None
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2007
1115 posts
24 upvotes
jobushema wrote:
Oct 9th, 2013 8:59 pm
Thanks for raising this thread.
Buytopia coupons are fake. I bought a Midas Oil change coupon. When I went to the Midas agency listed on the coupon for an oil change, they told me that the coupon was issued without their knowledge and they will not honor it.
The coupon costed $39 for 3 oil changes
I am surprised how such a racket goes on.
So isn't that considered fraud? If the coupons were fake then why is nobody reporting this to the police? If they can get away with creating fake coupons then I might as well start making my own coupons and sell them online.
Jun 21, 2005
201 posts
40 upvotes
Mississauga
jobushema wrote:
Oct 9th, 2013 8:59 pm
Thanks for raising this thread.
Buytopia coupons are fake. I bought a Midas Oil change coupon. When I went to the Midas agency listed on the coupon for an oil change, they told me that the coupon was issued without their knowledge and they will not honor it.
The coupon costed $39 for 3 oil changes
I am surprised how such a racket goes on.
Can you link to the feature on Buytopia? This seems pretty far fetched.
Nov 13, 2013
2 posts
my experience with buytopia has been one of the worse ever.
first I ordered the Bose headphones, which from my reading no one has received yet.

I have contacted them a few times over the last 2 weeks and they have said they would deliver for XMAS , Xmas came and went and no headphones.
I also purchased something else and requested a refund , and while they gave me a refund they gave me a credit for something I paid for with my Credit card, I expect the rerun t my credit card not a store credit. specially since i don't plan to buy anything else from them.

unfortunately they are not embers of the BBB, but I will certainly be reporting they deceptive practices to the consumer board. everyone should do this and have this company shut down

Stay away!!!!
Jan 24, 2015
1 posts
Toronto
I just used a coupon for the Windsor Arms brunch. At first they refused to take the coupon. I was told buytopia was not paying their bills so they could not honour the coupon. Checking with the manger we were told they paid some of the outstanding bill and we would be honoured but anyone else would be refused. I usually buy from groupon and never had a problem. I will never buy from buytopia again. Never want the embarrassment again, especially since I was taking someone out for a lovely special afternoon.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
5980 posts
186 upvotes
damn... I recently got something from Buytopia. Kinda worried that I might not receive it now.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7324 posts
1779 upvotes
Toronto
i recently bought a voucher from them as well. what's with all the newbie posters bashing buytopia in this thread?
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Oct 16, 2002
592 posts
292 upvotes
BuytopiaSupport wrote:
Jul 12th, 2013 11:25 am
@redflag5050 We apologize for the inconvenience. Every customer that MBNA has given us approval for has received their credit or gift card (over 98%). Unfortunately, some applications take longer to get through the validation process than others and we are working closely with MBNA to make sure all of them are credited as quickly as possible. If you have received your Credit Card from MBNA and still have not received your Gift Card, please send a quick email to support@buytopia.ca. Please include in the subject line that you had posted your query on RFD and we will try our utmost to get the credit to you as soon as possible. Hope you have a great weekend! :)
LOL why request to mention RFD in the subject? You will only resolve problems of those who are commenting on RFD? All others out of luck?
Nov 13, 2012
5 posts
ordered a few things I've never received. i would do my best to avoid them
Dec 9, 2009
2 posts
Mississauga
Purchased a Petro-Canada gas card for $100 in June, 2016. Several emails later, the card was delivered in October, 2016. Several attempts to activate the card later, I have a $100 piece of plastic that does not do anything at a Petro-Canada station. Several attempts to contact Buytopia support, I keep hearing from them, "It is Petro-Canada's fault." 6 months since my original purchase, and still waiting for this to work!
Sep 21, 2017
2 posts
NEVER BUY FROM BUYTOPIA!!!! This is so ridiculous. Was supposed to get a $100 The Bay card from them. Tried to get for 9 months without success. They offered $120 credit on Buytopia. Accepted it at last to end this journey. Ended up buying merchandise on their site as it was not accepted on the deal I wanted. Bought 4 shot glasses, one was broken, so they agreed to credit 25% of the price paid. Am stuck with 3 shot glasses... Only half of the rest of the merchandise came, very poor quality, the rest never came. After 6 months, they agreed to cancel the order and promised to give me a credit on their web site (!) and 3 months after - still no credit, only promises that it will be done "shortly" Soooo frustrating. It takes forever for them to answer emails and their phone number no longer works. Don't know what recourse I have against them but I am truly fed up! Even with the credit, I will have to purchase merchandise that may never come... DON'T GET CAUGHT!!! STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!
Dec 21, 2015
2 posts
I had the same problem with the MBNA deal. I did all necessary steps and got the credit card but never received the $75 Amazon card. I was given the same BS about MBNA never providing the info to release the reward so they are blaming MBNA. I spoke with MBNA and they are blaming Buytopia. Neither will take responsibility.

What a scam.
Jan 19, 2015
1 posts
Toronto, ON
Do not buy from Buytopia! Cannot get my refund since December 2017. It was deal in November 2017 - "Christmas delivery guarantee", and the items were NEVER delivered, and money never returned. They promise every month to "process refund", but never done. Buytopia just use customers' money for 6 months and more - interest free!!! Why is still on a market, and continue to sell various deal? Some consumers institution who control various sites must stop this fraud!