• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2018 12:13 pm
[OP]
Oct 31, 2013
33 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto

Drop APP points issue

I’m wondering is anyone here using Drop APP to earn the points and has points honoring issue all the time?
I have to email them all the time to honor the points I suppose to get even it has been under pending for couple of months which is over their guaranteed periods.
11 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
9267 posts
4169 upvotes
Wrong section to post this bud.!
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
Jan 4, 2014
765 posts
205 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Wrong section.

But to answer your question, yes, I've had multiple issues, has my wife. We need to daily make inquiries as to where our points are, and will only get an answer after about a week.

I recently had the draft kings promo for 15k points. After waiting a month to see my points I contacted them at least a dozen times over a week and a half. Finally someone responded simply saying I had done it wrong, and should read the instructions next time. I responded by asking if they could elaborate as to what I had done wrong, as I'd never been a member of draft kings and would like to know. Suddenly about an hour later I get an email saying my points have arrived.

My wife used their app to buy stuff from old navy over a month ago and is still waiting on a response as to where her points are.
[OP]
Oct 31, 2013
33 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Sry to post wrong section . Hope admin can help me to move to the right section.

And thank you guys! Good to know I’m not the only one. I’m just feel so tired of emailing them back and forth for every single transaction!

Obviously this is their APP issue to process the points automatically or maybe they just want to give us a hard time to get points we earned!
Sep 27, 2007
195 posts
89 upvotes
Vancouver
They owe me 100k points and have not replied to enquiries. I even messaged them through Twitter with no luck. Many others are reporting similar issues on Reddit, their customer service is awful.
Tangerine Member 😃
[OP]
Oct 31, 2013
33 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
I attached transaction details with my email to them, to make them stop lying to honor the points.
Luckily I got what I supposed to earn up to now. But it’s really annoying to email them every time.
U have to keep eyes on your points history carefully.
I really have to drop this drop APP after getting the points under the pending.....
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
1819 posts
450 upvotes
Toronto
I gave up on them after I was told that "we are just a market place and you need to follow up with the merchant to see why your points weren't credit in our drop app".

Lol. Smh

And this thread should be moved to Shopping Discussion .. had nothing to do with personal finance. Drop is just a glorified ebates.ca
[OP]
Oct 31, 2013
33 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
esq05 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2018 3:21 pm
I gave up on them after I was told that "we are just a market place and you need to follow up with the merchant to see why your points weren't credit in our drop app".

Lol. Smh

And this thread should be moved to Shopping Discussion .. had nothing to do with personal finance. Drop is just a glorified ebates.ca
Admin moved it to here.....I never know Drop I’d related to Ebates.ca since Ebates.ca is more reliable!
Jan 26, 2014
162 posts
165 upvotes
Yep. I was told to wait 45 days. I don't even have points pending. I never got them at all.

The points were for ebay purchases.... almost $65 worth owing. Judging from peoples posts here, facebook, a few forums, and some BBB complains. I may have some trouble getting what is owed.
Jan 13, 2007
884 posts
70 upvotes
Anyone know why drop and MBNA aren't working?
Jan 2, 2009
190 posts
58 upvotes
Last points I had accredited was Nov 1st. They replied to my inquiry with an apology adn said they are having trouble with the points updating and gave me a free snake gameplay. I'm about to delete the app. I got about 20 bucks out of it in about a year so not a huge loss.
May 31, 2006
97 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
I'm owed 40K points from ebay boost purchases. I bought when 10% rewards but they awarded 1.4% after 45 days. Drop support is useless for getting back points. There are multiple posts about the missing ebay points elsewhere. They are obviously aware but don't care hoping you give up chasing the missing points.

Drop is not worth the effort to get points. I would tell people to avoid. I got my brother in law to sign up initially and of course he also did not get the points for his purchases either. These are systematic errors on their part.

Ebates is way better.