• Jan 6th, 2019 12:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
11674 posts
2690 upvotes
Montréal

Downvoters should be made public

There's no accountability and it's annoying when ppl just anonymously downvote for no good reason. Upvoters are shown, so why not downvoters? Just a stupid option on RFD, unless its agenda is to promote negativity.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Share:
23 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2018
1013 posts
780 upvotes
GTA
I agree. I wish my downvotes were publicly shown like when I just down voted this thread.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
3384 posts
1669 upvotes
Everywhere
DaveTheDude wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 5:53 pm
I agree. I wish my downvotes were publicly shown like when I just down voted this thread.
I upvoted your downvote Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Jun 17, 2013
5120 posts
1491 upvotes
Montreal
tranquility922 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 5:29 pm
There's no accountability and it's annoying when ppl just anonymously downvote for no good reason. Upvoters are shown, so why not downvoters? Just a stupid option on RFD, unless its agenda is to promote negativity.
On the flip side. People might not down vote when it deserves one due to having people message them down downvoting.

Up and down should both be anonymous.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
1056 posts
934 upvotes
GTA
MrEmoji wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 6:28 pm
On the flip side. People might not down vote when it deserves one due to having people message them down downvoting.

Up and down should both be anonymous.
On another note, as a newbie RFD'er, after upvoting a great post, is there any way I can go back to check out the post later?

There are so many threads and posts, it's hard to keep track of posts, and I have no idea whether my +1 is included in a +15 posting.

And it seems you can upvote a post multiple times, which is strange to me lol

How does one track their own Upvotes ... or is it just a 'number' vs being able to link to the actual posts 'liked'?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4836 posts
4007 upvotes
mzmoney wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 6:40 pm
On another note, as a newbie RFD'er, after upvoting a great post, is there any way I can go back to check out the post later?

There are so many threads and posts, it's hard to keep track of posts, and I have no idea whether my +1 is included in a +15 posting.

And it seems you can upvote a post multiple times, which is strange to me lol

How does one track their own Upvotes ... or is it just a 'number' vs being able to link to the actual posts 'liked'?
You can only vote once per thread/post...
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
1056 posts
934 upvotes
GTA
superfresh89 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 11:37 pm
You can only vote once per thread/post...
Oops my mistake ... when I first joined, thought I upvoted a post 2x on mobile, and it was recorded as +2

Any insight anyone, on whether I can view my history of upvote 'posts' or is it just a number that captures my Total Upvotes?

Sorry OP @tranquility922 I realize your post was about downvotes ... and am always trying to put a positive spin on things :)

To answer your question, and given that I don't know the real history on downvotes being removed from RFD posts (even though I realize you're referencing downvotes on threads):

1. Am guessing there is too much hostility/trolls/crap threading that RFD Mods would have a lot more to deal with, if downvotes were not anonymous?

2. And as @MrEmoji said above, maybe users would downvote less, if the 'downvoted' might contact the 'downvoters' ... why does everyone care so much what others think?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4836 posts
4007 upvotes
mzmoney wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 9:29 am
Oops my mistake ... when I first joined, thought I upvoted a post 2x on mobile, and it was recorded as +2

Any insight anyone, on whether I can view my history of upvote 'posts' or is it just a number that captures my Total Upvotes?

Sorry OP @tranquility922 I realize your post was about downvotes ... and am always trying to put a positive spin on things :)

To answer your question, and given that I don't know the real history on downvotes being removed from RFD posts (even though I realize you're referencing downvotes on threads):

1. Am guessing there is too much hostility/trolls/crap threading that RFD Mods would have a lot more to deal with, if downvotes were not anonymous?

