259 upvotes
Toronto

15% cash back (in Drop points) on Apple

Deal Link:
Expiry:
August 20, 2019
Retailer:
Drop
48 hour deal on the Drop app for 15% cash back on Apple purchases, ends on Aug 20 according to their Instagram.

Exclusions: Points is/are issued by Drop, not Apple. Products not eligible for points are gift cards, gift wrap, trade-in program, Bose products, Apple Developer Programs and shipping. Apple sells and ships products to end user customers only; you may not purchase for resale. Eligible only to a customer for up to five (5) units per eligible product, except iPhone, in which case only two (2) units within a thirty-day (30-day) period are eligible.
58 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1027 posts
235 upvotes
Montreal
Great!

Does it work with edu discounts?

How reliable is Drop?
Mar 13, 2017
2 posts
Works with edu program, "Products not eligible for points are gift cards, gift wrap, trade-in program, Bose products, Apple Developer Programs and shipping."

I have found Drop to be very reliable, usually a delay for the return period to elapse, but otherwise no issues
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
5483 posts
936 upvotes
Toronto
Xcessiv wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 10:09 am
Great!

Does it work with edu discounts?

How reliable is Drop?
I got almost equivalent to $150 in drop points redeem for Amazon and Cineplex GC.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2002
1618 posts
161 upvotes
Scarborough
simplypop wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 10:21 am
Interesting. Is this like ebates?
It does have cashback similar to ebates with a referral tracking link, but also let's you link you credit / debit cards to earn points on in store purchases at some retailers. This does require you to link with your online banking credentials.

If you sign up, keep in mind that after you pick your five retailers you can't change them for credit/debit linked offers, but you can always earn points using the referral link for online shopping.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5127 posts
992 upvotes
Toronto
So, can someone correct me if I'm wrong; we can combine with EDU offers, so we could use the EDU discount + Free Beats Promo + 15% back in Amazon GCs? This seems like an excellent deal, almost good enough to have me jump on a 12.9 iPad Pro + pencil + AppleCare, assuming it comes with $300 back in Amazon GCs.

EDIT: It looks like you have to link your banking credentials, which makes me a bit iffy on the whole thing.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
19008 posts
455 upvotes
Shanghai, China
milhaus wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 11:49 am
So, can someone correct me if I'm wrong; we can combine with EDU offers, so we could use the EDU discount + Free Beats Promo + 15% back in Amazon GCs? This seems like an excellent deal, almost good enough to have me jump on a 12.9 iPad Pro + pencil + AppleCare, assuming it comes with $300 back in Amazon GCs.

EDIT: It looks like you have to link your banking credentials, which makes me a bit iffy on the whole thing.
I'm curious if this will work and make this a good deal for Apple products.
Jul 18, 2015
145 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
Isn't this a pretty hot deal when combined with the EDU offers? Why is no one commenting?

EDIT: Are you only allowed to redeem points for one of each offer? Or can I get multiple Amazon gift cards?
Last edited by sherminator on Aug 19th, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 20, 2003
440 posts
249 upvotes
Markham
Thanks OP, going to take advantage of this deal and purchase a macbook pro. This will net me around $300 worth of points!
May 1, 2015
834 posts
585 upvotes
Toronto, ON
any way to convert the points to cash other than getting gift cards?
Running successful Spotify group buy since June 2018
Running successful Netflix group buy since Dec 2017
Penalty Box
Oct 14, 2005
1349 posts
628 upvotes
Very hot deal. Recent Aeroplan offer was 10%, Air Miles was roughly 8%, now this is 15%.
Nov 7, 2017
176 posts
117 upvotes
Edmonton
sherminator wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 4:46 pm
Isn't this a pretty hot deal when combined with the EDU offers? Why is no one commenting?

EDIT: Are you only allowed to redeem points for one of each offer? Or can I get multiple Amazon gift cards?
You can get multiple Amazon gift cards, if you have a lot of points.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1102 posts
310 upvotes
Toronto, ON
milhaus wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 11:49 am

I'd recommend you wait for the ipad pro refresh possibly in october.
Sep 22, 2016
356 posts
668 upvotes
Does it work if I pay with apple GC instead of credit card?
I love great flight deals, although it sucks that I only have 4 weeks of vacation per year 😢