Jul 27, 2009
2392 posts
461 upvotes
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
Reviews aren't surprising, it was bound to be a top game. I'm waiting until I finish the first two DA's before I pick this one up though.
Aug 20, 2009
9827 posts
5935 upvotes
Just finished reading some of the reviews, looks like we finally have some true potential GOTY material there.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
Redmask wrote: Just finished reading some of the reviews, looks like we finally have some true potential GOTY material there.
I know, damn it. I'm going to have to try and barrel through DA 1&2 quickly.
Aug 20, 2009
9827 posts
5935 upvotes
DA:O is going to take you like 40 hours even if you rush, you can't do it in time :)

DA2 can be done in like 20-25 if you ignore most of the crappy sidequests.

I would just go through them at their normal pace and just grab DA:I when its cheaper and patched up.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
6673 posts
2688 upvotes
calgary
I could not get into either DA 1 or 2 but this game sounds great. I'll give my EA Access copy a shot and see if I can get into it.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2009
2968 posts
685 upvotes
Guess they knew they had a great game on their hands lifting the embargo a week before release. Hopefully Futureshop let me modify my E3 order to add this game.
Aug 29, 2014
309 posts
32 upvotes
Thunder Bay, ON
expect 80+ hrs out of DAI to beat the game
2003 Ford Ranger Std Cab
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
1506 posts
135 upvotes
Never really looked into the series until today, wow seems like I will be picking this game up, seems like a really good RPG.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
2245 posts
457 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote: Just finished reading some of the reviews, looks like we finally have some true potential GOTY material there.
Bayonetta 2 stands in it's way. Comparing it to the "must plays" of Destiny, FarCry 4, COD, and the remakes of MasterChief etc and all the other games that are in-between it looks as it's above the rest. Of course I'm taking this all as a general collective, as everyone these days has different tastes and reasons to play a game or series.
cruisx wrote: Never really looked into the series until today, wow seems like I will be picking this game up, seems like a really good RPG.
Same here, I'm trying to experience new games I've never played and it seems some older titles revamped are going into my library.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
998 upvotes
Vaughan
yogakun wrote: Bayonetta 2 stands in it's way. Comparing it to the "must plays" of Destiny, FarCry 4, COD, and the remakes of MasterChief etc and all the other games that are in-between it looks as it's above the rest. Of course I'm taking this all as a general collective, as everyone these days has different tastes and reasons to play a game or series.

Same here, I'm trying to experience new games I've never played and it seems some older titles revamped are going into my library.
Honestly, seems like Bayonetta 2 / Super Smash Wii U / Dragon Age might be competing for GOTY. Unless I'm missing something.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
I'm glad to hear the game is getting good reviews and I loved DA:O but I'm so not ready to dive into another 50 hour RPG right now. Soooo many games backlogged and more on the way ugh #firstworldproblems
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2009
2968 posts
685 upvotes
Nice Futureshop let me switch FFXV for this game. This should hold me over until Witcher 3.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1954 upvotes
Elmira
I think I stopped playing the previous one because it became ridiculously difficult half way through.. I'm a very casual gamer.. Wonder if this one will be the same
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
duckdown wrote: I think I stopped playing the previous one because it became ridiculously difficult half way through.. I'm a very casual gamer.. Wonder if this one will be the same
I don't remember DA2 being difficult, but I do remember it being repetitive. It felt much smaller than DA1. There were only so many places you could go, lots of caves were the same. Hopefully this ones more like DA1. I want my starmetal sword back... I loved having the best sword in the game being made from left over metal from Superman's landing on earth... lol.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
9113 posts
2403 upvotes
Jaimz2k wrote: expect 80+ hrs out of DAI to beat the game
Reviewers say that's just for the main plot and doesn't include all the side stuff you can do.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12875 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto
sweet can't wait for the game. I did e3 order without looking into it, only going by how much i enjoyed dragon age 1

Debating should i switch to pc version or keep ps3 copy...
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure