Tags:
None
19 replies
Banned
May 5, 2005
13286 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
God's chariot compliments of the Germans.

Did anyone notice that guy was holding back? Those were pretty tamed drifts, imo. If the car was stolen then it would have been a different story.
Joe Zawinul
1932 - 2007
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
3010 posts
192 upvotes
Waterloo
Google Video is truly amazing.

if im ever bored of have nothing to do i know have Google :)

go google go
:arrow: :arrowl:
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15213 posts
1671 upvotes
Markham
seems like he's FORCING a drift by flooring it... not that impressive (especially for those that have seen the Drift Bible)
ShadowVlican
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25310 posts
2536 upvotes
Markham, ON
one question...is there no german word for top speed?

but i agree...wasnt very smooth..."seems like he's FORCING a drift by flooring it"
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7813 posts
852 upvotes
Vancouver
ShadowVlican wrote:seems like he's FORCING a drift by flooring it... not that impressive (especially for those that have seen the Drift Bible)
LOL sure
How can I be broke when I am saving so much?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2003
7931 posts
48 upvotes
Burnaby
well i think its the car thats holding him back from drifting insanely

this car simply has too much grip and traction

its engine sounds so much like an F1 ferrari
but not as loud of course
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
3174 posts
1083 upvotes
Toronto
what a beautiful machine..

thanks for the vid! :)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2004
5823 posts
30 upvotes
Markham
Some of those corners are way too tight for the guy to do any high speed drifts.....the combination of the low speed and the grip is making it snap really awkwardly, like he's really forcing it instead of letting momentum carry it through.

And heck, it'd take a LOT of balls to go all-out and get some serious drift angle/momentum in a car of this calibre....
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26998 posts
4337 upvotes
jollyeskimo wrote: And heck, it'd take a LOT of balls to go all-out and get some serious drift angle/momentum in a car of this calibre....
the keywords here are skill and experience with thrashing high powered cars
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2004
5823 posts
30 upvotes
Markham
well that's pretty much a given with the CGT... if you're driving it on its limits it's gonna bite your head off on a tiny little mistake.
Jan 30, 2004
138 posts
21 upvotes
ShadowVlican wrote:seems like he's FORCING a drift by flooring it... not that impressive (especially for those that have seen the Drift Bible)

I love people that watch couple of videos on internet and think they know everything about drifting.

First of all, drift cars, are set up exactly for that, drifting.
Porsche GT is designed for completely different thing, grip.

Who cares about drifting anyway?? It's a useless way to get around the corners.

P.S. Great video, the sound of CGT is just amazing.
P.P.S. What freaks me out, is that people would rather spend their money on more expensive, but slower, uglier, less exclusive SLR.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2005
2986 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
OIC, that explains why I can't drift, my car isn't 600k. :lol:

Speaking of SLR, saw a silver one on 4th street in Vancouver 3 days ago, I think it was turning into QLT. This car blends in with the crowd, I'm not impressed.
Dec 4, 2003
601 posts
2 upvotes
Some of the best professional drivers in the world find the CGT to be a handful and have had their hands full driving it to its max.

A mere automotive journalist, who incidentally would be paying for the rest of his life if he made a mistake LOL, can certainly do no better.

Still he got to thrash it around and that's more than most of us can ever say about our relationship with this mythical beastie.
Jan 30, 2004
138 posts
21 upvotes
mudmojo wrote: A mere automotive journalist, who incidentally would be paying for the rest of his life if he made a mistake LOL, can certainly do no better.

Ever heard of insurance?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2003
7931 posts
48 upvotes
Burnaby
SickFinga wrote:Ever heard of insurance?
ever heard of death by going off a cliff?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
7432 posts
2245 upvotes
Etobicoke
For those who have driven the 911 series of rear engined Porsches, you know that the rear engine design makes the car really easy to initiate a rear wheel slide while braking into the corners. A bit of drop throttle or blip the brake (the brake one is really hard to do though) and the tail comes around. Then, just mash the gas at the right time and you can slide around a corner.

Of course, this is a lot easier said than done. And that driver sure has a lot of balls to slide that car around a tight road. May be it's easier in a car like the GT than the older 911s. But that's one question I won't ever find out for myself.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2003
7931 posts
48 upvotes
Burnaby
eelfliw wrote:For those who have driven the 911 series of rear engined Porsches, you know that the rear engine design makes the car really easy to initiate a rear wheel slide while braking into the corners. A bit of drop throttle or blip the brake (the brake one is really hard to do though) and the tail comes around. Then, just mash the gas at the right time and you can slide around a corner.

Of course, this is a lot easier said than done. And that driver sure has a lot of balls to slide that car around a tight road. May be it's easier in a car like the GT than the older 911s. But that's one question I won't ever find out for myself.
only the old 911's are easier to slide but seriously, porsche has designed the 911 so well that its really hard to slide it
it sticks to the road so damn well that u wont think its a rear engine mount, it gets thru the corners really really well

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)