Off Topic

Don't buy a house near the beach or below sea level, LOL

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2019 4:20 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2018
1543 posts
1115 upvotes
FreshCo wrote:
Feb 11th, 2019 8:49 pm
These maps make no sense. You're honestly telling me cities hundreds and thousands of feet above sea level would be under water? For example, a city like Sao Paulo at 750m above sea level would be flooded? Or parts of the Canadian prairies like Lethbridge at nearly 1000m would be flooded? Uhhh, no.
I believe those maps are after the earth shift... In case you are curious; I got them from the same guy who predicted Hitler 400 years before Hitler was born ;)

You know, time is only a 'container' allowing events to unfold ;)
Never hate yourself; others will do that for you.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2018
1543 posts
1115 upvotes
Btw, there is no need to rely on a single source. Let me quote you a book that you could purchase in March 2001, a full 6 months before 9/11. In the 'acknowledgements' the author states he started writing his book in the 90's and then put it aside.

On page 252-253

"While acts of terrorism and war and political unrest plague the Eastern Hemisphere, the Western Hemisphere will be spared the worst of terrorism. However, a major terrorist attack may befall New York City or Washington, D.C., severely impacting the way we live in the United States."

"Fast Lane to Heaven", by Ned Dougherty.

There are other sources and other ways to find out 'events'.
Never hate yourself; others will do that for you.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2018
1543 posts
1115 upvotes
I was just rereading the chapter titled, "The Future" (my first time since reading the book almost 20 years ago) and I thought you might enjoy knowing the prediction made on page 253 following the previous prediction mentioned in the above post.

"The Western Hemisphere will be plagued mainly by natural disasters. Freakish, erratic, and unseasonable weather patterns will create severe tidal flooding and land erosion. There will be devastating tornadoes and wind storms; severe winter conditions with record snow falls and freezing temperatures; record summer heat waves with severe drought; and an increase in destructive storms and hurricanes"
.

I would like to add that I had forgotten 99% of the content of this book. It has been such a long time and I have travelled so much since then. But I do remember that I did not agree with everything written in the book and I also didn't like the overly religious tone.

The bottom line is there is no reason to panic or be overly worried. Life on this planet and across the Universe is a cycle and we are part of that cycle.
Never hate yourself; others will do that for you.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2018
1543 posts
1115 upvotes
rilles wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 2:03 pm
Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!! TVA is killing more coal jobs !!!!! another fallout from green madness!!!111

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... ee-n970846

"An independent federal agency announced that it would close two coal plants,"



Poe
Why don't you start your own thread bitching about job losses due to the environment instead of repeating the same things over and over again in this thread???
Never hate yourself; others will do that for you.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 29, 2001
2638 posts
398 upvotes
ThunderBay
TomLafinsky wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 2:57 pm
Why don't you start your own thread bitching about job losses due to the environment instead of repeating the same things over and over again in this thread???
Because you say "The bottom line is there is no reason to panic or be overly worried. Life on this planet and across the Universe is a cycle and we are part of that cycle."

I live in a DJT reality distortion field, you must always be in a state of panic (over illegals and gay frogs) and be very very worried, and watch Fox news 24x7 and subscribe to DJT tweeter feeds.

Poe
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
1273 posts
2 upvotes
Flavour wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2019 3:49 pm
social justice is srs business
Global warming and climate change are social justice issues now? Do you even think before you write?
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
1273 posts
2 upvotes
Flavour wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 11:40 am
Your bible says it is:
https://www.thestar.com/calgary/2018/09 ... s-say.html
What is with you people and the "your bible" comments? When have I ever said, indicated or shown that the only source of news I read is Thestar.

Anyways, you've pointed to an article that illustrates why for a SINGLE group of people it is a social justice issue. If you think climate change isn't a bigger issue than that more broadly, it really speaks to your understanding of facts, science and reality.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 5, 2003
1904 posts
426 upvotes
ThinkOutsideTheBox wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 12:22 pm
What is with you people and the "your bible" comments? When have I ever said, indicated or shown that the only source of news I read is Thestar.

Anyways, you've pointed to an article that illustrates why for a SINGLE group of people it is a social justice issue. If you think climate change isn't a bigger issue than that more broadly, it really speaks to your understanding of facts, science and reality.
That wasn't even the first link that came up, I figured you would enjoy it though because it was the star.

