• Oct 21st, 2020 7:58 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2014
1637 posts
852 upvotes
Toronto, ON, CA
Lol anyone see that fight towards the end, it seemed a little exaggerated but could see why Rob and Kev were pissed. Lori and Daymond didn't even let Rob or mark get a question in, they forced the kid into taking an offer. They know nothing about technology as it is lol.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
lumin-aid - great concept and its useful
taaluma totes - the owners are thinking differently
Keen home - I thought the Sharks will all reject, but apparently not. A pricey doo dad, but not everyone will purchase this.
Scholly - I feel sorry for Lori and Daymond. They don't know the background of the algorithms and such, and could be a nasty trap.

Also LOL at the argument towards the end.
Blanka
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6112 posts
660 upvotes
SW Ontario
th12mq wrote: Shark Tank by far is better than Dragons Den I think. It just appears to me everyones has a lot of energy but more relaxed and having fun while making deals. In Dragons Den I feel like its a lot more serious tone and less vibrant. Also, the ideas are cool and the deals in Shark Tank are often bigger. Maybe thats one of the reasons why Kevin and Robert left Dragons Den...?

My favorite are Robert and Mark Cuban.
Have you ever watched the UK version of Dragon's Den? <<yawn>> it's soooo slow and drawn out and boring.. I had to stop watching it. lots of dramatic pauses I felt. but relaxed it was lol.
2009M5 wrote: Lol anyone see that fight towards the end, it seemed a little exaggerated but could see why Rob and Kev were pissed. Lori and Daymond didn't even let Rob or mark get a question in, they forced the kid into taking an offer. They know nothing about technology as it is lol.
the other guys would have done the same though. Sometimes they play a little dirty. They usually get some more information first.

They always have time to check things out further before they finalize the deal. But if they don't go through with it in the next stage then the business will really lose out as they didn't get a chance to hear from the others.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2014
1637 posts
852 upvotes
Toronto, ON, CA
djemzine wrote: lumin-aid - great concept and its useful
taaluma totes - the owners are thinking differently
Keen home - I thought the Sharks will all reject, but apparently not. A pricey doo dad, but not everyone will purchase this.
Scholly - I feel sorry for Lori and Daymond. They don't know the background of the algorithms and such, and could be a nasty trap.

Also LOL at the argument towards the end.
Keen Home just needs to walk down Silicon Valley and they'll raise like $50M in venture capital. It's crazy down there. Surprised the two guys didn't do that already, I guess it's because they live in NYC.
I'm guessing the sharks got in on the deal so they could try to get one of those inflated valuations.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
7082 posts
5211 upvotes
In regards to Scholly,

I think Daymond and Lori believed in what the guy said and honestly they don't seem to have a lot of experience in the Tech field. At least from what I know/what the show says about them.

There probably was someone on the show with more experience that could build up the app better and quicker in some way.

Perhaps he could have got a better offer, but if the others believed and saw the vision, they should have made some kind of offer.

A number of times the sharks have forced entrepreneurs into deals ... it wasn't the first time it's happened.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4128 posts
946 upvotes
Sask.
^ I just read that, blew me away. Well, he's charming - hope he can dance!
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17433 posts
12781 upvotes
Toronto
natalka wrote: ^ I just read that, blew me away. Well, he's charming - hope he can dance!
Shark Tank is on the rise while Dancing is on the decline.
Maybe ABC gently pushed him that way.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4128 posts
946 upvotes
Sask.
I just discovered Next Gen Den - on the CBC webside of Dragon's Den. Very interesting - they should put those investors on the main show! Their profiles are at the very bottom of the main page. Short episodes of 10 min.

http://www.cbc.ca/dragonsden/nextgenden
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
6634 posts
1250 upvotes
Toronto
IS there any website that list all the ideas that has been presented to date? I watch it occasionally but most days I don't have time.
GTA Housing: Supply is the only Metrics that Matters ... until its solved.
Stay in the know - subscribe.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2014
1637 posts
852 upvotes
Toronto, ON, CA
Lol. This Naja Lingerie lady was worse than the Coffee Meets Bagel people. She looked smug the entire time, and tried to prove the Sharks wrong on every single thing.
Not a surprise that they all want to some elitist business school.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
2009M5 wrote: Lol. This Naja Lingerie lady was worse than the Coffee Meets Bagel people. She looked smug the entire time, and tried to prove the Sharks wrong on every single thing.
Not a surprise that they all want to some elitist business school.
That lady was full of herself. $150K in sales and she wanted a 10 million valuation because some fatcat in Silicon Valley paid for a drawing on a napkin. She was useless and didn't even listen to the Sharks. Not even sure what was so special about the Lingerie, it had a message instead. LOL.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
3285 posts
1276 upvotes
Interesting news...Joe Fresh and Club Monaco founder joining the Den
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
redsfan wrote: Interesting news...Joe Fresh and Club Monaco founder joining the Den
Nice so the guy and his wife are joining the show. Will be interesting to see the Husband and Wife team change the show. Hopefully this will revamp the dull show that it has become.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4128 posts
946 upvotes
Sask.
Interesting additions for DD - Minhas and her brother I have heard of - and the other, I guess they read my previous post about the Next Gen.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
jenviea wrote: Robert Herjavic will be on the latest edition of Dancing with the Stars

http://www.people.com/article/dancing-w ... erek-hough
TMZ caught him on camera getting real intimate on the street with his dancing partner/choreographer chick. Money, eh?

Of course, he denied it and said they were just hanging out. :lol:
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
Scorpionsy wrote: TMZ caught him on camera getting real intimate on the street with his dancing partner/choreographer chick. Money, eh?

Of course, he denied it and said they were just hanging out. :lol:
He divorced his wife just before starting on Dancing with the stars. He went on the show to hook up.