Tags:
Apr 23, 2014
561 posts
133 upvotes
Toronto, ON
hebsie wrote:
Mar 11th, 2017 4:06 pm
...what size? I'm looking for something in a 34x34
RFDer of the year award! (the only way u can lose the award this year, is if the garbage tosser is also an RFD member and is following this thread for updates)
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2009
1189 posts
218 upvotes
Toronto
I would stake a lot on the fact that he has the disabled parking permit fraudulently. 10% of the cars in Toronto have one and most are scammers, surely Vancouver is similar. He's a jerk taking and doing whatever he can. Even when caught, he won't care. He feels it's his right to do as he pleases.

Call parking enforcement and have them check his permit status, it may not even be his. Could be borrowed or stolen.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
15029 posts
1066 upvotes
Thornhill
I forgot who I was talking to, but I had heard about an older guy who just couldn't stand garbage in his house - he basically had to clear it out each day. Maybe this guy is similar.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1034 posts
391 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
t3359 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 9:14 pm
Stake out the top of the lane - see where this dude comes from.

bjl
That requires me to be outside for a couple of hours when I need to be inside, getting ready for work and helping my kids get ready for school (and driving them to school).
I wish I had that kind of free time on my hands.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1034 posts
391 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
hoponpop wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 8:08 pm
I would stake a lot on the fact that he has the disabled parking permit fraudulently. 10% of the cars in Toronto have one and most are scammers, surely Vancouver is similar. He's a jerk taking and doing whatever he can. Even when caught, he won't care. He feels it's his right to do as he pleases.

Call parking enforcement and have them check his permit status, it may not even be his. Could be borrowed or stolen.
I don't know if he's scamming the disabled permit system but he can definitely walk...
Aug 4, 2006
256 posts
57 upvotes
GTA - Gwill
Sievert wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 9:22 pm
I don't know if he's scamming the disabled permit system but he can definitely walk...
To be fair ... not all disabilities are visible.

That guy could be lacking a brain or the use of it.

It would have been hilarious if "someone" clipped the garbage bag onto his window wiper (maybe with a large tear in the bag). Maybe with a slow leaking cup of soda inside.

It's too bad the new camera setup doesn't clearly show his license plate number.

Thanks for keeping us updated.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1034 posts
391 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Mattones wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 9:29 pm
Any updates?
The city inspector spent Thursday morning in my carport waiting for the guy to pass by and throw out a garbage bag. He didn't show.
On Friday he drove up the lane and 2 garbage bags were found tied together on the street but it was out of view of the camera.
My neighbour staked out the lane this morning and saw the car exiting from the underground parking of a multistory building at the corner of OUR block. One of the more visible tenants had recently moved out and the neighbour suspects that this douche moved in. This would explain why he drives up our lane every morning and why neither my neighbour nor I recognized him or his car.
I was impressed with the city's fast action at the beginning but I am not impressed with their inability to crack down on this guy.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1034 posts
391 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
RolandCouch wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 2:34 am
Any next steps planned ?
I don't know what options I have available other than letting the city do its thing.
Part of me wants to just talk to him and ask him to please stop littering. Another part of me wants to fill his car/apt with garbage. Another part of me wants to distribute flyers with still images of him throwing garbage to all the residents of both blocks so that he has more people scheming to make him stop/pay.
I realize that letting the city take care of it is the smartest thing to do, I'm just getting impatient.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
3223 posts
1896 upvotes
GTA
Sievert wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 3:02 pm
I don't know what options I have available other than letting the city do its thing.
Part of me wants to just talk to him and ask him to please stop littering. Another part of me wants to fill his car/apt with garbage. Another part of me wants to distribute flyers with still images of him throwing garbage to all the residents of both blocks so that he has more people scheming to make him stop/pay.
I realize that letting the city take care of it is the smartest thing to do, I'm just getting impatient.
Maybe just put up posters along his route showing him throwing trash out his window (and a link to the youtube videos). That might shame him into stopping (maybe doing it somewhere else), but you won't have the satisfaction of having caught/punished by the city.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7032 posts
783 upvotes
Toronto
No excuse for the culprit, I'm just curious if OP can guess why in his warped mind he's littering, is the garbage area 100 miles away? Craziness.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1034 posts
391 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
tranquility922 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 4:39 pm
No excuse for the culprit, I'm just curious if OP can guess why in his warped mind he's littering, is the garbage area 100 miles away? Craziness.
I'm very curious to know what makes him think that this is OK. The building has large garbage bins on the lane side but getting the garbage into those bins requires that he take his garbage bags, walk to the back of the building and place his garbage bags in the bins. Perhaps this is too much work for him and he prefers to just throw the bags out of his car window.
Below is an image of the lane. The driveway to/from the underground parking is marked in magenta. The building's garbage bins are shown between the red arrows. He could easily just stop next to those bins when he starts driving up the lane and place his bags in the bins like a normal human being but I guess he's not a normal human being.

Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
3223 posts
1896 upvotes
GTA
Sievert wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 5:41 pm
I'm very curious to know what makes him think that this is OK. The building has large garbage bins on the lane side but getting the garbage into those bins requires that he take his garbage bags, walk to the back of the building and place his garbage bags in the bins. Perhaps this is too much work for him and he prefers to just throw the bags out of his car window.
Below is an image of the lane. The driveway to/from the underground parking is marked in magenta. The building's garbage bins are shown between the red arrows. He could easily just stop next to those bins when he starts driving up the lane and place his bags in the bins like a normal human being but I guess he's not a normal human being.
He's just a lazy bastard, inconsiderate of others.