Donuts in GTA (north)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2020 12:07 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes
tk1000 wrote: The bakers in the shop fill the donuts. The store owner could have told the baker use less cream/jelly. Make a complaint to Tim Hortons head office if the donut is not filled in properly.
out of the two questions I asked you answered zero...lol
Nov 5, 2008
404 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote: I'm not sure about all of Canada, but Toronto alone...when you think drive through...what comes to your mind for a doughnut/snack and a coffee?
There's TH & Mcdonald's, (muffins etc) but the real problem might be the lack of other choices.

I hope Robin's Donuts @ Birchmount & Ellesmere does really well. They have a drive through, but they also have a TH right across the street, drive through and all to compete with.
Went there and picked up a box of half dozen this afternoon.
Got to say their donuts are marginally better than Tim Horton's.
The apple fritter is surprisingly nice though.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9003 upvotes
Toronto
damnu wrote: Went there and picked up a box of half dozen this afternoon.
Important question: Did the Robin's doughnut taste the same as a Coffee time doughnut? I ask because they are the same company...I wonder if they're serving the same doughnut...??
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes
damnu wrote: Went there and picked up a box of half dozen this afternoon.
how much were they
Deal Addict
May 27, 2004
1119 posts
451 upvotes
Wow - I had no idea Robin's Doughnuts had come back to Ontario - I thought they were all but left for dead 10 years ago when they shuttered the remaining ones in Ontario.

Do they still have their Death by Chocolate doughnut?

Will have to swing by and give this place a try, for nostalgia's sake lol.
playnicee1 wrote: I'm not sure about all of Canada, but Toronto alone...when you think drive through...what comes to your mind for a doughnut/snack and a coffee?
There's TH & Mcdonald's, (muffins etc) but the real problem might be the lack of other choices.

I hope Robin's Donuts @ Birchmount & Ellesmere does really well. They have a drive through, but they also have a TH right across the street, drive through and all to compete with.
Nov 5, 2008
404 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote:
Important question: Did the Robin's doughnut taste the same as a Coffee time doughnut? I ask because they are the same company...I wonder if they're serving the same doughnut...??
Now you mention it, the Boston cream tasted very similar to Coffee Time's one and that that location used to be a Coffee Time.
It's been a while since I had any Coffee Time's donuts so can't say for sure.
toronto19850 wrote: how much were they
I didn't check the individual price but I paid $5.75 for half dozen.
The cashier who recommended me the apple fritter also told me the fritter was a little more expensive than regular donut but no extra charge when buying the half dozen.
Guess the price is very similar to Tim Horton.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9003 upvotes
Toronto
pakmode wrote: Wow - I had no idea Robin's Doughnuts had come back to Ontario
The newer Coffee time locations are experimenting with being a Coffee time/Capt'n'sub location. (I have not yet tried their subs, but it looks like Subway has some new competition)
Robin's doughnuts is owned by Coffee time now, so they're trying to make Robin's doughnuts look a little more upscale than Coffee time...a smart way to compete with Tim Horton's, perhaps.
(***Look, meaning fancy furniture and a few HD TV's, etc...)
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
3116 posts
1093 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote: Drive down to the states and get a poutine donut @ tim hortons.
Totally offtopic. But common... poutine donut? Isnt that yo thang tdot?
lol I think that was a joke,

on topic
I filled out a Tims form online, why not, said the donuts were barely filled and the owner called me and said some new guy was filling the donuts and didn't know how to use the fillers. which is why some of the donuts weren't filled at all. She said she would give me another dozen for free but I said that is fine. So now woodbine/16th ave will hopefully have filled donuts that actually have decent filling.

I might ask her for a gift card and give it to someone, I'd give it out here but everyone seems to hate Tims