Off Topic Archive

Locked: Dont get yourself framed for dumping garbage by Town of Markham!

• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2012 9:25 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12643 posts
1480 upvotes
Toronto
zz000ter wrote:
May 22nd, 2012 5:06 pm
If he had mail with your address on it and he got it from the unofficial dump - how did it get there
if you did not dump there illegally?

If you really did not dump there then you should have called his bluff and not touched the garbage.

Why do people dump on city property which is not an official dump site?

Ha ha ha - father cleaning up the garbage
while son posts about it on RFD

do you only read every other word in a sentence?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8573 posts
1854 upvotes
London
trixstar wrote:
May 22nd, 2012 4:12 pm
Because some people are STILL having a hard time reading English. I have reworded everything for the third time. Please read if you are interested and don't read every other word in a sentence.

A town worker came by today and took our old mail reminder slip from our recycling bin on our property. He knocks on our door to tell us he had found the slip at a nearby site where people have been illegally dumping garbage. It's town owned property. I have left out all other details, because some RFD readers are unable to process it correctly.
Did you actually see him take the slip from your recycling...?
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11882 posts
1713 upvotes
City of Vancouver
I've seen on the news before (eg. during a garbage strike) where the city looks through abandoned garbage bags to see if there's an address in there and then try and fine the person for illegal dumping. That's when I think about how easy it is to frame someone else, since many people do not bother ripping out their address on mail or whatever that they put out for recycling. It's a good idea to rip this stuff out just to prevent identity theft!!
De gustibus non est disputandum
"Crazy people will make even sane people crazy."-- Becks
"Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself."-- Confucius
Deal Addict
May 6, 2010
2418 posts
171 upvotes
Markham
trixstar wrote:
May 22nd, 2012 5:13 pm
basically someone dumped some used renovation materials near our house. There is no actual paper garbage or garbage you would regularly find in a garbage bin. We have a recycling bin on our porch and my dad had thrown out the postal slip ( reminder slip, the ones that hang on your door) into the recycling bin. For some reason the city worker had it in his hands and had apparantly taken it out of our bin and said he found it nearby.

Did you actually see him do that? Isn't the burden of proof, in the other post, is on the worker? ie. He had to see you allegedly dumped the garbage and not the other way around.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2006
3488 posts
98 upvotes
Halton
I HATE when morons dump their trash on my farm. Either in the ditches or in the tractor trail. Trust me I go through every peice of garbage looking for an address. And when I do trust me it wont be nice :twisted:

A fellow a few doors down found an address in one of the garbage bags dropped on his property. He and his son went to the house IN TOWN early in the morning and dropped the garbage bags on the door step and unloaded a couple large bales of hay infront of the car. Haha!
Enjoy Life