is only for pizza and bread
Thanks @polystyrene-man.

Looks like the UNI code also works for Calgary but only 25% off (UofC Online Student Special).
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
1094 posts
1895 upvotes
GTA
That time again to order the vegetable pizza and switcheroo the toppings so it becomes extra meat.
Feb 2, 2014
529 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
The new RFD effect is me sitting in front of my computer, feeling really full from eating cheap junk food... Still 15 bucks for a large pizza delivered isn't too bad!
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3876 posts
1972 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
tjindersingh wrote: +1 for reheating in a pan, especially in a cast iron skillet. Cover with foil and you get crispy goodness. For next level leftovers, you can crack an egg on leftover pizza and do it in the oven for breakfast.
I've always just heard 10 mins at 400 on foil but skillet sounds so good, especially with a drizzle of olive oil in the bottom, mmmmmmmmm!
Deal Addict
May 13, 2015
1426 posts
1989 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
Had to travel for work... picked up a large 3 topping pizza for $10.37 with tax and brought it back to my AirBnB.

Solid deal.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15618 posts
13276 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
The only one who down-voted must be a Pizza Pizza lover.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
3150 posts
7726 upvotes
Ontario
Cheapo-Findo wrote: The only one who down-voted must be a Pizza Pizza lover.
As a Pizza Pizza lover, I'm still giving this deal a chance. lol
Today Dominos, tomorrow Pizza Hut...
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2015
1759 posts
1871 upvotes
Toronto
Claimed... Thanks!

And god bless that one post in this thread by @ElHoardo, you are hilarious.