• Aug 3rd, 2017 7:21 pm
Tags:
Jun 18, 2017
156 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver
toronto19850 wrote:
Jul 5th, 2017 6:03 pm
I've never even heard of the bulletproof diet, do you eat kevlar and become bulletproof? or shoot yourself with a gun until you kill all the fat?

whoever came up with that name needs to be fired shot
Just sayin...
That's my name...
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3775 posts
451 upvotes
Aurora
Also part of an "ECA stack" consisting of ephedrine, caffeine, and aspirin known decades ago and used to increase metabolism to lose fat. I've heard benefits are real but small. There are also negative health issues.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1407 posts
481 upvotes
DiceMan wrote:
Jul 5th, 2017 7:55 pm
Also part of an "ECA stack" consisting of ephedrine, caffeine, and aspirin known decades ago and used to increase metabolism to lose fat. I've heard benefits are real but small. There are also negative health issues.
ECA does something else other than boost metabolism, benefits are actually quite drastic with a good diet.

negative health issues are rare, of course if you have health issues or anything that has to do with not being able to take stimulants then you can die. If not, then there are no negative health issues. Which ones are you talking about?
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1129 posts
254 upvotes
Don't mean to hijack your thread, but recently I've become addicted to iced coffee instead of buying a hot cup of coffee in the summer. My question is which fast food chain serves the best tasting iced coffee?
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1407 posts
481 upvotes
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Jul 5th, 2017 9:42 pm
Don't mean to hijack your thread, but recently I've become addicted to iced coffee instead of buying a hot cup of coffee in the summer. My question is which fast food chain serves the best tasting iced coffee?
if you ask on RFD they will say mcdonalds/starbucks/ or the "make it yourself because everything not made by them tastes bad" lol
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10917 posts
1472 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 1:30 am
if you ask on RFD they will say mcdonalds/starbucks/ or the "make it yourself because everything not made by them tastes bad" lol
How do you know that? Why didn't you post a link to the thread you speak of???
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1407 posts
481 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 3:01 am
How do you know that? Why didn't you post a link to the thread you speak of???
just click on the mcdonald dollar drink thread...also who down voted him for asking a question?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10917 posts
1472 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 8:33 am
just click on the mcdonald dollar drink thread...also who down voted him for asking a question?
I'm guessing it was people who think that question deserves it's own thread...strictly a guess.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3775 posts
451 upvotes
Aurora
toronto19850 wrote:
Jul 5th, 2017 8:58 pm
ECA does something else other than boost metabolism, benefits are actually quite drastic with a good diet.

negative health issues are rare, of course if you have health issues or anything that has to do with not being able to take stimulants then you can die. If not, then there are no negative health issues. Which ones are you talking about?
Actually, I've used ECA quite effectively years ago to hit a personal goal of 10% BF and I have no complaints about it. I've heard that FDA banned ephedrine though I don't know if you can get it in Canada or not.

In my experience, neither ECA or any of it's components really creates a dramatic fat loss effect, with or without diet. The combination of the supplement PLUS great diet PLUS much exercise does help but I don't want anyone thinking they can down twelve cups of coffee a day sitting on their butts and expect any meaningful results.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1407 posts
481 upvotes
DiceMan wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 4:58 pm
Actually, I've used ECA quite effectively years ago to hit a personal goal of 10% BF and I have no complaints about it. I've heard that FDA banned ephedrine though I don't know if you can get it in Canada or not.

In my experience, neither ECA or any of it's components really creates a dramatic fat loss effect, with or without diet. The combination of the supplement PLUS great diet PLUS much exercise does help but I don't want anyone thinking they can down twelve cups of coffee a day sitting on their butts and expect any meaningful results.
If I am not mistaken FDA banned ephedrine to be sold as a supplement in USA, here in Canada it's readily available and in the USA you cannot buy it at a supplement store but you can at the pharmacy as BRONKAID

What dose were you taking the ECA stack at and were you using ephedrine HCL or the blend which contains a drug that stops all the fat burning benefits out of it (I forget the name of it)? It was made because people were complaining about the stimulant like effects that ephedrine gave them. Or did you take Ephedra?

Non the less theres many studied that show people who took ECA and lost fat over a period of time (not signifiant amounts, I think a couple lbs over a couple of months without exercise) so to say it doesn't work would be nonsense.
Jun 18, 2017
156 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver
I thought the ephedra ban was because it was a relatively accessible precursor for making methamphetamine, not because of any health concerns pro or con.
That's my name...
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1407 posts
481 upvotes
PuddinTame wrote:
Jul 6th, 2017 6:51 pm
I thought the ephedra ban was because it was a relatively accessible precursor for making methamphetamine, not because of any health concerns pro or con.
On February 11, 2004, FDA published in the Federal Register a final rule that established a regulation declaring dietary supplements containing ephedrine alkaloids adulterated under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act because they present an unreasonable risk of illness or injury under the conditions of use recommended or suggested in labeling, or if no conditions of use are suggested or recommended in labeling, under ordinary conditions of use (69 FR 6787).
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10917 posts
1472 upvotes
Toronto
Just thought of something:
Does this mean that if Joe so and so drinks at least one energy drink a day as their daily "perk up", but they replace that energy drink with a large double double coffee instead each morning...they'll lose weight??
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9728 posts
837 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 12:17 pm
Just thought of something:
Does this mean that if Joe so and so drinks at least one energy drink a day as their daily "perk up", but they replace that energy drink with a large double double coffee instead each morning...they'll lose weight??
You're replacing one high calorie drink with a higher calorie drink.
May 14, 2013
323 posts
233 upvotes
Edmonton
if you drank coffee straight, no sugar or crème. the caffeine alone will boost your heart rate and that will assist you in working harder in whatever you do, so essentially you are burning more calories when your body does anything due to the caffeine boost. that's why people take caffeine pills to improve their workouts as a way to help lose weight... unfortunately to get that type of boost from drinking coffee alone you need to drink 3-4 cups to get that stimulation from a single caffeine pill.