Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[DorcoUSA] Dorco Men's Shaving Kit Trial Pack: 1x Handle + 18 Cartridges - $14.60

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2015 11:37 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 30, 2009
256 posts
98 upvotes

[DorcoUSA] Dorco Men's Shaving Kit Trial Pack: 1x Handle + 18 Cartridges - $14.60

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
50% off
Dorco USA.com is offering their Men's Dorco Shaving Kit Trial Pack on sale for $29.20 - 50% Off with coupon code SDDorcoTrialPack = $14.60. Shipping is free.

Includes:
Pace 6 Plus, (SXA5000) (1 handle and 2 cartridges)
Pace 6 Plus Cartridges (SXA5040) (4 cartridges)
Pace 6 Cartridges, (SXA1040) (4 cartridges)
Pace 4 Cartridges, (FRA1040) (4 cartridges)
Pace 3 Cartridges, (TRA1040) (4 cartridges)

Originally found here: http://slickdeals.net/f/7967701-dorco-m ... iginalPost

Not sure if its already posted already or when it expires.
24 replies
Aug 30, 2012
999 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto
Always shaved with an electric, your guys recommend these dorcos or safety razor overall?
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2758 posts
1857 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
FWIW, I bought the 6 blade system from Dorco, when it was on sale last month. I used a Gillette Flex Power up until then. Here are my 2 cents worth. I find that my skin is being ripped while shaving, this despite softening my 24 hour growth twice over. I did not believe the others when they suggested this in the other posts but I can vouch for it now. I emailed Dorco customer service. They are great. They are sending me new cartridges. Not sure if that will help.

My final thoughts. These razors maybe for lighter beards. The overwhelming majority love them. Give it a try.....
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5865 posts
3138 upvotes
Winnipeg
StealthFinder wrote: FWIW, I bought the 6 blade system from Dorco, when it was on sale last month. I used a Gillette Flex Power up until then. Here are my 2 cents worth. I find that my skin is being ripped while shaving, this despite softening my 24 hour growth twice over. I did not believe the others when they suggested this in the other posts but I can vouch for it now. I emailed Dorco customer service. They are great. They are sending me new cartridges. Not sure if that will help.

My final thoughts. These razors maybe for lighter beards. The overwhelming majority love them. Give it a try.....
agree, Gillette is much better than these one...I didn't like them either.
Now I'm switched to DE, so no more buying these cartridges.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5865 posts
3138 upvotes
Winnipeg
darkknight74 wrote: Always shaved with an electric, your guys recommend these dorcos or safety razor overall?
get safety razor, money saved...
Jan 26, 2009
365 posts
155 upvotes
Niagara Region
Will give them a try, Thanks OP
Aug 3, 2005
697 posts
325 upvotes
Ordered from the last deal and got it yesterday, tried it, they are ok
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7810 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
darkknight74 wrote: Always shaved with an electric, your guys recommend these dorcos or safety razor overall?
Safety razor all day every day.

Pick one of these:
http://www.amazon.ca/Merkur-Model-180-H ... fety+razor
http://www.amazon.ca/Merkur-Classic-Saf ... fety+razor
http://www.amazon.ca/Edwin-Jagger-De89b ... fety+razor

Plus a package of these:
http://www.amazon.ca/Astra-Superior-Pre ... fety+razor

And choose from one of these:
http://www.amazon.ca/Proraso-Shave-Crea ... ds=Proraso
http://www.amazon.ca/Proraso-Sandalwood ... ds=Proraso

Don't forget your brush if you do not have one already:
http://www.amazon.ca/Edwin-Jagger-Badge ... ving+brush

I also like this for pre/post:
http://www.amazon.ca/Proraso-Anti-Irrit ... ds=Proraso

Congratulations, you no longer need to buy shaving equipment for a long, long time.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2003
1231 posts
615 upvotes
GTA
StealthFinder wrote: FWIW, I bought the 6 blade system from Dorco, when it was on sale last month. I used a Gillette Flex Power up until then. Here are my 2 cents worth. I find that my skin is being ripped while shaving, this despite softening my 24 hour growth twice over. I did not believe the others when they suggested this in the other posts but I can vouch for it now. I emailed Dorco customer service. They are great. They are sending me new cartridges. Not sure if that will help.

I also have both and this is what I think. I think the issue with the 6 blade system is the surface area of the blade section is bigger than the Gilette 5 blade system. This means that at sharp points of your face like your chin, only the blade section is making contact with your skin, the top and bottom parts (I don't know what it's called.. the top lubricating thing and the bottom rubbery thing) aren't touching your face. Whereas, the proglide razor has a smaller blade section, so you always get some kind of cushioning from the top and bottom parts.

