Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shoppers Drug Mart

Dr. Scholls Freeze Away

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2015 1:14 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2758 posts
1857 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
Green bananas are available at any grocery store. Careful though. In the summer, they get yellow and eventually spotty very fast. Lol !!!
TriftyTings wrote: Which location was this at?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
If this product is anything like their Skin Tag removal system, then it works great.
Aug 1, 2012
282 posts
471 upvotes
Vancouver
I've used this and it only worked on a small wart (about 2-3 mm in diameter) any thing bigger and nothing.

I recommend going to your doctor and getting Salicylic acid for warts (don't used the OTC one for acne). The Salicylic acid plus a box of band aid will be cheaper and work better. All you do is apply the cream on it once a day and cover it with a band aid. Within a week it'll start peeling off. Just continue it. I believe it may take up to 12 weeks, but it will work. I had one 3 cm in size on my foot and it's gone. :D
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
Although I have no skin problem, nice informative thread and good to know all those treatments (green banana ,duct tape,dental floss,nail polish,salicyclic acid),Thanks OP for bringing it up.
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Banned
Feb 2, 2014
1426 posts
942 upvotes
The 6
Take a knife to it and put polysporin to prevent infection IMHO. I have done this & lived to tell about it.
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2013
1458 posts
520 upvotes
Mississauga
DrunkenStupor wrote: Take a knife to it and put polysporin to prevent infection IMHO. I have done this & lived to tell about it.
Qualified surgeon in the house boys.
Banned
Feb 2, 2014
1426 posts
942 upvotes
The 6
Ferinthul wrote: Qualified surgeon in the house boys.
Not a qualified surgeon but once worked as a butcher. I am pretty decent with a knife.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4679 posts
3970 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
This stuff works OK for seborrheic keratosis (AKA age barnacles) as long as they are smallish. Stings like a summabitch on sensitive areas (no, not that area...)
I paid $25 for this product, so this is a good price.
Banned
Jan 27, 2015
172 posts
89 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I wash my feet daily, never had a wart. Just saying.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4679 posts
3970 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
nomnomdeals wrote: I wash my feet daily, never had a wart. Just saying.
Washing your feet has nothing to do with getting warts. Just saying.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2001
2497 posts
388 upvotes
Ajax
or you can get compressed air, cut a q-tip in half that's hollow and it fits into the nozzle of the compressed air. turn can upside down. Works well with dollarama air.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4679 posts
3970 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Kuurgen wrote: or you can get compressed air, cut a q-tip in half that's hollow and it fits into the nozzle of the compressed air. turn can upside down. Works well with dollarama air.
Wow. As much as I'm of a DIY mindset, that's just way to MacGyver for me.
Good to know if I'm ever trapped on a remote deserted island after my cargo plane crashes carrying a shipment of Dollarama products, and I feel I really need to deal with those warts :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2014
1307 posts
1258 upvotes
Toronto, ON
LeafsFan91 wrote: I've used this and it only worked on a small wart (about 2-3 mm in diameter) any thing bigger and nothing.

I recommend going to your doctor and getting Salicylic acid for warts (don't used the OTC one for acne). The Salicylic acid plus a box of band aid will be cheaper and work better. All you do is apply the cream on it once a day and cover it with a band aid. Within a week it'll start peeling off. Just continue it. I believe it may take up to 12 weeks, but it will work. I had one 3 cm in size on my foot and it's gone. :D
Best thing is to just go to the doctor and they'll use liquid nitrogen to freeze it off for free. I had a wart on the side of my ring finger once and I tried to get rid of it by abrasing it, but it grew back because I think they're viral. Went to the doctor, he froze it off in 3 minutes and it's never come back since.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2001
2497 posts
388 upvotes
Ajax
MrFrugal1 wrote: Wow. As much as I'm of a DIY mindset, that's just way to MacGyver for me.
Good to know if I'm ever trapped on a remote deserted island after my cargo plane crashes carrying a shipment of Dollarama products, and I feel I really need to deal with those warts :cheesygri
And you call yourself Mr. Frugal. HAH!
Sep 12, 2008
580 posts
201 upvotes
Hamilton, on
kenze wrote: That stuff is garbage.

I had a bad case of plantar warts long ago and tried pretty much everything, but only 1 thing worked : Bananas

Don't waste your money on these chemicals.. just buy the greenest bananas you can find and rub the inside of its skin against the wart for about 20 seconds and leave it overnight. Even better if you can tape it to your foot :razz:

Do this for about 2 to 3 weeks continuously. Problem solved.
I have very good success with brown pottery clay. Came to me when i was in highschool art class. For one week we did sculpting (the type you have to bake after). Finished the week with a pretty decent pirate head ash tray and took care of a pretty embarrassing amount of warts. 100% gone in one week.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
Will this work on dogs?
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
3793 posts
2617 upvotes
Montreal
nomnomdeals wrote: I wash my feet daily, never had a wart. Just saying.
I should use this as my signature. Haha
Jun 5, 2008
681 posts
414 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Becks wrote: What is a good duct tape brand that doesn't fall off in the bath?
Liquid bandaid maybe. Never tried it on warts though.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)