• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2019 12:13 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2018
1285 posts
904 upvotes

Downvote should be eliminated from RFD

What is the incentive to keep on posting deals one finds when you are downvoted? Much nicer for people to keep the knowledge of a deal to themselves and not having to deal with the negativity of downvotes.

IOW, people who downvote deals are actually cutting themselves from the knowledge of future deals. There is enough negativity in the world we don't need to create more here at RFD.
The first person you should love, is yourself. Otherwise you are asking others to do something that you refuse to do yourself.
18 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2010
5400 posts
2191 upvotes
You seem to really be taking this personally. The best advice you might get is to remember that this is the internet. Don't take everything so seriously. Why do you give a shit what other people think?

And, yes, I down voted this thread and rightfully so.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2018
1285 posts
904 upvotes
Conquistador wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 10:34 pm
You seem to really be taking this personally. The best advice you might get is to remember that this is the internet. Don't take everything so seriously. Why do you give a shit what other people think?

Like I said earlier, there is enough negativity in this world. No need to add more through RFD. Yet, your arguments make a lot of sense.
The first person you should love, is yourself. Otherwise you are asking others to do something that you refuse to do yourself.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
9903 posts
4363 upvotes
Toronto
Yes! Let's all think of the children!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2018
1285 posts
904 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 10:52 pm
Yes! Let's all think of the children!
There is a certain type of people who think about children all the time... I'm not one of those ;)
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
1144 posts
2213 upvotes
People downvote THREADS based on how stupid the THREAD is, not everything on this forum is DEAL related.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
10097 posts
1897 upvotes
Montréal
I don't mind down votes, just consistency so if upvotes have a name attached, so should down votes.

I disagree w someone here, sometimes ppl down vote just to be pricks. I've seen perfectly good topics and questions get down voted just for the hell of it. Makes no sense except to be annoying.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Jan 22, 2017
329 posts
46 upvotes
ALBERTA
omg.. can you imagine the amount of threads that will be posted if no downvote exists??
we would need endless threads with HOT HOT HOT in the topic title.
TRY TRY AGAIN.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11430 posts
1481 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Conquistador wrote:
Jan 4th, 2019 10:34 pm

His dob will explain everything. Shhhhh... liberal SJW millennials. They get rattled if you bend a piece of grass. *grass has feelings too* :rolleyes:

And, admittedly, another down voter here for the thread. -1.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
10715 posts
3664 upvotes
Toronto
so the last thread on this very topic was closed, so OP starts another?

Downvoted.

Here's a thought OP, stop posting crap threads and you won't get downvoted.
Last edited by Swerny on Jan 11th, 2019 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2018
1285 posts
904 upvotes
Swerny wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 12:45 pm
so the last thread on this very topic was closed, so OP starts another?

Downvoted.
Yeah I know, since cannabis is legal we all look the same... ;)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
9903 posts
4363 upvotes
Toronto
Hey Tom!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2018
1158 posts
60 upvotes
Never used downvote. I think.
But get rid of it.
You guys seem trapped by the confines of your own ideologies.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
11145 posts
5299 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I think downvotes should be only in Hot Deals and removed from subforums where low content is locked and inappropriate content is reported/deleted like before. Voting in Deals tells me if the deal is worth my time at a glance to enter the thread or not.

I used to think Shopping Discussion was a tough crowd where members were often chastised by those who thought highly of themselves. Now I see in other subs where negativity is fuelled by similar or egocentrism and lack of empathy. Although I usually care less what people say behind a keyboard, it does lower my willingness to start or reply anything helpful even it is towards a handful.

I belong to a Toyota forum where there is no downvoting at all, only a "Thanks" button. You get a vacation if you bring up anything political, sexual or inappropriate, same for name calling or derogatory towards another member no matter how minor, it's not tolerated. It is one of my favourite forums because everyone understands the decorum or it attracts people who will follow it, and we end up joking, being helpful, and talking about our lives, it's a real family/friends atmosphere with people in the U.S. and around the world.