Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1038 posts
393 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

Drive-by Littering

There is an individual who has a habit of driving up my back lane and throwing a bag of garbage out his window.
It is an older man, driving a Chevrolet Impala. He drives up the lane every morning, almost always between 08:30 and 09:30, and throws one bag out his window without stopping.
The bags contain leftover food, food packages, sometimes receipts, and even a pair of pants once.
He's been doing it for many weeks now, and if the residents are not quick to pick up after him, the crows get at it and the lane gets filled with his garbage.
I have him on camera, but my resolution is not high enough to see his license plate on the video. However, my neighbour was able to follow him one time and take a picture of his license plate.
What are my best options to:
1. Get him to stop littering like an animal.
2. Have him punished.

?

Below are videos of this driver-by litterer and his license plate:

187 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
1376 posts
342 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Thats funny.

Call up the bylaw office and give them the videos and photo evidence. This scum needs to learn what his parents never taught him about littering.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7214 posts
838 upvotes
Toronto
Man, what a piece of work. Talk about "neither snow nor rain", that guy is punctual and consistent lmao.

GL w/ this garbage-throwing garbage. Hope karma gets him.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4344 posts
429 upvotes
Brutal! I wouldn't approach him thought, leave that to the local authorities.
I don't do downvotes but feel free to downvote me.👎

"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Feb 9, 2013
851 posts
448 upvotes
Ottawa
Buy a paintball gun from Kijiji and wait for him one morning, and then spray his car up. Or just pay a kid $20 to do it.
Mar 27, 2015
696 posts
164 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
This would be enough to make me walk the neighbourhood to see if I could spot the car and find out where he lives. Then I'd be picking up the bags and returning them to his home. He's gotta be close by.
But, you definitely need to contact by-law enforcement. If they won't take the video as proof, maybe they could stake out the laneway in person, given the narrow timeframe that he seems to do his dirty work.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
6069 posts
649 upvotes
T dot 6
Last edited by Jaytee on Mar 5th, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1038 posts
393 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Jaytee wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 7:55 pm
This is not out of the question. It does pose a logistics challenge though.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
3844 posts
2454 upvotes
GTA
You should post his plate in your videos but don't use your real name for your youtube channel.
British Colombia License Plate BD036V

If the authorities won't help, contact a local news channel. They love stuff like this and may be able to help.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1038 posts
393 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
cheapmeister wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 10:09 pm
He must live close by. Find where he lives and throw garbage on his property! Fight fire with fire!
My theory is that he works the night shift somewhere nearby. He buys some food before his shift and then eats it and puts the garbage in the bag. When he is done work and starts heading home, he no longer needs the bag of garbage. Being such a delicate soul, he cannot stand to have the bag of garbage in his car for even one second longer, so he tosses it out the window.
The video with the snow is from this morning. His car is clean so he obviously parks it indoors somewhere.

I will call the city tomorrow and see if I can make a complaint online and either attach the videos or links to them. If I have to go there in person to make a complaint, it's a non-starter.
Deal Guru
Feb 8, 2014
13300 posts
3276 upvotes
Toronto
iflyplanes wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 6:49 pm
Buy a paintball gun from Kijiji and wait for him one morning, and then spray his car up. Or just pay a kid $20 to do it.
best reply Face With Tears Of Joy
I'm sure there would be legal issues involved so i wouldn't actually try this, but it would be a hilarious thing to do.
Lies, damned lies, statistics and alternative facts
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10929 posts
1487 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Call the police non-emergency line and tell them what u told us. They could look the plate up and contact the car owner about the situation.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
1615 posts
316 upvotes
Windsor
iflyplanes wrote:
Mar 5th, 2017 6:49 pm
As well, remember to put the paintballs in the freezer, or at least the fridge; put a little more sting in em.
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.