I agree the Gillette fusion feels the best between the two, but it doesn't feel double the cost better. Will probably continue using until supply is finished.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
+1 on the http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B002RBF1PO
I bought one last month, and there is absolutely no difference when I compare it to my Gillette blades. I stopped cutting myself by the 2nd day, and shaving actually takes less time because I don't have to deal with removing stuck hair from the blades.

The blades last pretty long too. I've been using the same blade for almost 4 weeks now, at some point the blade started feeling dull so I flipped it and continued to use it.

(for reference, I have an extremely thick bread)
Favourite Games: NieR (PS3), Catherine (PS3), Persona 3 FES/Portable (PS2/PSP), Final Fantasy IX (PSX), Persona 4 Golden (PSV), Witcher 1,2,3 (PC), Skyward Sword (Wii), Pokemon Colosseum (GC), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS), Majora's Mask (3DS), Bravely Default (3DS)
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
3631 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto

your post is kinda confusing me.

your skin is being ripped apart while shaving with dorco razors or gillette?

Also for those with thick facial hair and sensitive skin.. how are these razors?
====================================
Oct 24, 2012
285 posts
54 upvotes
Regina
I am struggling with the economics which seems to be the focus of discussion. I switched a few months ago to an electric razor, and on sale it was only about 50 bucks. I also think the electric shaves closer and is more convenient. To each his own I guess, however, I don't have to buy blades or shaving cream any more. How is this a better deal?
May 6, 2015
318 posts
202 upvotes
Toronto
DuffWickstrom wrote: I am struggling with the economics which seems to be the focus of discussion. I switched a few months ago to an electric razor, and on sale it was only about 50 bucks. I also think the electric shaves closer and is more convenient. To each his own I guess, however, I don't have to buy blades or shaving cream any more. How is this a better deal?
Personally, I find with an electric shaver I still can feel stubble afterwards, plus I get a 5 o'clock shadow by midday.
The cost of blades/cream is offset by the closeness of the shave as compared to an electric shaver.

Shaving razors do give me a closer shave, though with cartridges I tend to get a lot of ingrowns/irritation because I have to go over an area multiple times to get that smooth feeling (I have thick coarse facial hair coupled with sensitive skin).
I've recently gotten a safety razor, and I find that I only have to go over an area a maximum of two times (usually once) to get a smooth shave, which means less irritation for the skin.
And as I'm prone to ingrowns, I've also found my safety razor has all but eliminated that issue.

Now the other advantage of a safety/straight razor over a cartridge shaver is even though the initial cost is high, the cost over time is much cheaper.
Replacement cartridges are insanely costly ($15-20 for 4 of my Mach Three replacement heads) versus safety razors ($15 gets me 100 replacement razors good for at least 4-6 shaves each).
I haven't had the patience for a straight razor, but they're even more cost vs closeness of shave effective, as once you buy the razor and a strop to sharpen it, you only really need the cream, patience and a steady hand.

If you have never gotten a straight razor shave from a trained barber, I'd suggest you try it at least once in your lifetime.
That way you have a true base to compare your electric shaver to.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7810 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
DuffWickstrom wrote: I am struggling with the economics which seems to be the focus of discussion. I switched a few months ago to an electric razor, and on sale it was only about 50 bucks. I also think the electric shaves closer and is more convenient. To each his own I guess, however, I don't have to buy blades or shaving cream any more. How is this a better deal?
Depending on how much you spend, an electric shaver will generally be the least costly (or at worst, parity) to a consumable razor setup. The arguments for or against the electric are entirely personal. If you find that you get a close enough shave with no irritation, then there is no rationale to abandon your electric (bonus points in that you can take it with you in your carry-on luggage).

For a lot of men, electric razors are a no go either because their facial hair is too dense or the electric razor induces irritation. If you are the type of person that cannot use an electric, than a safety razor is by far the most cost-effective way to go. Also, as azdinflash pointed out, safety razors offer a closer shave than cartridges and induce less irritation. I used to constantly get ingrown hairs and red bumps after shaving with my Braun electric or Mach 3. For a while I thought it was adult acne, but after switching to a safety razor using a two pass method it became non-existent. Just smooth, clean shaves every time.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
8488 posts
1291 upvotes
Brampton
I haven't used them yet but just as a warning for shipping they still declare the original value on the stamp when shipping. When I ordered I got the $22 kit for $11 but they still declared the value as $22. Didn't get charged customes but could be a problem for larger orders.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
1494 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP, gave it shot!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)