driver certificate change from NB to Toronto?

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2018 9:48 am
Apr 30, 2018
8 posts

driver certificate change from NB to Toronto?

Hi there

I will move to Toronto from New Brunswick. Do i need to change my license ( class 5, for 1 Yr ) to Toronto, and is another certification or test needed?

3 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 6, 2010
9141 posts
Once you get to Ontario, you visit any service Ontario location, submit your NB license and they will process an Ontario license for you. Just make sure that if you have any special requirements to drive, or any additional classes, make sure you verbally tell them before hand. If class 5 in NB is beginner, than you will get the Ontario equivalent.
Jul 1, 2013
4 posts
1 upvote
I just move to Toronto from NS, I believe NS and NB have same driver class system. If you have Full class 5 not R or N, you will get full G licence. Otherwise, you would stick with G2
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2004
6490 posts
Toronto, ON
Also, because this is RFD, look into whether NB will refund you the prorated cost of your driver's licence.

Ontario, at least, will refund driver's license fees for residents who move out of province. There's a process explained deep within the MTO web site.


Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)