Fashion & Apparel

Dr. Martens: Pay $100 more for made in England?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2017 9:28 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
1080 posts
343 upvotes
Manitoba

Dr. Martens: Pay $100 more for made in England?

I’m in the market for some new office shoes. I’ve been buying Aldo but their quality has really gone downhill. I’m looking at Dr. Marten 1461’s. The ones made in Taiwan cost $155. The ones made in England cost $265. Is the extra $100 worth it? I do want a quality shoe that will last a number of years.

Your thoughts?
8 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2005
4326 posts
515 upvotes
Unless you can get them resoled, it's rather pointless since the shoe will be done when the soles are worn out, whether be made in England or Taiwan.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15640 posts
4390 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
england
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4851 posts
724 upvotes
I'm cheap. Taiwan (as long as it's still authentic.)
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11020 posts
1520 upvotes
City of Vancouver
I have never worn this brand, but I would say go for the lower-priced Taiwan version.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1589 posts
162 upvotes
Newmarket
i use to wear martens back in my hugh school days in the early 90's Image sigh......good old angst days lol
back then all that you could get was made in england, and they were indestructible.......
if i were buying them now, i'd probably go for the cheaper version as long as it's the actual dr. martens and not a copy
Jul 31, 2017
229 posts
42 upvotes
jelena-c wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 8:45 pm
i use to wear martens back in my hugh school days in the early 90's Image sigh......good old angst days lol
back then all that you could get was made in england, and they were indestructible.......
if i were buying them now, i'd probably go for the cheaper version as long as it's the actual dr. martens and not a copy
Lol. I also had Doc's in high school, green 3 hole shoes and 8 hole black boots, which were a bit too small. I'm not sure why I bought the green color, but Doc's are awesome.

Can anyone confirm the difference between Taiwan and England quality?
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
10028 posts
905 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
I have still have 3 pairs. Just checked.. all made in england.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING