Tags:
None
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43214 posts
3038 upvotes
Toronto

Dota 2 Beta Key Survey

Dota 2 Is In the beta state right now, Been closed beta and now Is going to release to open beta.
They're starting to send out massive invites soon that's why they're doing this.
If you get a beta invite, Steam will also send you two invites that will go into your Steam inventory for your friends to play.

To enter the survey and have a possible chance of receiving a beta key : (The chances should be high If your computer Is strong enough!)

- Go to www.dota2.com and click "Dota 2 Survey" In the second paragraph
- It will then pop up a survey for you on Steam

There's two steps to the survey :
Step 1 : It will send your computer specification to Steam (CPU/GPU/RAM/ETC)
Step 2 : The form/application where you fill out describing your Dota 1 experience/skills and what not.

That's It, Best of luck and hope you all get Into the beta!
133 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
4064 posts
549 upvotes
Dt
its not open beta if you need an invite...
Sep 13, 2007
352 posts
95 upvotes
Toronto
So did anyone get into this? I heard they gave invites out today.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3285 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
thefleet wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2011 1:41 pm
please PM me if you have an extra key!

+1! let the begging begin!
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
2259 posts
98 upvotes
thanks for the heads up, i saw the email but could not figure out how to take the hardware survey related to dota2.
Jul 28, 2011
8 posts
Ontario
Likewise on wanting an invite if anyone has a spare. We should use this thread as a key giveaway method. If someone gets a key, you give one invite to the first person who wanted a key, then they give one to the next, etc. I've seen it done before, works pretty well for getting into a beta. If I get into the beta, I'll be sure to start it. It's random though, didn't make this round of invites.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3285 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
ShadowSpectre wrote:
Nov 4th, 2011 2:37 am
Likewise on wanting an invite if anyone has a spare. We should use this thread as a key giveaway method. If someone gets a key, you give one invite to the first person who wanted a key, then they give one to the next, etc. I've seen it done before, works pretty well for getting into a beta. If I get into the beta, I'll be sure to start it. It's random though, didn't make this round of invites.

good idea actually...
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
2573 posts
123 upvotes
If anyone has a spare key I would be forever grateful :)

TIA
Jesus saves, I spend
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2007
1740 posts
26 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Nov 5th, 2011 5:32 am
They're handing out invites every couple of days, So hopefully us RFD'ers will be lucky!
valve time
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
43214 posts
3038 upvotes
Toronto
azn_dan wrote:
Nov 4th, 2011 12:09 am
thanks for the heads up, i saw the email but could not figure out how to take the hardware survey related to dota2.
You have to update your Steam to the most updated version,
1. Open Steam - Click "Steam" @ the Top left location then "Check for Steam Client Updates"
2. Once fully updated you go to www.dota2.com and click "Dota 2 Survey" with steam open, It will then pop up a survey that's ran by steam.
3. Or instead of doing Step 1/2, Just paste this In a private chat to a friend on steam. "steam://takesurvey/1/" (No quotes, You have to paste It then hit Enter so you can see the link)
It's not too late to do It now, Good Luck!
ShadowSpectre wrote:
Nov 4th, 2011 2:37 am
You guys can do that, I need mine though for my buddies. So If someone does get a beta key invite and has two spares, Don't give them to me but the next couple of people.
x3r0123 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2011 3:59 pm
valve time
I don't get It, Does "a couple of days" mean an eternity to them?
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
2351 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
where do they send invites? to my steam account? or the email i registered steam with?
× < >