Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Dricore price drop and rebate (Nov 13-23)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2009 7:07 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 14, 2005
1591 posts
66 upvotes

[Home Depot] Dricore price drop and rebate (Nov 13-23)

[rfdlink=87]Home Depot[/rfdlink] has reduced their price on Dricore subfloor panels to $6.47 each.

Additionally, during the "Basement Reno Event" at [rfdlink=87]Home Depot[/rfdlink] (Nov 13th to Nov 23rd) you are eligible for a $75 HD gift card (mail-in) with the purchase of $750 Dricore..

Dricore has essentially never gone on sale and these promotions for 10% back as a gift card are as good as I've seen.
59 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2006
1028 posts
12 upvotes
I've been considering taking the plunge on this myself. They also have the interest/payment free thing until January 2010.

*sigh*....the stuff would just sit in my basement until next spring anyway. :( I'm way too busy to start this project yet.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
1868 posts
190 upvotes
Burlington
6.47 seems org price...
Deal Addict
May 20, 2003
2864 posts
24 upvotes
Yeah they dropped the price a while back. I think it used to be closer to $7.
Banned
May 8, 2008
367 posts
2 upvotes
If you're doing any kind of project of a reasonable size, just Platon membrane and sheets of OSB / Plywood. Much cheaper.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 28, 2004
1708 posts
15 upvotes
North York
I did this in my basement. You can lay flooring right on top of it.
I put laminate right over it (with an intermediate layer of soundproofing-probablt not required any more as most laminate has a sound deadening backing).
It has worked very well and was much faster and cheaper to lay down than that Dricore or equivalent material.
http://www.deltafl.com/
The perfect plastic subfloor system for concrete and slab on grade floors.


Material
This air-gap membrane is made up of a special high-density polyethylene resin (FDA approved), providing a dimpled surface with outstanding compressive strength, impact resistance and long-term performance.

Product Description
DELTA
_________________________________________
http://www.onthehoist.com
Free Airbag Deployment Search
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 11, 2005
18565 posts
1009 upvotes
bmnb4tches wrote:
Nov 12th, 2008 1:04 pm
If you're doing any kind of project of a reasonable size, just Platon membrane and sheets of OSB / Plywood. Much cheaper.
Having used both I would have to say the time and labour you will save doing the Dricore more than makes up for the small added cost. The DriCore system is so much simpler and faster than affixing your own T&G OSB over platon it isn't even comparable.

I literally did an entire 24' x 36' basement in 1 day with DriCore. With Platon and my own OSB, it took me a whole day and a half to do just a 12' x 8' room. It takes so much longer for several reasons

- Having to cut the OSB and Platon to size, both of which are much more of a PITA to work with than the DriCore, which can be cut in two swipes of a 12" chop saw

- Joining large sheets of T&G OSB is a huge PITA as well, because they never join well or properly, every sheet is different. The DriCore all being made in the same factory with percision means the T&G in it join perfect every time.

- Affixing the OSB into the concrete when you are done takes a long time and a lot of work, no matter which way you do it (either the shotgun shell system or with lots of tapcons). With DriCore because it is a floating floor, you just stick it together and it is done.

EDIT: if all you are planing on doing of course is laminate, then Platon / Delta-FL is superior, because you don't need T&G on top at all, it can be laid directly over the Platon / Delta-FL. but if you are going to do carpet or any other floor, you will need T&G on top.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 20, 2005
844 posts
5 upvotes
sorry for the newb question, but what is T&G?

so if I plan to put down laminate flooring, all I have to do is roll out the Delta-FL and put the laminate directly on top of it?

Does the Delta-FL have to be glued down?

pogs :cheesygri
brunes wrote:
Nov 12th, 2008 1:32 pm
Having used both I would have to say the time and labour you will save doing the Dricore more than makes up for the small added cost. The DriCore system is so much simpler and faster than affixing your own T&G OSB over platon it isn't even comparable.

I literally did an entire 24' x 36' basement in 1 day with DriCore. With Platon and my own OSB, it took me a whole day and a half to do just a 12' x 8' room. It takes so much longer for several reasons

- Having to cut the OSB and Platon to size, both of which are much more of a PITA to work with than the DriCore, which can be cut in two swipes of a 12" chop saw

- Joining large sheets of T&G OSB is a huge PITA as well, because they never join well or properly, every sheet is different. The DriCore all being made in the same factory with percision means the T&G in it join perfect every time.

- Affixing the OSB into the concrete when you are done takes a long time and a lot of work, no matter which way you do it (either the shotgun shell system or with lots of tapcons). With DriCore because it is a floating floor, you just stick it together and it is done.

EDIT: if all you are planing on doing of course is laminate, then Platon / Delta-FL is superior, because you don't need T&G on top at all, it can be laid directly over the Platon / Delta-FL. but if you are going to do carpet or any other floor, you will need T&G on top.
Dec 31, 1969
I was debating getting the dricore but Kent has the barricade panels which I can get for 7.20 a panel (regularly 8 dollars for a 2' x 2' panel. these have the R3.2 foam on the bottom. To me this seems better than no insulation.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 11, 2005
18565 posts
1009 upvotes
mxz600 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2008 1:49 pm
I was debating getting the dricore but Kent has the barricade panels which I can get for 7.20 a panel (regularly 8 dollars for a 2' x 2' panel. these have the R3.2 foam on the bottom. To me this seems better than no insulation.
In reality either system has basically the same R value. in The DriCore case your T&G actually is totally separated from the floor by an air barrier, in the Barricade case it has a foam barrier. Both have decent R value. For me it was more about moisture, I feel more comfortable having hard plastic sitting in a puddle of water than foam, which may float? Or mould even, who knows, I don't see much on the Barricade site about it being a vapour barrier, which is what the DriCore is designed for.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 11, 2005
18565 posts
1009 upvotes
pogs wrote:
Nov 12th, 2008 1:49 pm
sorry for the newb question, but what is T&G?

so if I plan to put down laminate flooring, all I have to do is roll out the Delta-FL and put the laminate directly on top of it?

Does the Delta-FL have to be glued down?

pogs :cheesygri
T&G = Tongue and groove plywood / OSB. It is plywood than has a tongue on two sides and a groove on the other two sides, so you can snap the panels together to form a floor.

Yes, you can lay laminate directly over Delta-FL or Platon membrane without any T&G in between. All you need is the laminate foam membrane (which you need with laminate regardless of what it is being installed over).

So if all you are doing and ever plan to do is laminate, then Delta-FL / Platon is definitely the superior system because it is very quick and simple by itself.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Dec 31, 1969
OUI! Laminate! it must be the worst flooring material invented. when we were looking at buying a house, when we walked in, if we see Laminate, we just walked out.

its cheap, feels cold all the time, and feels and looks terrible. The worst is the feel of it under your cold feet.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 20, 2005
844 posts
5 upvotes
mxz600 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2008 2:10 pm
OUI! Laminate! it must be the worst flooring material invented. when we were looking at buying a house, when we walked in, if we see Laminate, we just walked out.

its cheap, feels cold all the time, and feels and looks terrible. The worst is the feel of it under your cold feet.
Huh...I'm not sure I share your point of view. Is it because it sometimes looks like the fake wood that it is? Doesn't it depend on cost and the price you are willing to pay?

I guess if you have a bottomless wallet, then by all means, but for those that cannot afford any sized budget, I think laminate flooring is a nice alternative to carpet or whatever else is available to put down on a floor.

anyone else have any thoughts or options on flooring?

pogs
× < >

Top