• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2017 10:52 pm
Tags:
53 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1390 posts
468 upvotes
It speeds up the metabolism, barely... doesn't release Free fatty acids to be burned. Is a stimulant, they all speed up metabolism.

I guess brushing your teeth makes you lose weight too

Didn't think you'd be the one to post this haha
You seem to have read your stuff a bit first.

If anyone needs to lose weight you eat less and exercise.
You can hire a nutritionist or use a online nutrition service like avatar nutrition to help guide you on the right diet.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10709 posts
1437 upvotes
City of Vancouver
It suppresses appetite.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10736 posts
1408 upvotes
Toronto
Becks wrote:
Jul 4th, 2017 1:03 pm
It suppresses appetite.
If this is true, then all AYCE restaurants should offer free coffee with dinner purchase... :twisted:
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1390 posts
468 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Jul 5th, 2017 11:15 am
If this is true, then all AYCE restaurants should offer free coffee with dinner purchase... :twisted:
caffeine does, maybe black coffee

regular coffee nope !
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10709 posts
1437 upvotes
City of Vancouver
I'm sorry it doesn't work for you, but I drink non-black, non-sugared coffee. It suppresses appetite. That's probably why a lot of ppl skip breakfast and only drink coffee in the morning --- because they don't feel hungry. I also drink ~3 cups of water prior to my coffee to rehydrate after I wake up.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1390 posts
468 upvotes
Becks wrote:
Jul 5th, 2017 1:36 pm
I'm sorry it doesn't work for you, but I drink non-black, non-sugared coffee. It suppresses appetite. That's probably why a lot of ppl skip breakfast and only drink coffee in the morning --- because they don't feel hungry. I also drink ~3 cups of water prior to my coffee to rehydrate after I wake up.
lol makes sense why you're not hungry now...
Jun 18, 2017
87 posts
25 upvotes
Vancouver
The problem being, most people are going to think "coffee" is a large double double or a starbucks mocha frap and end up taking on even more calories from sugar/cream/etc.

The metabolic jump from coffee is measurable (and probably all legal ingested stimulants like guarana, taurine, etc), but not what I'd call significant and definitely shouldn't be the center piece of some kind of weight loss plan in my opinion.
That's my name...
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10709 posts
1437 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Aren't there a bunch of RFDers (maybe paleo diet ppl?) who are doing the bulletproof coffee thing?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4007 posts
315 upvotes
Becks wrote:
Jul 5th, 2017 2:53 pm
Aren't there a bunch of ppl on here who are doing the bulletproof coffee thing?
Yes as part of a Ketogenic 'diet'
I don't do downvotes but feel free to downvote me.👎
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1390 posts
468 upvotes
blexann wrote:
Jul 5th, 2017 2:55 pm
Yes as part of a Ketogenic 'diet'
wow...people are still falling for fad diets(bulletproof)?
Last edited by toronto19850 on Jul 5th, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1390 posts
468 upvotes
PuddinTame wrote:
Jul 5th, 2017 2:45 pm
The problem being, most people are going to think "coffee" is a large double double or a starbucks mocha frap and end up taking on even more calories from sugar/cream/etc.

The metabolic jump from coffee is measurable (and probably all legal ingested stimulants like guarana, taurine, etc), but not what I'd call significant and definitely shouldn't be the center piece of some kind of weight loss plan in my opinion.
People will do anything to lose weight which is why articles on it are so popular. Even though the article basically cherry picks study data and will have no benefit to anyone, people read it and click on it. Of course making an article on having to actually eat healthy and exercise will get no interest like a magic drink/pill/food will
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4007 posts
315 upvotes
toronto19850 wrote:
Jul 5th, 2017 4:35 pm
wow...people are still falling for fad diets(bulletproof)?
Yes
I don't do downvotes but feel free to downvote me.👎
Jul 4, 2017
13 posts
1 upvote
I lost a lot of weight by cutting out sugar and cream for my coffee. It took me a while to get used to it but I like my coffee black now.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1390 posts
468 upvotes
blexann wrote:
Jul 5th, 2017 5:05 pm
Yes
I've never even heard of the bulletproof diet, do you eat kevlar and become bulletproof? or shoot yourself with a gun until you kill all the fat?

whoever came up with that name needs to be fired