2. And as @MrEmoji said above, maybe users would downvote less, if the 'downvoted' might contact the 'downvoters' ... why does everyone care so much what others think?
The +2 means that someone else had already upvoted the same post. If a post has 5 upvotes already, when you upvote, it will show +6

You can see your upvotes on the notifications page. It's mixed up with all your other notifications. If you click on them, it will take you to the post. There's no page specifically for upvoted posts that I know of.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
1056 posts
934 upvotes
GTA
superfresh89 wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 9:39 am
The +2 means that someone else had already upvoted the same post. If a post has 5 upvotes already, when you upvote, it will show +6

You can see your upvotes on the notifications page. It's mixed up with all your other notifications. If you click on them, it will take you to the post. There's no page specifically for upvoted posts that I know of.
Yes, I realize that +1 is me and +2 may be someone else lol ... when I first joined, I thought I pressed 2x and it recorded both of my upvotes. I tested again before posting my Oops post above, and realized I was wrong. Thanks for correcting me on that :)

And I see now that I needed to click on the bubbles under the Upvotes thumbs up to see the applicable posts, as I thought it was viewable only for 'Last 5 posts upvoted'

I was also trying to click on Voting Summary - Total Upvotes Given ... and getting frustrated that it wasn't linkable

Thanks again for your help superfresh89!!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4836 posts
4007 upvotes
mzmoney wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 9:50 am
Yes, I realize that +1 is me and +2 may be someone else lol ... when I first joined, I thought I pressed 2x and it recorded both of my upvotes. I tested again before posting my Oops post above, and realized I was wrong. Thanks for correcting me on that :)

And I see now that I needed to click on the bubbles under the Upvotes thumbs up to see the applicable posts, as I thought it was viewable only for 'Last 5 posts upvoted'

I was also trying to click on Voting Summary - Total Upvotes Given ... and getting frustrated that it wasn't linkable

Thanks again for your help superfresh89!!
Hmm. Interesting lol!! I never noticed the bubbles either. I was just scrolling thru my notifications to see.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
1056 posts
934 upvotes
GTA
superfresh89 wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 9:57 am
Hmm. Interesting lol!! I never noticed the bubbles either. I was just scrolling thru my notifications to see.
Hmm, it looks like the bubble and Upvotes are only posts of my own that were Upvoted (Total Received)

vs

Posts that I upvoted (Given vs Received)

I see the Notifications page also shows Quotes and Upvotes Received ... however, I can't find anywhere showing Upvotes Given?

If you find it or if it doesn't exist, just let me know!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4836 posts
4007 upvotes
mzmoney wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 10:21 am
Hmm, it looks like the bubble and Upvotes are only posts of my own that were Upvoted (Total Received)

vs

Posts that I upvoted (Given vs Received)

I see the Notifications page also shows Quotes and Upvotes Received ... however, I can't find anywhere showing Upvotes Given?

If you find it or if it doesn't exist, just let me know!
I don't think that exists
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12120 posts
1807 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
tranquility922 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 5:29 pm
LOL. Are peeps THAT insecure these days or is it just a millennial thing?? Even if the fonts are revealed what difference does it make?? It wont change my mind one bit that I made a downvote or upvote. Are ya gonna send nasty harassing pm messages - will that make you feel better?? *welp* I'm on another forum that does reveal everything. Doesnt change anyone's decision one iota. Wont change on RFD either. Likewise peeps who give an upvote should they explain why they promote positivity according to your logic. It's the internet -- why do peeps take shit so seriously?? Upvote, downvote, no votes - it doesnt mean anything in the grand scheme of things. :rolleyes:
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
11674 posts
2690 upvotes
Montréal
aznnorth wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 12:01 am
LOL. Are peeps THAT insecure these days or is it just a millennial thing?? Even if the fonts are revealed what difference does it make?? It wont change my mind one bit that I made a downvote or upvote. Are ya gonna send nasty harassing pm messages - will that make you feel better?? *welp* I'm on another forum that does reveal everything. Doesnt change anyone's decision one iota. Wont change on RFD either. Likewise peeps who give an upvote should they explain why they promote positivity according to your logic. It's the internet -- why do peeps take shit so seriously?? Upvote, downvote, no votes - it doesnt mean anything in the grand scheme of things. :rolleyes:

No, just wanna see who are the fools...I'm sure *their* insecurity would make them refrain since they're exposed then.

This forum attracts the worst members, cheapXs have more propensity for being miserable and irritating individuals.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2012
4694 posts
577 upvotes
Ottawa
Maybe it should go by a weighted scale; the guy who downvotes once a week has his count as three downvotes, because he doesn't do it a lot so if he chooses to do it it's probably for a good reason. They guy who downvotes 20 times a day obviously has "issues", so his count as 0.05 downvotes.