So you were proven wrong, and now you're saying it's even bigger than social justice? Damn, words like that can get you thrown out of the left.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
1273 posts
2 upvotes
Flavour wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 12:55 pm
That wasn't even the first link that came up, I figured you would enjoy it though because it was the star.

So you were proven wrong, and now you're saying it's even bigger than social justice? Damn, words like that can get you thrown out of the left.
You proved me wrong? Yes, your single link and attempt at speaking down to me has definitely proven me wrong.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 5, 2003
1904 posts
426 upvotes
ThinkOutsideTheBox wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 1:38 pm
You proved me wrong? Yes, your single link and attempt at speaking down to me has definitely proven me wrong.
Are you touched? I made a joke that triggered you to say global warming is not a social justice issue, then I proved that it is (this is pretty common knowledge, not a secret), then you say well that's only for one group it is (isn't all social justice issues about singular groups of people who claim to be disadvantaged?). Comedy. Go back to your student union meeting.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
1273 posts
2 upvotes
Flavour wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 2:25 pm
Are you touched? I made a joke that triggered you to say global warming is not a social justice issue, then I proved that it is (this is pretty common knowledge, not a secret), then you say well that's only for one group it is (isn't all social justice issues about singular groups of people who claim to be disadvantaged?). Comedy. Go back to your student union meeting.
Lol -- does this level of discourse work for you and your Proud Boy friends?

#1: Not triggered, I just called you out for being an idiot by calling climate change a social justice issue
#2: Your proof was quoting a source that you purport to be fake news....not great justification on your part
#3: Are you saying that you agree that it is ONLY a SJ issue for one group? #1, that isn't the point I was making, #2, you definitely didn't make that clear in your original post.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
6627 posts
2695 upvotes
Kootenays
rilles wrote:
Feb 14th, 2019 2:03 pm
Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!! TVA is killing more coal jobs !!!!! another fallout from green madness!!!111

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... ee-n970846

"An independent federal agency announced that it would close two coal plants,"


Poe
Because what the world needs is continued use of a filthy resource: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47165522
"A toxic crisis in America’s coal country"

"In the shadow of some of America's most controversial coal mines, where companies use huge amounts of explosives to blow the tops off mountains, isolated communities say their water has been poisoned.

She pours a glass of water from her kitchen tap and lets it rest on a table. It has a strange smell and a sticky texture and within minutes begins to turn dark orange. A layer of black sediment soon sinks to the bottom of the glass.

"This is what we have to live with," Casey says. "We don't bathe in the water and we don't cook with it. It stains our fingernails, our knuckles, and our clothes. It's really, really difficult living like this."

Casey and her husband Jack (not his real name), have two young children and drive for more than an hour to stock up on bottled water to drink and cook with. So who do they hold responsible?

"I've been here all my life, but when the surface [coal] mine came in that's when the water started changing," says Jack, who, despite being a miner himself, believes the industry is accountable for his family's water problems.

"I think if they've done wrong they should have to fix it."

Gotta make sure the Chris Clines of the world don't go hungry.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 29, 2001
2638 posts
398 upvotes
ThunderBay
smacd wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 3:41 pm
Because what the world needs is continued use of a filthy resource: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47165522
"A toxic crisis in America’s coal country"

"In the shadow of some of America's most controversial coal mines, where companies use huge amounts of explosives to blow the tops off mountains, isolated communities say their water has been poisoned.

She pours a glass of water from her kitchen tap and lets it rest on a table. It has a strange smell and a sticky texture and within minutes begins to turn dark orange. A layer of black sediment soon sinks to the bottom of the glass.

"This is what we have to live with," Casey says. "We don't bathe in the water and we don't cook with it. It stains our fingernails, our knuckles, and our clothes. It's really, really difficult living like this."

Casey and her husband Jack (not his real name), have two young children and drive for more than an hour to stock up on bottled water to drink and cook with. So who do they hold responsible?

"I've been here all my life, but when the surface [coal] mine came in that's when the water started changing," says Jack, who, despite being a miner himself, believes the industry is accountable for his family's water problems.

"I think if they've done wrong they should have to fix it."

Gotta make sure the Chris Clines of the world don't go hungry.
Your letting a bit of coal dust in some hillbillies kitchen tarnish your view on the positive aspects of good clean coal and all the jobs it provides. DJT would not champion for coal if it was not a huge job maker and good for a reliable energy grid. Coal is also made in America!!! And exported!!! $$$$ everyone wins!!!!



Poe

Top