Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 15, 2012
1 posts
1 upvote
NORTH YORK

Don't buy from Buytopia!

Just wanted to let people know about what Buytopia is doing. I posted 1 comment about my experience with one of their deals. There was also another negative review on the discussion board at the time. A day later I went back to check to see if anyone at Buytopia had responded to me. My comment was removed and so was the other comment. Beware what you buy from Buytopia as you are not gettting the full picture on their deals! They have now blocked me from asking any other questions on any of their deals! I only posted the 1 negative experience and they blocked me! They are not giving their customers a fair shake and trying to keep people in the dark. Beware!
26 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2004
9915 posts
940 upvotes
Brampton
Post your experience here at least so that it shows up on google searches. Are you trying to get a refund or just sharing your experience?
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 199 and counting. RFD Feedback 54-0-0 and counting.
Sep 2, 2007
11 posts
1 upvote
I have tried getting refunds from Buytopia on two separate occasions and both times they have sat on my refund request until I called back or emailed back multiple times to follow up. One of the times, I waited for over a month for my refund which I requested less than 12 hours after my purchase. If you need to do a refund, I suggest calling as that seemed to be the more effective method.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2011
1385 posts
382 upvotes
I was at Wildwing Sunday and they have notes posted saying that they are not honoring any coupons from Buytopia. Sounds like a sketchy place.
Alex
Dec 5, 2005
566 posts
67 upvotes
sherman51 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2012 2:17 pm
I was at Wildwing Sunday and they have notes posted saying that they are not honoring any coupons from Buytopia. Sounds like a sketchy place.
seriously? Did they say why?

I was thinking of buying one of those.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2012
2181 posts
1777 upvotes
UntdProvncsOfCanada
i had a decent experience in the past with buytopia. thats my 2 cents.

as with any COMMENTS posted on ANY dealsite discussion, they will delete them if it doesn't positively contribute to the conversation...You're best posting on RFD.

To risk sounding childish and immature, original poster and anyone else who have bad experience should outline the details....
Jan 25, 2012
1 posts
SCARBOROUGH
Everything said here is true... I've had the same problems with refunds, they only want to offer credits...even when the retailer was busted for trying to rip us off/lie, then when caught refused to honor the voucher (Ruffles Hair Design) they keep posting their deals...on other deals they overinflate original values..so it looks like a better deal...they don't investigate merchants therefore risking their own reputation..ie Aurora Borealis cruises..& the list goes on...attitude from staffers...more than a month waiting for a refund...etc.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
7526 posts
1226 upvotes
Buytopia has taken over Price Dodger.com, Bargoonz.com, GoBabu.com, Indulge Living.com, GaggleUp.com and Dealivery.com.

gaggleup is the only one I've heard of so I assume these are pretty small. If you buy from them im sure you'll be able to expect teh same level of "service" buytopia is know for

full article
http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1174019 ... ompetitors
Nov 5, 2009
663 posts
38 upvotes
Buytopia is the worst, hands down. I signed up for an MBNA Platinum credit card through their promotion. Was supposed to get $ 150 buytopia credits. That was 4 months ago and still haven't seen anything from there. I have had numerous phone calls and emails (20 at least), and still nothing. Nothing but lies and excuses and awful customer service. I have had very positive experiences with swarmjam and living social. Stay away from buytopia and obviously its affiliates.
Banned
Jun 14, 2013
158 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
Thank goodness I did some research before getting something from BuyTopia
Banned
Jul 11, 2013
3 posts
Toronto
@redflag5050 We apologize for the inconvenience. Every customer that MBNA has given us approval for has received their credit or gift card (over 98%). Unfortunately, some applications take longer to get through the validation process than others and we are working closely with MBNA to make sure all of them are credited as quickly as possible. If you have received your Credit Card from MBNA and still have not received your Gift Card, please send a quick email to support@buytopia.ca. Please include in the subject line that you had posted your query on RFD and we will try our utmost to get the credit to you as soon as possible. Hope you have a great weekend! :)
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3313 posts
1953 upvotes
North Vancouver
zoro69 wrote:
Jun 22nd, 2013 10:16 pm
Buytopia has taken over Price Dodger.com, Bargoonz.com, GoBabu.com, Indulge Living.com, GaggleUp.com and Dealivery.com.

gaggleup is the only one I've heard of so I assume these are pretty small. If you buy from them im sure you'll be able to expect teh same level of "service" buytopia is know for

full article
http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1174019 ... ompetitors
It looks like they acquired the companies through a cost per action model, meaning they'll end up paying very little over the long term. It just goes to show that the industry is continuing to fade, and other smaller deals companies will end up going this route eventually.

http://www.canadiandealsassociation.com ... -6-months/
BuytopiaSupport wrote:
Jul 12th, 2013 11:25 am
@redflag5050 We apologize for the inconvenience. Every customer that MBNA has given us approval for has received their credit or gift card (over 98%). Unfortunately, some applications take longer to get through the validation process than others and we are working closely with MBNA to make sure all of them are credited as quickly as possible. If you have received your Credit Card from MBNA and still have not received your Gift Card, please send a quick email to support@buytopia.ca. Please include in the subject line that you had posted your query on RFD and we will try our utmost to get the credit to you as soon as possible. Hope you have a great weekend! :)
A 3 week late reply, along with ignoring the older complaints in this thread. I suppose this is the usual level of support that we've come to expect from Buytopia.

I hope BuytopiaSupport actually attempted a PM, although I really doubt it considering who it is.
Oct 8, 2013
1 posts
BRAMPTON
Thanks for raising this thread.
Buytopia coupons are fake. I bought a Midas Oil change coupon. When I went to the Midas agency listed on the coupon for an oil change, they told me that the coupon was issued without their knowledge and they will not honor it.
The coupon costed $39 for 3 oil changes
I am surprised how such a racket goes on.