• Last Updated:
  • Aug 30th, 2018 6:23 pm
[OP]
May 9, 2015
184 posts
167 upvotes
Guelph, ON

Driveway pavement contractor recommendations

My parents want to repave their driveway. They are from Brampton. Anyone know a good company they can recommend? Nothing fancy needed.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
2271 posts
286 upvotes
Ancaster
Tell them to walk around their neighbourhood and find a newly done driveway that looks decent and ask the homeowners for a reference and contact information for their contractor.
Mar 3, 2018
527 posts
302 upvotes
GTA
West York Paving out of Etobicoke. Most of my neighbours use them including myself. No issues so far after five years.
Dec 25, 2012
411 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
For resealing ? I see signs everywhere for $100 weekend special or whatever...
JS
Dec 7, 2009
229 posts
89 upvotes
burbs
phuong2006 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2018 2:53 pm
My parents want to repave their driveway. They are from Brampton. Anyone know a good company they can recommend? Nothing fancy needed.
You will get the best price when you "piggyback" on a bunch of other driveways being done in your area. One of the biggest cost for pavers is the mobilization of the equipment to the area they are paving. They will come in and rip out the old driveway and wait a few weeks to get a bunch of contracts in the area and then pave. If there is nothing going on in the neighbourhood, then costs can be higher. It usually best to schedule in the spring when they are eager to get the season started, watch for the contractor thats around your neighbourhood and get references.

Call Sal at Sone-Ridge Paving. They are located in Brampton and do good work. 416-410-4116
Feb 25, 2004
462 posts
90 upvotes
Longueuil
nielboy wrote:
Aug 11th, 2018 5:45 pm
Tell them to walk around their neighbourhood and find a newly done driveway that looks decent and ask the homeowners for a reference and contact information for their contractor.
Driveways always look good when they are newly done. If you want to get a good idea if a driveway was done properly, you have to wait for a few years. If they didn't dig deep enough, you will see that after a few years only, the pavers are sinking where the tires of the parked car are.
Try not! Do or do not, there is no try...
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
1141 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
DaveTheDude wrote:
Aug 11th, 2018 5:57 pm
West York Paving out of Etobicoke. Most of my neighbours use them including myself. No issues so far after five years.
Same here - used West York to re-do our driveway about 4 years back. Their operation is amazing. No issues here either! I'm in the west end of Toronto.
Aug 29, 2018
2 posts
Any issues with West York paving driveways? Anyone used Ludwig paving company? I am have to repave my driveway (3 car spaces). I am looking for a reputable company that has paved for a long time, if anyone has good recommendations please list them for me. If you used them yourselves for at least 4-5 years ago. Please help.
Aug 29, 2018
2 posts
Any issues with West York paving driveways? Anyone used Ludwig paving company? I am have to repave my driveway (3 car spaces). I am looking for a reputable company that has paved for a long time, if anyone has good recommendations please list them for me. If you used them yourselves for at least 4-5 years ago. Please help.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)