Automotive

DON'T go to Auto Sound Design in Markham (4496 Highway 7. East) for deck installation

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2012 7:56 pm
Nov 6, 2006
16 posts
1 upvote

DON'T go to Auto Sound Design in Markham (4496 Highway 7. East) for deck installation

I bought a video deck over the internet and went to Auto Sound Design for installation. (http://www.autosounddesign.com)

During my first visit, Diamond Tam, one of their sales representative, served me. Everything is ok. I just got my quotation on the installation and left. Later I booked the service over the phone.

On 12/16/10 12.00pm, I dropped off my car according to my appointment and left. During my visit, Diamond Tam served me again and he claimed that it will take approximately 2.5 hour to get the job done.

At 3.30pm, I called Diamond Tam to see if my car is ready for pick up. He said it is not ready yet and it will only be ready at 5.00pm. Ok fine, I tell myself some time there may be technical problem and it can take a little bit longer. I tried to be patient and went for a little shopping. (My gf is driving me)

At 5.30pm, I went back to the shop again and ask for my car. Mr. Diamond Tam said that it is not ready yet, so I told him I am in a hurry and how long will it take. Diamond Tam said it is going to be fast. I am getting impatient but no choice, i just have to wait.

As i am waiting, I saw my car from the glasses of the garage. Guess what? My old deck is still inside my car!!!! They have not even started the installation yet after 5.5 hours. I got so pissed, i just went straight inside to the garage and argue with Diamond Tam. He is still lying, he said that there is some problem with installing the system and that's why it got a "little bit" late. Come on, I don't think that 5.5 hour is reasonable for any technical problem on a deck installation. If you really need that much time, I guess you should not call your service professional installation.

I got so pissed and i just left with my car. You may ask how can I leave the garage in the middle of installation? Yes, I can because all they did is got my 6 CD out from my old deck after 5.5 hours.

I am guessing they are either overbooked or they totally forgot about my car. Either way, they are just being unprofessional.

At the end of the week, I went to future shop to get my installation done. It only take 1.5 hr; It is cheaper and much more professional. So don't go to this shop. Just go to futureshop, they are doing a wayyyyyyyyyyy better job.
41 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15058 posts
740 upvotes
Woodbridge
Nothing wrong with Best Buy/Future Shop for car audio installation, the problem is that the store over all has a bad reputation.

Did you try dealing with the Manager/Supervisor, I wouldn't be surprised if they were gone for the Holidays and you had to deal with punks. That was just ridiculous.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
553 upvotes
goto Audio Heaven. Jeff will take good care of you!
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
2474 posts
244 upvotes
North York
Not surprised, u went in there w/ur own previously purchased deck, so they will treat u 2nd to their paying customers that buy the decks.

What did u really expect from this:

I wouldn't praise about either of them and @ the same time I wouldn't expect much from either.

Small audio shops r run by the same goofs that work @ FS, only difference is FS management/support makes them work more efficiently/organized.

Its actually where they start to grow a brain, quickly realize they can make more $ doing side jobs, then eventually start their own business, which of course fails in all aspects of satisfactory service.

+
Its easier to DIY car audio.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Google Nexus via Mobilicity $25 BTS unlimited talk/text/data

:lol: $5,000.00 CASH < 2 Minutes :lol:
:lol: McD's
Online Monopoly Winner :lol:
[OP]
Nov 6, 2006
16 posts
1 upvote
Bembol
It is a really small shop. There are only 2 sales representative inside the store, so they maybe the boss too. I doubt if complaining will do any good, so i just post the story here and hopefully people can avoid this kind of trouble~

Gilboman
Thanks for the advice, I will try that out next time

isajoo
Totally agree with you. They have no system at all. Haha~ when i order the deck, I am planning to DIY install but after I look at the manual i kind of give up. haha~ I am just not good in wiring~
Jun 12, 2011
1 posts
MARKHAM
I can't imagine that happening at Auto Sound Design, I've been using their sales and services for over 12 years ( about 6 cars) !!! I rarely do so but I actually go out of my way to send people there for all their car and home needs. I don't know your entire story but I can honestly tell you someone would be hard pressed to find a better store these days. At Future Shop and Best buy you'll have the either high school kids working on your cars or the guys that aren't good enough to work for a specialty shop.
Banned
Nov 23, 2006
748 posts
44 upvotes
tpeters wrote:
Jun 13th, 2011 10:57 am
I can't imagine that happening at Auto Sound Design, I've been using their sales and services for over 12 years ( about 6 cars) !!! I rarely do so but I actually go out of my way to send people there for all their car and home needs. I don't know your entire story but I can honestly tell you someone would be hard pressed to find a better store these days. At Future Shop and Best buy you'll have the either high school kids working on your cars or the guys that aren't good enough to work for a specialty shop.

lol your first post is one to bump up an old thread....
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2008
1556 posts
161 upvotes
tpeters wrote:
Jun 13th, 2011 10:57 am

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.p ... this-place
4th post from the bottom:
Tom Peters is now the owner i think. So does safe and sound do audio installations too?
If you're going to shill at least make up better user name lol
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2008
2864 posts
200 upvotes
Mississauga
azured wrote:
Jun 13th, 2011 11:26 am
[url]if you're going to shill at least make up better user name lol

lol
Deal Fanatic
Mar 13, 2004
7475 posts
601 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
mrbriggs wrote:
Jun 13th, 2011 12:22 pm

lmao!!!!!!
Maximum Repair
Computer & Cell Phone Repair
PM me for more info
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
5805 posts
514 upvotes
Greely
Wow, you would have been better off leaving this thread in the archives.

Not good, Mr. Peters.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2005
5855 posts
100 upvotes
haha.. great thread. i wonder where he is now
--
× < >