• Aug 19th, 2016 12:53 pm
[OP]
Jul 29, 2007
941 posts
7 upvotes
Earth

done thanks

Please delete thanks
Last edited by PEPSICOLA1 on Aug 19th, 2016 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Share:
43 replies
Penalty Box
Oct 19, 2012
3359 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
Dont refund him. So if there's an earthquake and they cancelled the show you are going to give him the money back too?
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2013
1226 posts
229 upvotes
Mecca
lol, call the cops. Please.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1741 posts
437 upvotes
Toronto
is the venue offering a refund? Shouldn't be your responsibility anymore imo. And the police won't do anything
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
4483 posts
560 upvotes
Ottawa
It's a civil matter, not a police matter (if the tickets were fake, for example, it would be a police matter). However, he could still sue you and probably win (legally speaking, you are responsible for making sure that the thing you sell does what it's supposed to; being a "private sale" does not change that). Since you can probably get a refund, the best thing to do would be to give the guy his money back and get your refund.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
1907 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Aug 18th, 2016 9:35 pm
It's a civil matter, not a police matter (if the tickets were fake, for example, it would be a police matter). However, he could still sue you and probably win (legally speaking, you are responsible for making sure that the thing you sell does what it's supposed to; being a "private sale" does not change that). Since you can probably get a refund, the best thing to do would be to give the guy his money back and get your refund.
He doesn't become the private insurance company of the guy when he sells tickets, tickets did what they were supposed to do same as if you bought them elsewhere.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
767 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Depends. The guy could be a total crazy ass and could cause trouble over a measly concert ticket. If you think he's crazy than do the refund. No point seeing you on front par of newspaper because of a concert ticket.

There's crazy people out there.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2005
1262 posts
513 upvotes
PEPSICOLA1 wrote:
Aug 18th, 2016 8:55 pm
I sold a pair of tickets to somebody on kijiji on Monday for a show that is happing on Friday
I found out Wenesday the show got cancelled and the guy wants his money back
What should I do?
Should I give him his money back or not?
I don't think I should because he is the owner of the tickets now not me.
He is saying now he will call the cops if I don't pay him back.
You sold the guy tickets that became worthless. Morally, you have an obligation to return the money.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8043 posts
855 upvotes
If he can get a refund back either from you or the organizers of the show, I don't see where the issue is. Either you refund him the money and you get the refund from the show or he goes to get the refund from the show.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
[OP]
Jul 29, 2007
941 posts
7 upvotes
Earth
Thanks everybody for your replys
The tickets were won from me from a radio contest.
I was thinking of giving him half the money but
still don't know what I should do
He has my phone # and knows where I live
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
7263 posts
1004 upvotes
Toronto
ConsoleWatcher wrote:
Aug 18th, 2016 9:35 pm
I don't think this is correct: the seller sold tickets and fully fulfilled his obligations of the sale. The fact that the show was subsequently cancelled is now the responsibility of some third party and is outside the scope of the transaction in question. The buyer would be foolish to sue as he will not win and will have to pay his legal bills as well as yours.
PEPSICOLA1 wrote:
Aug 18th, 2016 11:00 pm
The tickets were won from me from a radio contest.
And so the story changes! But I don't think anything changes except the level of your guilty conscience!
Last edited by Jimbobs on Aug 18th, 2016 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Jul 29, 2007
941 posts
7 upvotes
Earth
I don't think I should give him his money back because when I sold him the tickets the concert
was still on.
That would mean he is the owner of the tickets now not me
Still I'm not sure what to do
I might just give him half his money back
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
716 upvotes
shouldn't have allowed him to know where you lived. Even if the transcation went well, u don't want to give unnecessary information.

If you live in a home without security and have vulnerable family members then u should seriously consider refunding back the money, if the concert wont be rescheduled . Half the money back wont do it either. He wants all of it.
Banned
May 3, 2009
6148 posts
775 upvotes
RIP OP
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
14163 posts
4105 upvotes
Here 'n There
bobbings wrote:
Aug 18th, 2016 10:58 pm
If he can get a refund back either from you or the organizers of the show, I don't see where the issue is. Either you refund him the money and you get the refund from the show or he goes to get the refund from the show.
Exactly. The OP has no legal, ethical or moral obligation to refund the tickets to the buyer. The buyer bought the right to see a show with all the rights attached to that ticket. He stands in the same place as the original ticket holder after buying the tickets. He does not hold an option to demand a refund from the original ticket holder along with owning the tickets. His remedy now as the lawful owner of the tickets is against the organizers of the show who originally sold the tickets.

Now, whether the purchaser will send some goon after the the OP to 'collect' the refund is a different story. I wouldn't mess with these kind of people if you think they are that way.