• Mar 26th, 2015 3:10 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 27, 2003
265 posts
8 upvotes
Niagara Falls

Don't Buy Dell especially if you are buying through Bestbuy

Dell won't honour issue like charger defects and in addition Bestbuy Geek squad will take about 2 hours to find your online order before giving you wrong advice about buying universal power cord which will fail like most universal charger. Then you have to waste another 2 hours again only to get redirected to Buy OEM from Dell and their initial tech will say it is cover under warranty but if you were foolish like one of my customers and left defective part behind at the Bestbuy store when they bought the universal part. Now Rem(CSR) tell us to find Mgr at Bestbuy store and physical address only to tell us that she cannot send it out after being on call with her for about 1 hour. Bunch of useless employees between Dell & Bestbuy.
If this was Acer or HP they would just shipped out new power cord within 20 minutes. Yes I did have 4 laptops with Acer that client insist on being cheapest you can find.
Lesson here is don't throw away OEM parts from manufacturers even if you bought replacement part and don't trust Geek Squad when they say buy universal part and buy it instore only from brick and mortar. Stay away from Michael Dell
9 replies
Banned
Jan 13, 2015
47 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Maybe, you are just out of luck.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
6089 posts
4352 upvotes
parthea wrote: I've had a pretty good experience with Dell. I'm running 7537 i7 model with SSD. Start up time is under 10 seconds and shut down is closer to 5 seconds. Amazing...
Your experience is because of Intel and the SSD's maker, not Dell.
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1848 posts
277 upvotes
Markham
Dell works for me, and I have had plenty of products over the past 15 years.
In fact my work buys their servers, desktops, and laptops and their support is stellar. My laptop wouldn't boot up and they had a tech on site the very next morning.
Hope you get things worked out.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 13, 2007
5058 posts
1279 upvotes
GTA
Sent my DVP8 in over 5 times due to intermittent charging issues. Dell has finally offered to replace the tablet completely but it's been about a week and my dispatch still hasn't been processed.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
1594 posts
1295 upvotes
Dell can't even fix a severe keyboard debouncing issue that have been affecting nearly all of their high-end, business grade, notebooks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HGxYMJdm1c

http://en.community.dell.com/support-fo ... t/19593360

and they have been aware of the issue for several months now.

So I'd recommend anyone to stay away from them... Prosupport is a joke so I can't even imagine how bad their regular consumer support is..
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
While we're on the topic of Dell, do they make any sister brands we should be aware of? ie Will the same problem happen with a store brand at Best buy?
Nov 29, 2012
148 posts
171 upvotes
Durham
playnicee1 wrote: While we're on the topic of Dell, do they make any sister brands we should be aware of? ie Will the same problem happen with a store brand at Best buy?
Theres no laptop brands that best buy or futureshop sells that are made by dell an rebranded (edit: except alienware. derp). I also dont know of anything dell makes and sells rebranded as something else (in the consumer space anyway, no idea on the enterprise products).
ON top of that technically dell's consumer laptops most likely arent made by them anyway and probably made by third parties like compal, quanta, or foxconn. Just like most (all?) laptops today.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
slickenned wrote: Theres no laptop brands that best buy or futureshop sells that are made by dell an rebranded. I also dont know of anything dell makes and sells rebranded as something else (in the consumer space anyway, no idea on the enterprise products).
ON top of that technically dell's consumer laptops most likely arent made by them anyway and probably made by third parties like compal, quanta, or foxconn. Just like most (all?) laptops today.
Ailenware and Dell are together, if that counts. I don't think there's anything Ailenware @ Best buy though.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)