Fashion & Beauty

Donating like new to new brand name clothes

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2018 2:34 pm
Jan 28, 2014
15 posts
Toronto

Donating like new to new brand name clothes

Hey fashion and apparel team! I am seeking advice on donating or selling like new to new clothes from the following stores:

Top Man
Zara
Urban Outfitters
H&M
Club Monaco
Banana Republic
Abercrombie and Fitch

Most are in like new condition, can this be sold? Will people
Actually buy it? and where is best place to sell eBay? Kijiji? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
8 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10206 posts
1465 upvotes
Mississauga
Plato's closet, or else they will sit on Kijiji for months
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 39-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
Join a Facebook local selling/swap group, that way people know you are likely near by to see them and you will much more likely get a hit compared to Kijiji.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Expert
Dec 5, 2006
16789 posts
12572 upvotes
Markham
XxXSnake23XxX wrote: Plato's closet, or else they will sit on Kijiji for months
Just curious how much they pay? 10-20 dollars range in general?
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1568 posts
206 upvotes
Markham, ON
Just try selling them, know how low you are willing to go. If you encounter a bargain shopper, you can always refuse to sell and then donate instead.

When I buy from someone, the negotiation for price happens on the internet not when I am meeting up with the person to pick it up. If I refuse to pay when I show up, it would be for a valid reason (ie. your clothing is seriously damaged).

If I was at a garage sale, obviously I negotiate at the driveway or in front of the garage.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5755 posts
7939 upvotes
Ontario
If any of your items might be considered dressy or prom wear, see if your local school board needs items for prom for its students. Career clothing can also be donated to Dress for Success.
Have new cookbooks but am not cooking anything new yet.
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7863 posts
2841 upvotes
Richmond Hill
i wouldn't call what OP listed, as "brand names". Any 2nd hand clothing thats worth any money is clothing you can find at high end places like Holt Renfrew
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
I see tons of people list the same brands on Facebook but/sell groups and see a lot of people are interested. Typically prices are around 30-50% off price.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)