Tags:
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1407 posts
483 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Jul 7th, 2017 12:17 pm
Just thought of something:
Does this mean that if Joe so and so drinks at least one energy drink a day as their daily "perk up", but they replace that energy drink with a large double double coffee instead each morning...they'll lose weight??
They wouldn't lose any more brain cells since they have none, and no they would not lose weight, if anything gain weight.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36672 posts
2540 upvotes
Toronto
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Jul 5th, 2017 9:42 pm
Don't mean to hijack your thread, but recently I've become addicted to iced coffee instead of buying a hot cup of coffee in the summer. My question is which fast food chain serves the best tasting iced coffee?
Do you like a strong coffee? Vietnamese ice coffee is great for that... really any vietnamese pho shop will have it. Its slow drip espeesso beans. So taste is amazing!!

A bit bold for some... but delicious if you enjoy that sorta thing. It has condensed milk and ice :)
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1407 posts
483 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:
Jul 9th, 2017 4:46 am
Do you like a strong coffee? Vietnamese ice coffee is great for that... really any vietnamese pho shop will have it. Its slow drip espeesso beans. So taste is amazing!!

A bit bold for some... but delicious if you enjoy that sorta thing. It has condensed milk and ice :)
doesn't bubble tea have condensed milk? might have just been a specific drink one of my friends got at tenren no clue, I drink those occasionally cause they taste amazing...do you know if you can order Vietnamese ice coffee at tenren?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36672 posts
2540 upvotes
Toronto
toronto19850 wrote:
Jul 9th, 2017 12:35 pm
doesn't bubble tea have condensed milk? might have just been a specific drink one of my friends got at tenren no clue, I drink those occasionally cause they taste amazing...do you know if you can order Vietnamese ice coffee at tenren?
No they don't do slow trip coffee. Its just so durastically different from their offerings. Any viet sandwich or pho shop will have. Hard to screw up making it... unless they use bad beans.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1407 posts
483 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:
Jul 9th, 2017 2:04 pm
No they don't do slow trip coffee. Its just so durastically different from their offerings. Any viet sandwich or pho shop will have. Hard to screw up making it... unless they use bad beans.
Well that won't make you lose any weight, I remember looking at bubble tea calories... I ussualy get the super huge one cause it's the best bang for buck. I mean all the small medium large sizes last a couple minutes.
The huge one is I think 1.5L big or so, they have them at chat time now and always had them at realfruitbubbletea

Anyways it's like 1000 calories...I can only assume the Vietnamese iced coffee is similar if it's the same size
Mar 14, 2017
41 posts
9 upvotes
You'll loose weight initially because it's a diuretic / appetite suppressant. But you'll hard core binge out eventually because your so god damn hungry/ cranky from being so caffeinated and cranky. Would rely on coffee only to wake you up in the morning - not weight loss.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1190 posts
273 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:
Jul 9th, 2017 4:46 am

Haven't had Vietnamese iced coffee in ages. I will definitely give it another try because I used to eat Pho with friends regularly in my school days. I have a very sensitive stomach and I don't think the coffee agreed with my stomach right after eating Pho. LOL Wonder if I can just go to a Pho restaurant and just order the Vietnamese iced coffee for takeout?

BTW, I've been making my own iced coffee with the sweetened condensed milk at home all summer. Now I'm very curious how much a taste difference my own iced coffee compares to popular Vietnamese coffee brand such as Trung Nguyen and Highlands Coffee?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36672 posts
2540 upvotes
Toronto
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Jul 9th, 2017 6:04 pm
Haven't had Vietnamese iced coffee in ages. I will definitely give it another try because I used to eat Pho with friends regularly in my school days. I have a very sensitive stomach and I don't think the coffee agreed with my stomach right after eating Pho. LOL Wonder if I can just go to a Pho restaurant and just order the Vietnamese iced coffee for takeout?

BTW, I've been making my own iced coffee with the sweetened condensed milk at home all summer. Now I'm very curious how much a taste difference my own iced coffee compares to popular Vietnamese coffee brand such as Trung Nguyen and Highlands Coffee?
Yep... happens all the time bc the viet ice coffee is known for being unique.

Your stomach might hurt if youre sensitive to acid. Its. Dark roast espresso. Usually not recommended for people with a weak stomach or gas
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1407 posts
483 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:
Jul 9th, 2017 8:04 pm
Yep... happens all the time bc the viet ice coffee is known for being unique.

Your stomach might hurt if youre sensitive to acid. Its. Dark roast espresso. Usually not recommended for people with a weak stomach or gas
I know people are gonna laugh but
one time I got Tims ice coffee pretty late, I forgot to ask for sweetener inside, I get it black with no sugar

I was driving home a little while after and puked my guts out. It was a quick pull over to the side of the road, open my car door and boom, puked twice

I had microwave Kraft dinner in those styrofoam looking bowls, I thought it was that. I thought I microwaved it too long and consumed some of the styrofoam that melted into the Mac and cheese.

I have a pretty weak stomach right now, due to some medicine I take. I remember when I was a kid my stomach was the toughest stomach ever. I went to buffets and people would get food poisoning and I ate the same stuff with no issues. Also ate raw chicken/pork many times by accident with no issues
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11024 posts
1522 upvotes
City of Vancouver
toronto19850 wrote:
Jul 9th, 2017 11:34 pm
...Also ate raw chicken/pork many times by accident with no issues
A lot of people don't know they have tape worms inside of them.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
1407 posts
483 upvotes
Becks wrote:
Jul 10th, 2017 3:56 pm
A lot of people don't know they have tape worms inside of them.
Actually I got checked because I was always hungry. I would eat and 1 hour later I'd be hungry. Turns out my metabolism is just fast. My parents thought I had a tape worm or something when I was a kid.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11024 posts
1522 upvotes
City of Vancouver
On the news yesterday, they reported about a study that said drinking coffee may make u live longer.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4523 posts
246 upvotes
RojoRojoWine wrote:
Jul 9th, 2017 3:59 pm
You'll loose weight initially because it's a diuretic / appetite suppressant. But you'll hard core binge out eventually because your so god damn hungry/ cranky from being so caffeinated and cranky. Would rely on coffee only to wake you up in the morning - not weight loss.
People relying on coffee for weight loss are missing the forest for the trees. Talk about majoring in the minors!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11211 posts
1540 upvotes
Toronto
amz155 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2017 7:27 pm
People relying on coffee for weight loss are missing the forest for the trees. Talk about majoring in the minors!
Please be more specific. I'm thinking you mean that even if weight can be lost, the side effects of coffee intake are not worth the bother.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2308 posts
148 upvotes
I'd drink coffee before workout to improve performance. I can't see it as the only means to shed weight.