Pets

Don't buy a dog, cat, pet= TOO MUCH WORK!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2016 5:22 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 19, 2015
633 posts
123 upvotes
Canada

Don't buy a dog, cat, pet= TOO MUCH WORK!!

You might as well live a simple, easy life so don't bother buying a dog, cat or any pet.

Taking care of a pet, dog, cat, bird, fish, etc is too much work for you.
You will constantly have to clean up after your dog, cat, bird, fish, rabbit, pet, etc.

It's non-stop work and you have to pay $$$$$$$ vet bills, groomer bills, pet food, etc $$$$$$$$$$$.

Here is example of a person who should not have bought a dog because he doesn't have the patience, empathy and knowledge to take care of a dog. See video in the link. Maybe you recognize the guy in the video.

This person does not know how to take care of a dog because he didn't take the time to learn about how to take care of a dog.

Read articles on Internet or read books about how to take care of a dog.
Watch dog training videos from library or buy videos.
Watch tv shows about dog training.
Go to puppy / dog training class.

Man admits beating his dog in fiery confrontation captured on video

http://www.citynews.ca/2016/09/23/man-a ... red-video/

Allegations of animal abuse and the shocking confrontation that was caught on camera as one woman came face to face with a man she says admitted to beating his pet dog.

The incident occurred on Wednesday evening when Anita Black says she heard the dog’s loud screams coming from a nearby apartment.

“There were three long screams, my cat even freaked out, that’s how bad the screams were,” said Black. “I just knew I had to find the dog and intervene.”

In a video posted to social media, which has been viewed more than 3,000 times, Black confronts the man at his door and asked if he’s beating his dog. To her shock and amazement, he says yes.

When asked why he was beating his dog, the man says “to teach her a lesson”, explaining to Black that the canine had been misbehaving.

“You don’t teach a dog by beating him,” Black is heard telling the man in the video. That’s followed by a lecture on the man’s treatment of his pet.

Despite living in the same North York building, Black says she’s never met the man before, but this isn’t the first time she’s heard the dog’s screams.

“This time was so bad, I couldn’t just sit there and pretend I couldn’t hear it,” she explained.

Other than the man saying he beat his pet in the video, there is no confirmation that the dog was abused.

Black says she reported the man to the condo’s management as well as the Ontario SPCA.

“We have received a complaint and we have an open investigation into the matter,” the OSPCA confirmed to CityNews in a statement. “As it is an open investigation unfortunately I can’t speak to any of the details at this time.”

CityNews paid several visits to the man’s apartment to ask about the allegations, but there was no answer.

-
21 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
4349 posts
596 upvotes
Some people enjoy their pets and are willing to do all the "work" required. Not every pet owner is inept.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1894 posts
537 upvotes
Markham
Some people shouldn't be allowed to do certain things....
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3052 posts
474 upvotes
BDSL wrote:
Sep 26th, 2016 9:56 am
Some people shouldn't be allowed to do certain things....
Agreed.

I can't imagine life without a pet. Actually it seems that my husband and I are companions to our current dog rather than the other way around. Actually when I think of it, this has always been the case.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
8302 posts
1315 upvotes
Toronto
I don't own a pet here in Canada. I agree vet bills are high in Canada and there is gouging.
I have read stories of a vet that laughed at and related to a confidant their disdain for pet owners who cry for pets etc.
My parents have pets back in the Caribbean and have always had for as long as I can remember.Dogs and Cats.
Their current dog is 15 human years old and arthritic.He is very smart and perceptive as well as interactive non the less.
Most importantly, obedient and trusting.
The love , companionship and loyalty that comes from a pet like a cat or dog that can show it compared to fishes and birds, is unparalleled, and more than worth the effort put into taking care of them, and giving back to them and the universe.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3213 posts
1057 upvotes
Toronto
Dogwater wrote:
Sep 25th, 2016 9:36 pm
You might as well live a simple, easy life so don't bother buying a dog, cat or any pet.

Taking care of a pet, dog, cat, bird, fish, etc is too much work for you.
You will constantly have to clean up after your dog, cat, bird, fish, rabbit, pet, etc.

It's non-stop work and you have to pay $$$$$$$ vet bills, groomer bills, pet food, etc $$$$$$$$$$$.

Here is example of a person who should not have bought a dog because he doesn't have the patience, empathy and knowledge to take care of a dog. See video in the link. Maybe you recognize the guy in the video.

This person does not know how to take care of a dog because he didn't take the time to learn about how to take care of a dog.
You could say the same thing about having kids.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
3099 posts
903 upvotes
how silly.
OP, you intentionally came to the PET FORUM to vent this opinion to known pet and animal lovers ?

talk about your speech falling on deaf ears!

Do you also go to the PARENTING FORUM to warn people to avoid having babies? LOL!
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1571 upvotes
As a pet owner of two dogs and two cats, once that dogs are gone, we wont be getting new ones. About that time our youngest will be done high school. and we want some freedom back. Be able to leave whenever we want without worrying about a kennle, someone to feed the dog, etc, etc.

Cats are cats. They are outside cats anyway, so they are self reliant
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5463 posts
1126 upvotes
Richmond Hill
didn't read the article part in the OP but what the OP said could apply to anything esp a car, child, or women.
Mar 19, 2013
695 posts
207 upvotes
Prince Albert, Sask.
We have 3 dogs, love them. Knew the work & costs going in. No big deal.
Jul 29, 2013
809 posts
435 upvotes
[/quote]

If you live in the city do not let your cats be outside cats as it is against the law to let your cats roam.
I do not want your cat's dodo surprise in my garden or dining at my bird feeder. Take responsibility and keep your cat at home.
Deal Expert
Oct 16, 2001
76501 posts
1571 upvotes
profile wrote:
Oct 24th, 2016 9:26 pm
If you live in the city do not let your cats be outside cats as it is against the law to let your cats roam.
I do not want your cat's dodo surprise in my garden or dining at my bird feeder. Take responsibility and keep your cat at home.
[/quote]

I dont live in the city, they are mousers, so thats their job. Take responsibility, I am, by letting them be cats
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
18623 posts
17625 upvotes
Toronto
chevalier2014 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2016 5:52 pm
where can I buy the sushi inu puppy near Montreal QC?
Shiba Inu? Start with checking your reputable breeders. Also do your research on the breed. My dad had one and it wasn't well socialized as a puppy (a must with Shibas). Turned into a dog aggressive mess that could never be brought to off-leash regardless of training afterwards.
Not only did we embarrass Marky Mark, we let down the Funky Bunch.
Banned
Oct 25, 2016
46 posts
2 upvotes
Thank you your suggestion!
Means champion blood shiba inu is OK?
Actually, i don't think it is nessasery. right?