Off Topic Archive

Locked: Dont get yourself framed for dumping garbage by Town of Markham!

• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2012 9:25 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12069 posts
1097 upvotes
Toronto

Dont get yourself framed for dumping garbage by Town of Markham!

Because some people are STILL having a hard time reading English. I have reworded everything for the third time. Please read if you are interested and don't read every other word in a sentence.

A town worker came by today and took our old mail reminder slip from our recycling bin on our property. He knocks on our door to tell us he had found the slip at a nearby site where people have been illegally dumping garbage. It's town owned property. I have left out all other details, because some RFD readers are unable to process it correctly.
Share:
19 replies
Apr 30, 2009
367 posts
6 upvotes
He works for the town or he is a local landscaper?
What does the postal slip have anything to do with dumping garbage?
Is the garbage in the ditch on your property?
Beware: Your post has me very confused... and I live in Markham. Please help!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12069 posts
1097 upvotes
Toronto
he works for the city. he said he found out postal slip at the dump site.. garbage ditch is on town property, not ours
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2004
1532 posts
29 upvotes
If he didnt give you back the postal slip then technically didn't he just stole your mail?

Also, if he wanted to frame anyone with that thing that's stupid...why would anyone throw away their out postal slip?
SPOOOOOOOOOOOONN!!!!...
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12069 posts
1097 upvotes
Toronto
should i clean it up? Its mostly pieces of drywall, wood, and some broken tiles from someone who was renovating. I fail to see how my postal slip was mixed up in that kidna of garbage. I think these guys are lazy and don't wanna clean it up themselves so they go around framing people and they get to drive around town eating donuts while getting paid with our tax dollars
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12069 posts
1097 upvotes
Toronto
ahh, so my father decided to clean up the area out there. He doesnt want trouble. gonna give him a hand now
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
17588 posts
1627 upvotes
Poormond Hill
trixstar wrote:
May 22nd, 2012 4:39 pm
ahh, so my father decided to clean up the area out there. He doesnt want trouble. gonna give him a hand now

The criminals returns to the scene of the crime!
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2009
2076 posts
23 upvotes
Moral of the story. Avoid living in Markham. Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7320 posts
671 upvotes
Toronto
The 'dump site' as you call it was probably not for public use. The proper place to go is here:

http://www2.markham.ca/Markham/Departme ... ropoff.htm

Convenient how the original story seemed to be lacking the minor detail about exactly how much and where the garbage was dumped - probably illegally.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12069 posts
1097 upvotes
Toronto
its obviously not a "dump site" .. just a small pile of garbage. Yes and markham is getting more terrible.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12069 posts
1097 upvotes
Toronto
sandikosh wrote:
May 22nd, 2012 4:55 pm
The criminals returns to the scene of the crime!

father didnt want trouble so we cleaned it up. Besides, the guy has our mail and can use it against us if he wanted to. what proof do we have that he didnt find it there?
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1137 upvotes
Mississauga East
If he had mail with your address on it and he got it from the unofficial dump - how did it get there
if you did not dump there illegally?

If you really did not dump there then you should have called his bluff and not touched the garbage.

Why do people dump on city property which is not an official dump site?

trixstar wrote:
May 22nd, 2012 4:39 pm

Ha ha ha - father cleaning up the garbage
while son posts about it on RFD
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8634 posts
598 upvotes
GTA
Did your dad or someone else actually dump it? What kind of mail was it? Junk mail or an actual bill or something?

We get stuff dumped at our industrial property all of the time. Drives me crazy. People dump stuff into garbage bins too thinking that it is "okay".
I don't like people who litter either but dumping is even worse.

People need to have respect for each other's property. I am sure they wouldn't appreciate if I dumped a load of garbage on their lawn.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12069 posts
1097 upvotes
Toronto
basically someone dumped some used renovation materials near our house. There is no actual paper garbage or garbage you would regularly find in a garbage bin. We have a recycling bin on our porch and my dad had thrown out the postal slip ( reminder slip, the ones that hang on your door) into the recycling bin. For some reason the city worker had it in his hands and had apparantly taken it out of our bin and said he found it nearby.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
3370 posts
69 upvotes
Don't worry, once Markham becomes a city everything will run smoothly, and there will be no more of these shenanigans.

Look how flawlessly everything happens in the City of Toronto!!!
× < >